Forums
April 27, 2024, 04:25 AM

Author Topic: Your pick/my pick  (Read 11964 times)

Your pick/my pick
« on: November 10, 2011, 11:06 PM »
A couple of complaints have made it to our complaints forum, so there are a couple of things that need to be cleared up:

Summary:
  • Both players/clans need to agree on the map
  • If you light up, you agree on the map
  • Using auto-light up is strictly forbidden

Unsummarized:
If 2 games are played, each player (or clan) gets to pick the scheme.
The map is something that has to be agreed on by both players/clans. If you host your pick and your opponent doesn't want to play on the first map you pick, you have to change the map. Try to agree on a map with your opponent if he/she/they disagree with your first pick.
If you (the host) don't change the map when your opponent(s) says he/she/they don't want to play on that map, then your pick will not happen.

If you're not the host, clearly, you don't have to agree with the map. We don't want an unending fight about the map though: suggest your own map to move things along. If you are being unreasonable with your own map request, then the host is entitled to a free win because you'd basically be refusing to play his pick. Make an effort to agree on a map. If you light up, then that means you agree on the settings (scheme and map). If the host refuses to change map after you request another map, remind him of this rule. If he still refuses to change the map, then there's nothing more you can do. You can quit the game. If the host reports a free win, just make a thread on the complaint forum and attach the chatlog from the game lobby (in your User/Logs folder).

Auto-light up is strictly forbidden. If you use it, a couple of things are going to happen: if you lose the game, you lose the game. If use auto-light up and you win the game, the game will be voided. We'll be looking at logs for proof, so be clear in the game lobby and in the game chat at the start of the game.
Furthermore, using auto-light will earn you a warning at the first offense and a temporary ban at the second use. If the first ban doesn't teach you anything and you still use it, then you'll get a longer ban.

Offline Husk

Re: Your pick/my pick
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:16 PM »
so if someone uses auto-light up, are we allowed to mention about him/her using it and surr or do we have to play the game that started alrdy?

Offline Peja

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 11:16 PM »
seriously wtf is this? you allow people to blockade maps without any reason? and all because some dumbasses used strange maps to play? can u pls explain whats the reason for this? if its to avoid maps like played from pizzasheet vs ray then its very poor try.  imo its a huge intervention to the freedom of the hoster. the goal should be to break the opponets  pick knowing they obviously try to gain profit from their pick.

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 11:21 PM »
This rule existed before Peja, that both parties have to agree on the map.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 11:23 PM »
Husk: yes, please mention it. You're allowed to quit without fear of getting a loss reported (since you never agreed on the map) but we'll have to know that auto-light up happened - and we look at logs for proof.
But honestly, it's better to play, since if you win the game, it's a win, if it's a loss, complain about the game and it's void (if the logs provide the information we need, of course :))

Peja - There are hundreds of maps, thousands for some (probably most) schemes. Are you seriously saying that if you're playing your pick and your opponent refuses 1 or 2 of the maps you pick that's the ultimate breakdown of your freedom? That's only true if you only have 2 maps. I'm certain you have more than that.
If you're playing me (I don't play TUS singles, but just for the sake of argument :)) and I'm blatantly refusing to play any map you suggest, then that means I'm refusing to play your pick. And the game lobby logs will show that.

Also, what Ray said. We just decided to make an official announcement about this, since a couple of complaints were popping up :)

Offline Peja

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 11:34 PM »

Peja - There are hundreds of maps, thousands for some (probably most) schemes. Are you seriously saying that if you're playing your pick and your opponent refuses 1 or 2 of the maps you pick that's the ultimate breakdown of your freedom? That's only true if you only have 2 maps. I'm certain you have more than that.
If you're playing me (I don't play TUS singles, but just for the sake of argument :)) and I'm blatantly refusing to play any map you suggest, then that means I'm refusing to play your pick. And the game lobby logs will show that.

Also, what Ray said. We just decided to make an official announcement about this, since a couple of complaints were popping up :)

somehow i cant find this rule on the league rules, anyway cant find your quote now d1, but you posted something like: as there are no technical problems with the map, we make no limatations. so why is someone allowed to refuse playin on a map?

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 03:16 AM »
hm
seriously wtf is this? you allow people to blockade maps without any reason? and all because some dumbasses used strange maps to play? can u pls explain whats the reason for this? if its to avoid maps like played from pizzasheet vs ray then its very poor try.  imo its a huge intervention to the freedom of the hoster. the goal should be to break the opponets  pick knowing they obviously try to gain profit from their pick.

Its meant to avoid such as LL and savage, who used to use a specified map everytime they play a specified scheme.

This rule existed before Peja, that both parties have to agree on the map.

Indeed a good rule

somehow i cant find this rule on the league rules, anyway cant find your quote now d1, but you posted something like: as there are no technical problems with the map, we make no limatations. so why is someone allowed to refuse playin on a map?

He meant this

A topic was made regarding map choices (because a couple of complaints were made).
As long as there are no technical problems with the map (crates spawning in unreachable spots, stuff like that), we don't give any restrictions on the map being played on.
It's your own responsibility to play on a good map!

But

A couple of complaints have made it to our complaints forum, so there are a couple of things that need to be cleared up:

Summary:
  • Both players/clans need to agree on the map

The map is something that has to be agreed on by both players/clans. If you (the host) don't change the map when your opponent(s) says he/she/they don't want to play on that map, then your pick will not happen.
...suggest your own map to move things along. If you are being unreasonable with your own map request, then the host is entitled to a free win because you'd basically be refusing to play his pick. Make an effort to agree on a map. If you light up, then that means you agree on the settings (scheme and map). If the host refuses to change map after you request another map, remind him of this rule. If he still refuses to change the map, then there's nothing more you can do. You can quit the game.
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 05:36 AM »
Should Encourage everyone to use this feature to give oppenant a Good Preview of map.

4. Preview
    Left-clicking this button will toggle the map in the main view between draw mode and preview mode.
    In preview mode, the map will be shown with terrain texture, etc.
    In preview mode, you can click the "Reseed" button to change the arrangement of terrain objects (holding shift while pressing Reseed will backtrack).
    Right-clicking the preview button will change the map to a full-colour format that can be saved as a .PNG

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 10:27 AM »
this rule assumes good will

not sure how reasonable people will be when being the joining person/clan who has to vouch for the host map
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline barman

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 11:03 AM »
Should Encourage everyone to use this feature to give oppenant a Good Preview of map.

4. Preview
    Left-clicking this button will toggle the map in the main view between draw mode and preview mode.
    In preview mode, the map will be shown with terrain texture, etc.
    In preview mode, you can click the "Reseed" button to change the arrangement of terrain objects (holding shift while pressing Reseed will backtrack).
    Right-clicking the preview button will change the map to a full-colour format that can be saved as a .PNG
I was doing that for some time, but people were getting pissed because it takes much longer to download color maps :P
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline Prankster

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 11:48 AM »
Why is auto-lightup forbidden and why would my game be void if I won by using it? Isn't it my handicap if I don't check what settings were made?
Whoever uses it, it's his/her/their problem, since lightup means an agreement on the map and the settings.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 12:02 PM »
Auto-lightup is when the host force your light to get turned on even when you haven't clicked it. It's done using a script.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline avirex

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 12:46 PM »
Ooooo i was confused about auto light too.. never heard about that script.. i thought you meant /afk lol... also.. this is a good rule.. this will put a stop to the hosting booting a player wen asking for new map... then reporting the free win... plus 1 tus!

Offline nino

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 12:52 PM »
avi, ill build you a script to prevent being booted, it will be called eat me up rofl and put a fresh map ae
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline avirex

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 01:08 PM »
Can we call it c.u.n.t ? cuz thats wat i called komo after he booted me... now just need to figure wat it means.. maybe "cant undo noobs today"