Forums
April 26, 2024, 09:40 PM

Author Topic: Your pick/my pick  (Read 11963 times)

Offline DENnis

Re: Your pick/my pick
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 04:40 PM »
in fact this changes nothing since mapwhoring/lamemaps is still possible.

Well, if you choose to allow mapwhores to play on the same map on their hosts, then yes, it will change nothing. In most cases, choosing a map will not be any trouble. You're complaining and complaining about how this will cause troubles, and then you say nothing changes.
Make up your mind, dude! :)

:D :D Good1 Dark1 :D

-

Well, of course it is right to make the game more fair, ty for this topic! Of course both should agree with the map, otherwise there will be no fun. And no fun makes people quit from playing tus or wa.

Every hoster has several maps, and it is no problem to change it sometimes. There are some very clumsy maps which rlly shouldnt be played at tus.

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2011, 09:48 AM »
So basicaly if you host your pick 2nd, after playing their pick and they wont agree with any map you get free win.

But if you host 1st and they wont agree on map then no game.

Sooo getting your opponent to host 1st makes you have an advantage on map picking... ?

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline avirex

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 03:11 AM »
i think everyone is putting way too much thought into this...

its a rule to protect people against map whoring...

the host always has the right to pick the style map he wants....  for instance.....

barman likes his mario shoppers, if he picks one you can ask him to change map, he can put a different mario map....

or if guaton likes ninja camel rope race maps, he picks a map, if your not happy and want a change, he can either pick another ninja camel... or what i sometimes do, let the opponent pick what number ninja camel map...

as i said, you guys are putting too much thought into this rule, it does not mean the opponent gets total control of what map is going to be played as long as the host is being reasonable, and not a total prick, like.... whats that guys name? i forget his name... that muted guy...

Offline IrOn

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2011, 05:43 PM »
Auto-light applies only to games to tus?
Or at all Do not use?

Offline barman

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2011, 07:54 PM »
Auto-light applies only to games to tus?
Or at all Do not use?
Well, using auto light up in funners certainly will not get you banned on tus, but it's still quite lame imo
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline sm0k

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 01:26 PM »
ehm, this rule should be build a little more..

1. i pick wxw , put a w4w map in , my opponent is less skilled roper then me ..so he wont agree to any w4w map.. so i have to pick w2w?  same in roper maps btw   easy/hard ones
2. bng maps..  in host that map looks good.. u run game.. and see "no hides"  well  u accepted with ur light that game.. so u have to play it? .. i woudnt like it
3. this rule should be for ppl that use always same maps and not for all. at least if that map that ur oppontn chossed is bullshit

Offline avirex

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 01:30 PM »
your opponent can ask for a new map, he cant not ask for a specific map (such as w2w)

if he does not like the w4w you can change it to a different w4w... if he does not like that, maybe you can change to a different w4w, and if he does not like that, he is clearly being difficult, and you can tell him either light up, or leave it to the mods...

bng, you can ask the player to show the map prior to lighting, i think its like right clicking, then left clicking then accepting it turning to .png file or something (in map creater section) i dunno exactly how its done off hand, but i just know how to do it.. and im sure everyone else is familiar with it...

its a good rule, stop trying to find flaws when there really are not...

Offline sm0k

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2011, 01:34 PM »
im not crieng about this rule.
i just said this rule need to be more explained.

well if my opponent dont accept 4 w4w maps .. and its 2nd pick  (my pick) .. so i have to tell him to leave?

Offline avirex

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2011, 01:46 PM »
im no mod, but i guess they can correct me if im wrong:

if you change the map 2, 3 or even 4 times.. and he still will no cooperate, then you have the right to be nice, and continue to try to find something you both can agree on, or tell him something along the lines of "thats enough, i changed 4 times for you, you still are not happy, light up now, or ill make a complain and most likely win free win" and then add in a "you f@#!ing asshole" or "puto" when needed ;D

Offline sm0k

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2011, 01:49 PM »
haha :D  good1 :D

ye normaly it should go this way..  but it dont stand in darkones post ;) so it should be added to clear this ;)
well but ye avi.. i would handle it this way with "putcha light on asshole" :D

Offline Maciej

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2011, 02:42 PM »
that's stupid, your pick, your choose, we can discus if if it's 3rd or if opponents pick really weird map

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2011, 06:14 PM »
ye normaly it should go this way..  but it dont stand in darkones post ;)

Sure it does :) Just read it again.

edit: just to check whether an edit message will appear below edited posts if I edit it!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 06:32 PM by DarkOne »

Offline Guaton

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2011, 07:29 PM »
the only thing we gonna bring with this rule is more complains

anyway... im not using this ridiculous rule if its my pick (neither if its my opponent's pick)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:30 PM by Guaton »

Offline avirex

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 02:37 AM »
Its very simple to change a map if its requested... I will make note to always have maciej change map

Offline sm0k

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2011, 02:54 PM »
ye normaly it should go this way..  but it dont stand in darkones post ;)

Sure it does :) Just read it again.

ouw.. sry xd  i guess i miss that .. or u just add that :D