Forums
May 01, 2024, 02:06 PM

Author Topic: Showcase 3  (Read 10078 times)

Re: Showcase 3
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 08:41 PM »
We should merge this with the other thread ae?

But yeah amazing job as always, the zoom-ins really made some parts excellent, the attention was always where it needed to be. Some of the best moves were definitely D1's homing hop and lacoste's uzi. Astoundingly, almost everyone had at least one incredible move, I think this was quite the success.

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 08:41 PM »
my replays are in bad order too ;S I sent named files like "1st replay", "2nd replay" etc, thought it's enough ;/
for more some of my replays take longer, some shorter than I wanted
I named them like it:
1st replay 30.15.80-30.23.20 (7,4 sec)

so it wasn't enough??

I really tried to make the best of people's replays.

Maciej's Notes.

hi man, you are maker of showcase3, aren't you?
as you probably know I'm going to send few replays.
And I've got a question, so, if I got some long-distance shot, I mean bazook or grande is flying for really long time, can we cut it some way or just make it faster to save time? Can you help me with those replays and modify them?
And I got song but I need 31 sec... just look:

it's this song, I'd like add it from 0:36 from the words "sprawdz kto jest tu..." (I know you don't know polish, but you should catch it clearly) to 1:07 to "plastikowe brzmienie obrzydlo", nothing more, nothing less.
So my other question is if I can take 31 sec? No one will see that

------------

Although I received your replays named 1, 2, 3 etc,  I wasn't expecting changing the order to be a problem.

I generally would try and put the replays in order but I sometimes would swap them around if I can't get the music to match with the replays properly.  It's nice to see the shot start on the beat and transitions to be at the end of the bar or somewhen else logical.  From your notes I didn't think you would care if I moved them around to try and fit them in.

I also sped them up in places but seems like I got that wrong too.

I know you appreciate I spent time on the movie so that isn't in question, but your notes again do not help me make your showcase exactly how you wanted.  If you had a vision for your showcase then the notes should have been more clear.

Other people really spent time choreographing their showcases and I'm hoping their time was well spent and their showcases came out as required.

It's never going to be perfect though :P

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 08:42 PM »
Denis one was pretty nice too :)

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 08:43 PM »
lacoste pointed out, in my section, my grenade, in the replay I sent in, my called teleport actually goes through the gap

I said it didnt go through the gap, coz you mentioned about calling shots before.

Glad I wasn't going mad then.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 09:20 PM »
@ Cueshark...

...and the respond was:
"Just about the time thing Smiley Not sure how close you want to have the 30 seconds limit. Fastforwarding through the replays seems unfair to me, so I'd say no to that one."
so I thought I will name every replay precisely and set time when the replays should go, that's why I sent them so late, I was thinking about the times and count them, and order of replays (I remember I sent message to Darkone that everything is ready to send, but I have to put the right order yet...)
and now I see you made fling nades faster...

well, my problem was I kept writing to Darkone instead of you, the maker... ;S

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 09:45 PM »
The problem was you kept writing ::) 18 PMs, nobody came even close to that! Not even Husk and he kept changing his Showcase submission in his unstoppable enthousiasm :) (a very admirable reason for changing the showcase though, I might add)

I named the replays with their order, for example: "Maciej - replay 1 - grenade - 30'14''84 - 30'25''80.WAgame".
In any case, I think it was mentioned that people requesting things for their showcase was no guarantee it would be put in the movie in that manner, though of course Cue did his best and it turned out fantastic :)

Cueshark gave you a reason why the order was changed.
The fastforwarding has changed nothing to the amount of actual playtime used. Check the sections where fastforwarding was used. The actual game time in those was 30 seconds, no more.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 09:56 PM »
ok, cool, I have nothing against and don't really care as long as it's nice video :P
I'm proud I can be part of it!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 10:04 PM »
Cueshark you are right sorry my bad, when I watch in slow motion I realize my teleport actually goes through the land top part of the gap not above or under it, I musta been drunk or summin sorry...

Offline Anubis

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 11:06 PM »
Nice vid. :)

Sorry I need this off-topic.

Mab you shouldn't use ae too often or it will lose it's magic when using it. I saw you using it some time ago!
It must come out of the blue when you don't expect it (I didn't so good job), it's a very special thing. Not saying it was unpleasant to read your ae, it was pretty well placed. :)

The king knows what I mean he is the master, ae!

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011, 08:05 AM »
@ Cueshark...

...and the respond was:
"Just about the time thing.  Not sure how close you want to have the 30 seconds limit. Fastforwarding through the replays seems unfair to me, so I'd say no to that one."

Yah, thought i'd scrap all those restrictions this time around :D

Offline OrangE

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 09:20 AM »
this showcase is incredible, very nice job!

Offline wza

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2011, 09:10 AM »
What song is Random00?(Can't make out the credits) I like. Is the banana bow at 6:32 real?! 13:10 How the f@#!? Awesome video! Few favorites csogni, crash, mablak, cueshark, nail, daRKone, dub-c. Your production has gotten progressively better with each one Cueshark, keep it up, I have really enjoyed watching all 3 of these!

Offline Csongi

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2011, 09:27 AM »
What song is Random00?(Can't make out the credits) I like. Is the banana bow at 6:32 real?! 13:10 How the f@#!? Awesome video! Few favorites Csongi*, crash, mablak, cueshark, nail, daRKone, dub-c. Your production has gotten progressively better with each one Cueshark, keep it up, I have really enjoyed watching all 3 of these!

thx :)
the song is from Max Raabe & Palast Orchester,couldn't really figure out the title

EDIT: Max Raabe & Palast Orchester-Am Amazonas xD
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:31 AM by Csongi »
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline avirex

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2011, 11:57 AM »
there is some kinda of extra/update now to worms, that allows many different features to the game... such as using mulitple weapons without ending your turn. sticking to your rope, and haning, even when turn ends... not being able to sink in the water.. u will just be teleported back to your last location and continue your turn haha.. a super bouncey worm... when u fly from a rope and hit the floor you would bounce like a banana bomb would lol... and many other crazy feature... i dont use them much, and most others dont either... but some people do, and invented different schemes that go with the features...

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2011, 12:55 PM »
lol avi, there is a very large number of rubber users!

This point isnt at you btw,

I hear alot of people talking badly about rubber... without even trying it. I also remember showing oldschoolers some crazy rubber schemes and them not say anything at all, kinda frustrating. Some people say "I dont need all that rubber crap", or "rubber schemes are noob" etc... Peoples ignorance is frustrating, they dont even understand what rubber is about! They have vague misconceptions like "oh that thing that makes worms bouncey", lol.

Rubberworm is best described as an advanced scheme editor. With Rubberworm you have far greater control over scheme settings and access to new and exciting features. For example you can set it so shooting a weapon wont end your turn, damage wont end you turn, 100 crates fall on the map each turn, etc. You can also change the physics mechanics and speed of the game. With this tool you can play some really exciting new schemes with very varied styles of gameplay.

Its very easy to do, simply type /help in the pre game chat and you get a list of commands that you enter to change settings.
You can then extract the scheme from a replay and the settings will be saved automatically when you select the scheme.

So people who say "I dont like Rubberworm" are actually saying "I dont like different schemes", because Rubberworm is not just one thing, its many things, its whatever you choose it to be. There is still so much more potential for rubber and rubber schemes, I was getting bored of WA and thought about stopping... then I found Rubberworm! This is a new era of worming and I am very grateful for such intense gameplay, really, its all about that beautiful gameplay.

btw 

www.worms2d.info/wormkit
www.worms2d.info/rubberworm
worm and learn