Forums
April 28, 2024, 06:57 PM

Author Topic: Worms world cup?  (Read 2863 times)

Worms world cup?
« on: June 23, 2012, 10:57 PM »
Thats just my idea and that would be awesome xd ill try to be short but uhh
imagine cup where plays country vs country, just such a world cup on football:
1) 4 groups of 4 in each country. Or if its possible even 8 groups (32 country, but not sure if wormers are so active)
2) every country have 3 players as minimum and 5-8 at max. On cup site would be poll for each country where players could vote, who will be on the team
3) games should be 3v3. Just imagine 3v3 country games, thats the most sweetiest gameplay on worms. but scheme needs some fixes, team17 will be removed (with 3 players you arent able to use select worm and the scheme absolutely lost it is sense without sw, imo), but intermediate should be added (it will raise activity of some players, and it is deserves that anyway)
4) my suggest for the system. on groups country plays with each country 4 schemes, both pick 2 of them. if you win 1/4 games its 1 point, 2/4 its 2 points and so on. in the qualifications if draw happens (2-2 i mean. mr. obvious) counties pick general scheme.
5) country on groups, to be fair pairings should be like on football cups, countries are grouped by rating of stats from here.each group got high rating country, half-high, average, and low rated.
 I know it wont be realized on tus, but if here would show up 16 countries I could do the site for cup myself by some kind of epic enthusiasm. If you enjoy the idea and really wanna this happened post here about your country that can play on cup(make sure it got at least 3 playeres who would play that)
 + if no1 know some player, he must have 30+ games played on tus (avoiding aliases  ;D )
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:03 PM by Impossible »

Offline skOrpuz

Re: Worms world cup?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 11:21 PM »
AWESOME IDEA!
i rly agree and support your idea! it would be very interesting!

nice one Impo

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 11:27 PM »
In order to be fair and minimize the bitching I would make the selections based on TUS standings (if one player doesn't want, it goes to the next).

You could either use overall standings or on a season basis.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 11:30 PM »
There isn't 4 Canadians. Bad idea lol
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Guaton

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 11:56 PM »
this was tried in xtc-league , and it was a failure , actually dont see much future in this (like country league at the beginning of tus)  but it would be interesting to see if happens

gl

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 07:45 AM »
It's a great idea mate, if there was enough of us who were really into this sort of thing and were not lazy, we could do it, but the sad truth is there aren't enough people with the time or can be bothered, to do it :'(

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 10:01 AM »
There isn't 4 Canadians.
Same for France I guess.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Rok

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 10:06 AM »
Idea similar to this comes up about once per year. It never leads anywhere :)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Ray

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 10:48 AM »
With some solid planning and execution, it could actually lead somewhere. I would add a few modifications to the planned system though:

• Games are 2 versus 2. 3 versus 3 just makes Elite for example impossible to play.
  • In the Group Stage, you play with each opponent, but always 4 games, 2 selections for both sides. If it's draw, it's draw, that's 1 point, winning is 3 point, like in foootball, as you were saying.
  • A country's team should be of 8 players and against each opponent, different players should play. That means a real teamwork is needed, as one player plays against an opponent only once. Those with less players in their countries' sqad are of course allowed to repeat players.

I honestly don't think that this should be implemented on TUS. I would be in the mood to make a website for this after EAC finishes, so like 20 weeks from now. But only if there are really enough players who would play.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 10:54 AM »
We've seen people take ages or not complete, at all, playoff games in which their personal ability or their clans was at stake.
You think we could see this problem multiplied by 10 in this competition?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Ray

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 10:56 AM »
The more teams you have, the higher the chances are for that to happen. With only 8 teams, it is less likely I would say.

I think when something is new, fresh, people are more attracted to playing it, that is just my experience.

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 12:48 PM »
yea Ray, you have experience on such cups and I trust your html skills xD you could build up it just the way it should be.
Lets actually talk about the most important problem, there is just 10+2 countries that could play it
Im about Russia, UK, Chile, Italy, Poland, USA, Ukraine, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, also Costa Rica have alot of players as I remember, mario, vado, fenice, k1ng.. and Finland (nc, neptune, free, husk and alot of newcomers)
there can be also 1-2 another countries but the fact is that it will never get the number of 16.
I suggest my way to solve it, not even sure if there is any other ways. For countries with low number of players we could allow to combine between 2 countries, Bulgaria & France for example. Because there is still players who doesnt have enough players on their country but still wanna play cup.

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 05:29 PM »
The more teams you have, the higher the chances are for that to happen. With only 8 teams, it is less likely I would say.

I think when something is new, fresh, people are more attracted to playing it, that is just my experience.

i agree with u ray...

Do we have 32 countrys with enough activity to play it? is a country have only 2 active players, can this country play?

Some organization questions would be nice to be considered.32 is too much countrys for a entire cup...16, with gruops, as Eurocup, would be nice too, but someone could be out 0o

And about the national teams,each country could make the choise(voting, dunno), for countrys like germany, chile, brasil, russia, etc; that have too much players... OR each country could have a coach, that answer for the team, be responsible for timeliness of the team, and maybe be responsible for pick the member who will play the game...(it is a bit hard to do, but sounds very funny hehe)

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 05:33 PM »
Im about Russia, UK, Chile, Italy, Poland, USA, Ukraine, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, also Costa Rica have alot of players as I remember, mario, vado, fenice, k1ng.. and Finland (nc, neptune, free, husk and alot of newcomers)
there can be also 1-2 another countries but the fact is that it will never get the number of 16.
I suggest my way to solve it, not even sure if there is any other ways. For countries with low number of players we could allow to combine between 2 countries, Bulgaria & France for example. Because there is still players who doesnt have enough players on their country but still wanna play cup.

aboaut the combination of countrys, it would be a nice idea, but if this combined countrys get a really nice team, some ppl would cry and call it lame... but its a nice solution
What about a team with,4,5,6,8 players, and only 3 play all the games? i think 3 is a ncie number to allow the country to join. less than 3, this combination would be requested

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2012, 07:08 PM »
there arent 4 icelandishs :(