Forums
May 03, 2024, 06:46 AM

Author Topic: Worms Reloaded ongoing Review  (Read 12021 times)

Offline TheReaper

Re: Worms Reloaded ongoing Review
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 08:27 AM »
I had a bit of a rag on it last night and if the interface was re-skinned for pc AND they fix the f@#!ing rope AND get a descent way of getting multiplayer games then it would be good.

The way worms grip on land is all messed up steep hills you are used to walking up and down you slide about on...  grenades stick to worms, literally.

The multiplayer is REALLY REALLY BAD not the gameplay but getting a game it's like it was made for people with an IQ of 6.

There is more im sure lol.

Offline skime

« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 09:40 AM by skime »

Offline Maciej

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2010, 09:43 AM »
uh roping looks just ugly, you can't get speed (through which you can recognize a good player) and you can not go up because of gravity!  :o or it looks like that at least

WELL, I HOPE WE WILL SEND THERE OUR PPL WITH MISSION, SHOW THOSE NOOBS THERE ON WR THIS FORUM AND OTHER STUFFS RELATED WITH WA, TAKE THEM INTO WA WORLD AND MAKE WA AS ACTIVE AS IT USED TO BE!! weee

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2010, 10:01 AM »
I actually think the roping looks kind of cool, because it's different, whats the point in having a new game thats exactly the same? It makes it harder, which could be interesting :)

I'm eager to try it :D

Offline TheReaper

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2010, 10:46 AM »
I am having a laugh..just not sure how long it will be fun unless they improve some stuff drasticly.

The rope is just a pain, you can move about a map with it np, going up is a problem unless you have 2 walls(or something like that) to grab onto as you swing.  I'm not saying it should be exactly like w:a but have some momentum carried and a bit more weeee time :D

Offline darKz

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2010, 10:48 AM »
Maciej, going there and saying "hay guyz im pr0 r0perz in wa u all n00bz ololo" won't exactly help, they'll just think you're an idiot lol.

And Dave, I agree at first view the roping looks like it could become interesting, but if you've played the game and tried out the rope you'll very quickly notice that there's a speed limit, the rope angle for a "perfect shadow" is pretty much halved and it just feels awkward. There's no way that the rope in WR as it is can be used to rope much different from what you see in those videos which skime posted - it is impossible to pick up speed, to do a pump, or even a kick.. You can't spike also, the only roping trick which actually works is the shadow - more or less like it should.

I really don't mean to spoil the excitement, but that's my honest opinion after having tried it out.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Maciej

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2010, 10:58 AM »
pfff another stupid guy, hater, who wants to show everyone that I'm idiot, while I'm not - darkz
wtf is your problem in reading??
I meant show them our community, our videos from league, some freestyle moves by nlf, just advertise WA, to make feeling they are gonna try it! ...

Offline darKz

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2010, 11:04 AM »
Slap me hard bitch.

I'm just saying, nothing wrong with the idea, but I think advertising in the wrong way could backfire.

I never said you were an idiot by the way, learn to read. :)
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Maciej

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2010, 11:14 AM »
Maciej, going there and saying "hay guyz im pr0 r0perz in wa u all n00bz ololo" won't exactly help, they'll just think you're an idiot lol.

here it is, it's twist my words, trying to make me idiot! I have never written shit like that, have never meant smth like that!

Offline darKz

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2010, 11:19 AM »
Okay smart boy, let me rephrase it for you then.

Maciej, going there and telling them how awesome WA and the roping and whatnot is would probably not help at this time, they'd just think you're one of the "WA Elitists" telling them they're doing it wrong.

That's basically the same as what you quoted.

Maybe you're just obsessed with thinking that everyone thinks you're an idiot because there's some truth in it, I don't know really.

Anyway this is going off topic.
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Maciej

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2010, 11:23 AM »
rofl, but I quoted your mind, not my  :o
we can give them some links to this site, some youtube video with nlf or WO for example, that's all

I'm sure some of them will like it, this big community, those possibilities, and will try it!
AND IF ANYBODY HAS EVER TRIED WA, HE WILL BE BACK SOONER OR LATER, YOU KNOW...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:25 AM by Maciej »

Offline avirex

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2010, 11:27 AM »
yeah, i agree... i think alot of people will come to w:a.... they will see the w:r roping and think how neat it is... then find out about w:a roping, see some youtube shits.. and run their lil newb ass's on over to wnet ;D

Offline darKz

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2010, 11:28 AM »
Actually I think the word about WA will spread there eventually, it's been mentioned on the Steam forums a lot and will also be a topic in this very new WR community itself. There are already quite a bunch of our WA guys on Steam, quite possibly telling them about WA in a positive way.

Btw did your shift key get stuck Maciej? ::)
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Maciej

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2010, 11:34 AM »
Btw did your shift key get stuck Maciej? ::)

no, I pressed CapsLock  :o

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2010, 12:29 PM »
Omg I hate this roping ;D

Noob again!

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win