Forums
April 27, 2024, 10:16 PM

Author Topic: Worms Showcase 2  (Read 12070 times)

Re: Worms Showcase 2
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2010, 07:19 PM »
Koras: most of those 30 seconds are filled with walking towards your target though and therefore not very spectacular :)

These are the best moves of one year Open Intermediate League and when you say they're not spectacular then Intermediate players have nothing to add here.  ::)

Perhaps you should include right after that ::) it drastically changes the way the first sentence should be interpreted. There's no need to include entire turns, just the parts of said turns that matter. Walking towards your target is not necessary.

Offline Koras

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2010, 08:05 PM »
Koras: most of those 30 seconds are filled with walking towards your target though and therefore not very spectacular :)

These are the best moves of one year Open Intermediate League and when you say they're not spectacular then Intermediate players have nothing to add here.  ::)

Perhaps you should include right after that ::) it drastically changes the way the first sentence should be interpreted. There's no need to include entire turns, just the parts of said turns that matter. Walking towards your target is not necessary.
Yeah naturally i said "some good tourns take from 20 to 30seconds"........ anyway look at this example, good turn but whole 30s:)
Of course some moves are shorter but most of them is at least +10 seconds,unfortunately(imo) best of them are 'very long'.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 08:11 PM by Koras »

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2010, 09:28 PM »
Yeah naturally i said "some good tourns take from 20 to 30seconds"........ anyway look at this example, good turn but whole 30s:)
Of course some moves are shorter but most of them is at least +10 seconds,unfortunately(imo) best of them are 'very long'.

Absolutely gorgeous turn, but do we really need to see him jumping/walking down towards that worm?
At any rate, you don't need 6 different sections to stand a chance :)
TSR had by far the most shots and also the lowest score on the first one. Wyv on the other hand only had 3 shots there and a pretty high score

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2010, 12:16 AM »
Every move can be easily edited for movie (skipping actions which arent really needed, like told before - moving or useless pointing out with homing; making frames much faster or whatever) even if it is whole 45s turn. Its a bit more complicated to make, but not that hard; dunno if Cueshark could handle it. Watch new movie by OutOfOrder, there are plenty intermediate frags, where 30sec is enought for at least 2-3 long moves, much more for simple ones.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2010, 03:26 PM »
;O

Hi guys,

Yeah, the idea is to pack as much quality in your 30 seconds as possible.  So I'll always cut out unnecessary actions from your replays and get the best out of them.

With OOO's video he sped up the replay during some parts.  This was really cool but it could get complicated if we offered the same option to Showcasers.

30 seconds each keeps the action moving nicely without the movie getting too long!

:<

Offline beer

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2010, 05:57 PM »
cue ;<

drama queen iz back

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2010, 11:53 AM »
:<

Offline Free

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2010, 12:08 PM »
BOR

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2010, 01:08 PM »
Update: 19 participants!

Cueshark has started making it already :) If anyone else still wishes to send in their replays, you're gonna have to hurry!

Excellent show to those who sent in their replays :)

« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2010, 05:59 PM »
you got my 3 replays guys? xd

Offline beer

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2010, 06:29 PM »
add the end of t17 with text telling what game it was! im sure ull win dude XD

drama queen iz back

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2010, 05:36 PM »
Don't be so sure!
Cueshark has informed me that winning this edition of showcase is more difficult than the first time around :)

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2010, 11:38 AM »
Yo Guys.

We're up to 20 participants.

Thanks for all your submissions and anyone who still wants to be involved.  Let me know as soon as possible!

Cue :<

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2010, 10:59 AM »
I don't know for sure. Is this what you are looking for?

[4:50]
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline darKz

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2010, 01:18 PM »
Yes Monkey, but he's looking for 30 seconds worth of that, rather than 3 seconds. ;)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010