Forums
May 17, 2024, 02:30 AM

Author Topic: Worms Reloaded ongoing Review  (Read 12075 times)

Offline Maciej

Re: Worms Reloaded ongoing Review
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2010, 10:02 AM »
heh Komo, from -45 (or even more) you got 0! gratz!
have to get same! xd

Offline HHC

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2010, 10:36 AM »
It is fun playing around with that game, no doubt, but as I already told you I think it's lacking depth and will be boring in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, it needs a lot of support from the community to set up custom leagues, schemes and communities. The +1 or 0 leaderboards aren't particularly appealing.
But meh, I played 16.8 hours on wednesday evening and thursday combined, that has to be a new rec for me  :D

By the way, as for the review part, a few more hinters:
- Single player campaign is very tedious. The puzzles are cool (though simple), so are the races (I know, opinions vary), but most 'missions' are ordinary deathmatch on random levels with increasingly difficult opposition. It's pretty darn boring. I'm also disappointed by the fact that it's just the W2A missions copied to PC.. no new ones I think.
+ The hats, worm skin colour, custom team names and worms and most of all the steam-avatar that gets shown in game (as replacement of a flag) allows you to be creative and make pretty funny teams.
- The maps selected for ranked matches are random.. 60-70% of games played in BnG channel are played in a cave or worse, on a vertical map (worms stuck at the bottom can only shoot zooks up to 1/3 of the map  >:().
+ The AI is much better than in WA. More random too... enemy worms can do amazing shots (like shotgun you when you're piled with an other enemy worm) or blow themselves up for no reason. I've seen CPU worms use parachute, so yeah, they are much smarter than before. Simple darkside and piling strategies of WA deathmatch are hard to execute this time.
- As much as the voice chat sounds fun it's annoying most of the time cause of the excessive background noise or the echo of the game playing in the background. And yeah, the *coughing* too. There should be an option to put it off automatically, you can only shut it down by altering the options while playing the game.
+ The bananabomb kicks ass. There's about 7 nana's coming out, sometimes one of them lands half a map away from the initial blast! Very random, very explosive.
+ There aren't many noobs online. At least 75% knows how to use the rope fairly properly. Sure, some weapons are still unknown to people (Some dude tried to kill me with a lightning attack, not knowing it actually adds 30 health.. :)), but the game seems much more newbie-friendly.. you know, it's easy to pick up, while it's much harder for pro's to easily win a game. Most games are pretty darn close.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 10:59 AM by HHC »

Offline skime

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2010, 11:35 AM »
Quote from: HHC
- The maps selected for ranked matches are random.. 60-70% of games played in BnG channel are played in a cave or worse, on a vertical map (worms stuck at the bottom can only shoot zooks up to 1/3 of the map  ).

Yea I suggested T17 to include BnG scheme.. and they did it but i thought they know how BnG look like.. It's disaster to play it ranked. :)

Offline StaTich

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2010, 11:54 AM »
+1 to Komo

BUT... the rope is pretty much f@#!ed up, you can't pump, you can't shadow properly, you can't get speed from bouncing off walls, and more important, you can't go up properly, it takes me 20 seconds to extend in a normal standard game.

All the rest of the game is GREAT.

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2010, 07:27 PM »
Can you make your own sound banks?

Can you make your own graves?

I'm 90% close to buying this....I guess I should just to play you guys?

Offline darKz

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2010, 07:51 PM »
Can you make your own sound banks?

Can you make your own graves?

No.

No.

: <

The customizability is really poor in W:R.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline avirex

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2010, 07:56 PM »
like i have already said.. once these w:r new comers see w:r roping, they will be fasinated... but when they see w:a videos on youtube, they will be intregued ;) did i spell  that right? of course not :) haehhaeha

but im confident that in a short matter of time, w:a will be a playground for a bunch of little newbs... and i think it will be our job as oldschoolers to be nice to them, and take them under our wing... sometimes i can be an ass to them, but i honestly try to help them as much as possible, they are what will keep this game alive, and sometimes we forget that...

as most of you know, i dissapear for a year at a time randomly, and i always enjoy coming back and seeing the game still kicking...i would be thrilled if i could see this game going for another 10 years... and without newbs, its not possible.. so lets be nice :) and teach them...

hell, there will be so many newbs, we can even have a league for them... each oldschooler can be represented by a newb... its your job to teach the newb, and train him to compete league style, and all the newbs can go at it 1v1 league... hahahah thad be funny :p

anyway, i posted at t17 forum nail

Offline avirex

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2010, 08:02 PM »
oooo nooooo's i made  along post, but it must not have went through for whatever reason.. lol, dunno if i can be bothered to do it again :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2010, 08:47 PM »
Rene, you are right, it will get boring, only because i've played WA for over 11 years and I am totally hooked on this though, and I think this is better so to me it's no competition, i'll still enjoy it now and again though :)

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2010, 08:55 PM »
hell, there will be so many newbs, we can even have a league for them... each oldschooler can be represented by a newb... its your job to teach the newb, and train him to compete league style, and all the newbs can go at it 1v1 league... hahahah thad be funny :p

Sounds like one of those adverts on tv.  Adopt your very own newb for £5 a month.

My first +1 for that post because I agree.

I was playing ssr with some arrogant twat yesterday who wanted me to kick a player because he wasn't pro.  I explained to him that with that attitude there would be only 5 ssr players in the world for a long time to come.

:<

Offline avirex

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2010, 09:00 PM »
hell yah!! keep them +1's coming!! i need them!! im not in cfc :D

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2010, 09:01 PM »

-1 for begging.  Hahah.

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2010, 09:08 PM »
avi, if you post in that T17 thread ill +1 you every 12 hours, no lie
worm and learn

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2010, 09:15 PM »

Pfft, I don't even ask them to applaud me and there is only 2 in cfc that do this that i'm aware of, I don't know why but i've been getting about 5-9 +1 everyday, I must be doing something right, for that many people to applaud me...

Either way, i'll take it as a sign that people like my attitude recently, because I have calmed down a bit, and I will try to keep it this way :)

Offline Husk

« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2010, 07:07 AM »
i rly like the idea of better ai, using chute :P but there are few succesful trolls on t17 forums, gooooooodddd
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 07:10 AM by Husk »