Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:47 AM

Author Topic: HAL is released  (Read 9256 times)

Offline Peja

Re: HAL is released
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 12:46 PM »
this whole hal league seems to be created  under the impression of sitting on the toilet while squirting  around.
sorry but i cant see any red line in this new league concepts. elite gets seperate stats on their own league but hysteria and aerial doesnt. lol i cant even play some players in HAL because i already played them in classic league. thats a damm handicap. yesterday i played tus with guuria and she picked hysteria. it was before hal was announced, now i have hal standings of 1 lose. the best thing, it wasnt even mentioned in the announcement how the league works.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 02:04 PM »
MI remove Hysteria from classic !!!!!!!

i pleyed allready 15 HAL games but all was Aerial's coz of not separate ratio for Hyst.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:07 PM by Berria »

Offline Husk

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 02:59 PM »
nooooo!!!!!!!11111 keep it like tel, so it doesn't affect other leagues (hyst classic, aerial free)

Offline Casso

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 04:13 PM »
I think this league shouldn't affect classic league but it should be such as TEL

Offline Ray

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 05:30 PM »
Note: the HAL hysteria games also count towards your tus classic rating, in case someone hasn't noticed.
So what the f@#! is the point of this league? Also, remove Hysteria from the Classic scheme-pool, this bloody bad scheme has got it's attention now.

TEL doesn't count for Classic Elite, so what the hell?!? ???

Oh, and by the way, once again, a league in which I participate against my will. I don't want any points to be shown for my HAL statistics, because I hate the scheme and I don't want people to even think that I participate in this horror.

This is the worstly-thought-out concept TUS ever released. Huge thumbs down.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 05:41 PM by Ray »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 08:50 PM »
I separated HAL from Classic like just like TEL.

However too many separate leagues will create confusions, we're thinking about some solutions.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 09:48 PM »
Note: the HAL hysteria games also count towards your tus classic rating, in case someone hasn't noticed.
So what the f@#! is the point of this league? Also, remove Hysteria from the Classic scheme-pool, this bloody bad scheme has got it's attention now.

TEL doesn't count for Classic Elite, so what the hell?!? ???

Oh, and by the way, once again, a league in which I participate against my will. I don't want any points to be shown for my HAL statistics, because I hate the scheme and I don't want people to even think that I participate in this horror.

This is the worstly-thought-out concept TUS ever released. Huge thumbs down.

Don't look here then ;)

Offline Lukz

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 09:49 PM »
confusions? i guess that u parallels leagues create more confusions xD chaining 1 scheme in different leagues xd

Offline HHC

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 10:04 PM »
You people need to make up your mind.

Go with the old TUS concept or go with the new one (each scheme its own league). Parallel leagues are part of the latter.

So far the only arguments against the new direction are:
A) i don't wanna wreck my old classic hyst rating (? cause you're afraid you might lose points??)
B) i don't wanna participate in this league against my will (I don't want to send a signal I support hyst???)

Personally, I think both arguments are whiny b.s.

As far as I know the only real argument against the each-scheme principle is players having to do playoffs they are not really interested in. Personally, I wouldn't mind playing playoff games, even if it's in schemes I'm not so good at or don't really enjoy. It's still a very special thing to be part of playoffs. Maybe not for Random & Mab, but for everyone else it definitely is.

You folks need to realize that everything is gonna change to the way it was before TUS 2.0 and that all the league suggestions that have been posted will go to waste. Personally I think that's a shame, as it really had some nice and interesting features the old leagues hadn't.

Think about it mates.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:06 PM by HHC »

Offline Ray

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 04:53 PM »
HHC, you are wrong.

I'm talking about having a league in which you participate, it unwillingly puts you on a different ladder. Why is that good?

What you were saying was the other end, having separate leagues for each which is just completely stupid.

TEL is nice, a league for Elite only. That doesn't affect Classic standings, now does it? So why does HAL? Just make that stupid Hysteria league and get rid of it from the Classic League once and for all, as it never belonged there. We are closer to achieve this than ever, don't ruin it for me us with your reasonable arguments please.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2012, 05:06 PM »
The point we're trying to make is that when you play an Elite game, you should come to TUS and report Elite! That's it. Things like TEL Elite and Classic Elite created confusions, specially for new comers. We could have many leagues and keep simplicity if all of them feed on one scheme.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Lukz

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 10:25 PM »
maybe everyone will be happy with an option in your profile like "i don't want to participe in X league", then u simply doesn't exist in that rankings and u oponent don't win points in that league (example, if he won u an elite classic and u aren't in TEL he does not take these points)

sorry my english sux, I hope you understand my idea, i think tha with that system the parallel leagues could operate without disgust to nobody

Offline franz

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 11:59 PM »
maybe everyone will be happy with an option in your profile like "i don't want to participe in X league", then u simply doesn't exist in that rankings and u oponent don't win points in that league (example, if he won u an elite classic and u aren't in TEL he does not take these points)

sorry my english sux, I hope you understand my idea, i think tha with that system the parallel leagues could operate without disgust to nobody

this might be the best solution, though likely requires more work for MIsland. it allows for games to count in multiple places by default, but leaves it up the player to turn off other league activity as it suits them.

edit: a similar functionality would be allowing tournament games to also count for all related leagues (but again players could disable this as it suits them)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:17 AM by franz »

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 04:18 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:40 PM by Bonhert »

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline Wojtes

• Poland Poland
  • Let's the go, little gays!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 05:51 PM »
* Wojtes needs to know ONE thing about HAL.... Can it be like, only Hysteria? You play Hyst, u win, report & go away... or does it have to be mine and my opponent's pick -> I pick Hysteria and then my opponents picks aerial/hysteria or he has to pick Hyst, OR ,  I pick Hyst, win, report and go away (like some1 did to me)  lol
Wojt3s