Forums
May 07, 2024, 09:31 AM

Author Topic: New plan for leagues started  (Read 8825 times)

Offline franz

Re: New plan for leagues started
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 07:50 PM »
it does the new sistem discount/count points from/to each player who player the clanner?

cos it says " each player won/lost X points"

:S

MonkeyIsland?

I have no idea what he might mean by those words..

maybe it's only for those personal stats in player profiles to tell how much they help the clan? like for my profile, it shows these stats -> "six (+80: 2-1)   (66.66% Winning Ratio)"

Offline Guaton

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 08:09 PM »
oh , ye , , i forgot about that stats

prolly is that

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 08:12 PM »
Clanners have nothing to do with single points. It says each player gained/lost points in the single games record. In clanners it just says gained/lost.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Guaton

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 08:17 PM »
just took that picture

after ur post ofc , and it says " each player "

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 08:26 PM »
ah you meant in game page. It means each player/team gained that. I'll fix it :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 09:48 AM »
Ummm... what the... XD

[attachment=1]

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 10:40 AM »
What's wrong with that?

Offline Ray

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 08:25 PM »
We are back to "winning x, losing y" pattern? :-X These points look very unreal for me. I haven't been able to find any short documentation on how this new system works.

Offline HHC

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2011, 08:34 PM »
Its been explained many times by Franz already (for which, thanks  8))

The system uses your own season ranking and your opponents overall ranking to calculate the ammount of points you achieve.
In this case both you and Benz have immense scores. You'll get a lot of points if you win and lose but a few if you lose. Same for Benz.

Offline HHC

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 11:12 PM »
Keepin an eye on Karlos' score.  ::)

With a record like that he shouldn't be near playoffs. Activity does seem to matter a lot here. Gonna see if he manages to keep this up now that he's beyond his old overall statistics. It looks skewed that's for sure.
I reckon there's a few players overtaking him as the season progresses, but still, the current ranking isn't justifiable. We need to review that for next season, see what the issue is and maybe fix it.  ???

Offline Ray

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 07:48 PM »
Well, I really did not bother to read through that whole thing - probably because I'm too lazy - but... well I analyzed a game, just out of curiosity, and against Phanton, I would get 65 points by playing WxW. 65 points for playing my best scheme.

Yea, sure, the overall points wouldn't be that much, but still, that is unfair advantage for me. :-X Correct me if I'm wrong, really, I'm just wondering.

Offline franz

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 08:28 PM »
hhc, karlos' score looks fine. it's important to also realize that #wins and #losses do not really matter as much as quality of opponents. still, should be interesting to see how the standings look when most people up there have 80+ games to quality for PO. if it still looks weird then, maybe something can get worked out, but let's be optimistic first.

ray, don't be lazy  ;p
you don't get an unfair advantage. true, wxw is your best, but wxw is also phanton's best. the scoring compares your 1000 season starter rating to his fairly high 1649 overall wxw rating. that's why you can potentially win 65 points. not because you're good at wxw, and the system is trying to find a way to give you some advantage ;p

Offline Ray

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 09:05 PM »
Okay, I understand that, but why is it trying to give me advantage? I don't deserve it, or do I? Theoratically, I should have disadvantage due to my fairly high ratings.

Offline Husk

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 09:11 PM »
still, it hopefully puts the right people in playoffs O:

Offline franz

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 09:12 PM »
maybe my 'comma' confused you, but my last sentence meant to go "not because you're good at wxw, and not because the system is trying to find a way to give you some advantage." it isn't ;p  it's meant to try giving you the appropriate amount of points due to skill level and where you are in the season.

so early in the season, which is where you are right now at zero games played.. -> you gain many points because your season rating is well below your true skill. so once you win a few games, you'll start winning less points per game. those 65 point wins won't be so easily given out.

makes sense I hope ;]