Forums
April 27, 2024, 07:36 AM

Poll

???

Collect a new list of proposed schemes and conduct a two-stage vote, as it was before.
Conduct a vote among the schemes that have passed the second rounds of voting of all past seasons
Start the season according to the DRIVER scheme
Start the season according to the TELEPORTING scheme

Author Topic: ESL Season 3? Need your opinion  (Read 695 times)

Offline SIBASA

ESL Season 3? Need your opinion
« on: July 30, 2023, 08:40 AM »
Hello, the ESL team wants to know your opinion and asks you to vote for your favorite option.
We want to have a third season and we have several options on how to choose a scheme:

Collect a new list of proposed schemes and conduct a two-stage vote, as it was before. (open the spoiler to read the details)
Spoiler! View
Do everything as before and first collect a list of schemes you proposed, then conduct the first and second round of voting, as it was in the first season (1, 2, 3) and the second season (1, 2, 3)
(option 1 in the poll)

Conduct a vote among the schemes that have passed the second rounds of voting of all past seasons  (open the spoiler to read the details)
Spoiler! View
Statistics on the results of voting in the 1st season
  • Alt-F4 - 17
    Fly Shopper - 8
    Teleporting - 7
    One of Everything - 6
    Kaos shopper (supermarket) - 5
    Supersheeper - 5
    Driver - 4
    Goku Battle Arena (GBA) - 4
    Surf Shopper - 1

Statistics on the results of voting in the 2st season
  • One Of Everything - 9
    Driver - 6
    Teleporting - 4
    K2S - 4
    Freemediate - 3
    Quickdraw - 1

ALT-F4 and OoE are excluded, since they have already been played.
Fly and Surf shoppers are excluded for obvious reasons.
We exclude the supersheeper, as he was recently included in the TUS Free League.

After all the exclusions, we still have schemes on the list that have passed to the second round of voting in all past seasons, namely:
Kaos shopper, GBA, K2S, Freemediate, Quickdraw, Teleporting and Driver
We can vote among these schemes (option 2 in the poll)

Start the season according to the DRIVER scheme or Start the season according to the TELEPORTING scheme  (open the spoiler to read the details)
Spoiler! View
Thus, we are left with only two schemes that made it to the second rounds in both seasons and gained votes, namely:
  • Teleporting or Teleport Shopper - 7+4
    Driver - 6+4
If you like one of these schemes, then vote for it.

If you do not know what ESL is, then you can read the information on the worms2d or TUS forum or our Discord

Offline Lupastic

Re: ESL Season 3? Need your opinion
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 03:42 PM »
Why try this ESL thing again, seriously? When others were talking about reviving WO too. Let's just host cups on TUS, this ESL thing didn't quite work out on a separate site. Duo Race (Driver scheme) is a good material for a possible cup

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2023, 04:06 PM »
Why try this ESL thing again, seriously? When others were talking about reviving WO too. Let's just host cups on TUS, this ESL thing didn't quite work out on a separate site. Duo Race (Driver scheme) is a good material for a possible cup

Well, I think it still worths trying. The idea made history already, in my point of view. If leagues is not the best format for new schemes, if cups are better or tournaments as it is in WO (that is still inactive), I don't know. But a league focused on experimental schemes is something that in all 20+ years nobody created, so it's a nice iniciative. The polls about the schemes generated data about how community deal with the schemes. I had fun with Alt-f4 and with OoE. You cannot say the league doesn't work based only on two seasons. The activity of the game itself is not as high as used to be, maybe in the past this league would be much more powerful. If you don't like the league, you don't need to play
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 11:47 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 12:06 AM »

By the way, I don't know why you are commenting this publicly. If you are a guy that enjoys playing different schemes you should like the idea and not attack it.
What is the problem? The league will make people busy playing ESL instead of your cups? I don't understand.

I don't know you, but the efforts SIBASA made to create this cup and the permission that Zemke made to use the website and system he developed are very nice for me.

This image is just an example. I really appreciate it and could nail it on my apartment's wall:

If the league had a break, maybe it's because SIBASA was busy with real life stuff and a war that unfortunately is happening and his country is involved. So, thankfully now the league can be continued.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2023, 07:52 AM »
try your luck creatin it bro, all I can say is there was like a total of 6 guys playing actively esl.. overall there was 8-10 players (including me) as max number, but we went inactive. now others are tryin to revive WO and then there would be this too. you know we are doing the same with WA related discord servers right? why have 20 different worms servers to chat, schedule games, while most of us active players could unite in a single one? there is kaleu server, komito server, kraddye server, sensei server, kaos server, NNN server, even f@#!ing crespo tournament server and dozens of others but why the f@#!..
you said the activity of WA is not as it used to be, well I don't agree with this at all, the activity is dropping because even what is left of us is divided ;) but you are right Foxhound, let's just move and give activity to 1 more abandoned site for a separate league for 10 players, because TUS cups are thriving, yes, this will surely get more players to join the WA community :D my god..

Sibasa asked others to give their opinions, this was mine

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 05:54 PM »
Thank you for your opinion, Lupastic. We will definitely listen to him.
There is truth in your words, the ESL league has less activity compared to others, but this is logical, because this is an Experimental League, it is imperfect and constantly changing, there is no certain stability that the vast majority of players would prefer, but I think this and the charm of ESL - we are trying to bring something new and have chosen a different path for this, and as a rule, there are many obstacles and a flurry of criticism along this path, but I am immensely grateful to the small number of people who take part and do not let this die die ideas at the start. It's priceless.

I was away long enough and the activity dropped even more, so maybe the third season will be even less active than the second, but I still intend to do it, because I have further ideas and plans for development, and this requires at least three schemes who were involved in the ESL seasons.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2023, 06:41 PM »
i would play quickdraw in ESL, seems like a good scheme

GL with upcoming season

Offline Korydex

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2023, 04:45 PM »
teleporting league ne1 ???