Forums
May 03, 2024, 09:12 AM

Author Topic: W:A v3.7.0.0 Released  (Read 18484 times)

Offline StepS

Re: W:A v3.7.0.0 Released
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2013, 04:40 PM »
how about making it so if wa notices any exterior program, it wont allow u to join wormnet? or only allow an exterior program with ur certification... so if u try join wormnet with the other programs, they don't have certification, and then u can't join wormnet

if that's what chakkman just wrote, then I am sorry xD
transcription:

• Making it so WA would have 40% more stupid bugs than it has now
  • Making hackers even more happy to get around any so-called "security" in no time ---> killed the main point of the plan
  • Losing all the good stuff

So, mostly, yes.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 04:45 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Husk

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2013, 04:44 PM »
true... I didn't think this through

Offline StepS

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2013, 04:57 PM »
Also it would be good to clean all these posts up. Not worth starting a new flame war in which there is no point (for reasons explaned million times already)
in the W:A update thread.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline chakkman

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2013, 05:20 PM »
Well, then the precautions to prevent w:a from being modified are not enough. You can't tell me that there is no way to detect mismatches when w:a gets modified. What you are saying is that anyone could do anything with any game and there is no way to detect it, which is certainly untrue.

Offline StepS

« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2013, 05:31 PM »
detect
I thought we were talking about "prevent" (and you didn't say anything about "detect" in your original post, so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove). You can detect, but what will this give to you?  :D
An answer to Husk's post is a perfect example of what would happen (turn off the detection )

you should read up on how the computer software works. There's nothing special in what I'm currently explaining

which is certainly untrue.
your post is certainly untrue: Success
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 05:48 PM by StepS »
[...]

Offline chakkman

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2013, 06:43 PM »
your post is certainly untrue: Success

Dude, get back to me when you're able to discuss and explain things in a normal way, your attitude just sucks. :) You're talking about you don't want this thread to be polluted by flaming, and you are doing everything to pollute it.

Offline avirex

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2013, 07:04 PM »
steps is saying anyone can do it, as if its as simple as brushing your teeth... 

but i cant think of anyone that can do it... maybe thats why its been untouched "for almost a century already"

Offline StepS

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2013, 10:56 AM »
steps is saying anyone can do it, as if its as simple as brushing your teeth... 
oh yes man, i meant any average programmer, sorry for misleading

and you are doing everything to pollute it.
while you keep posting, i also will both our last posts adjust to it. don't forget it's all because of you ;)

i explained all the things in normal way to you. it's no big deal to turn off anything you put in to "detect" whatever. want me to repeat again? :)

Ok:
making crutches in attempts to protect the software from unwanted modifications makes the program even more fragile, disrupts the reputation, brings many awful problems and bugs, prevents the good additions, and the end is always well known (see game console, smartphones hacking/jailbreaking). there is never an "ultimate" and unhackable way.

^ in fact the above paragraph fully concludes that what you're proposing is not possible. yet again.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:57 PM by StepS »
[...]

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2013, 03:10 PM »
Sir-J, what is your CPU and video card?

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2013, 03:23 PM »
You should have no problems with that system.

Here is the recommended configuration (first, reset all options to their defaults):
Graphics: Direct 3D 9 (shader)
Wait for vertical sync: Enabled
Assisted vertical sync: Enabled

Most players have reported a decrease in response time with the above settings. This is also what assisted vertical sync was designed to achieve.

The configuration closest to previous versions is DirectDraw (8-bit) with vertical sync enabled.

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2013, 03:36 PM »
Practically all "lags" are not caused by W:A, but incompatibilities between W:A and your system. W:A runs fine on many modern systems on any settings.

This is why W:A has so many settings, as various configurations interact with different systems in different ways. Therefore, it is important to use the correct configuration for your system. That's why I posted the recommended configuration and the one closest to previous versions.

It wouldn't hurt if you described the "lags" you're seeing in more detail. The word "lag" can mean many different things (low FPS, variable FPS, stuttering / temporary freezes, high input latency).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:38 PM by CyberShadow »

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2013, 04:29 PM »
It's strange that Fraps isn't working for you. It might be a clue as to why W:A is lagging on your computer.

« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2013, 12:55 PM »
I have the same issue as sir-j
actually its unplayable, I will never install new update till it get fixed, maybe for you its the same, but after many years of playing you get used to everything and every single change will transform your skill to zero.
If you didnt get yet me or sir-j played with vsync off for years, it was possible by setting it up on nvidia drivers, and turning vsync on now makes no sense, every your " recommended configuration " with vsync enabled is automatically becomes not recommended configuration for us
Why there is buggy renders implented btw? When you turn them you cant run W:A anymore rofl and to back up setting you have to reinstall whole game or edit settings outside W:A
this reminds me pirate version of windows, where you can choose all possible resolutions, and when you choose the one your monitor not support you cant see anything and have to reinstall windows or edit settings on save mode on
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 12:58 PM by Impossible »

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2013, 01:00 PM »
actually its unplayable, I will never install new update till it get fixed, maybe for you its the same, but after many years of playing you get used to everything and every single change will transform your skill to zero.
If you didnt get yet me or sir-j played with vsync off for years, it was possible by setting it up on nvidia drivers, and turning vsync on now makes no sense, every your " recommended configuration " with vsync enabled is automatically becomes not recommended configuration for us
I am very sorry for you, but this is how things are. We will never advance to new achievements, such as true color support, unless we adopt new technology, and leave the decade-old one behind. We can't hold back things that improve the game for 99% of users and make them worse for 1% of them.
Why there is buggy renders implented btw? When you turn them you cant run W:A anymore rofl and to back up setting you have to reinstall whole game or edit settings outside W:A
Are you talking about the problem with Direct3D 9 and multiple monitors under Windows 7? I believe that one to be caused by a bug in Windows or Direct X. If you're talking about a different problem, it is not one I am aware of.

Edit: By the way, from your posts, I reckon that we can't even improve things (such as response time, AKA input lag) without throwing off your skills. As backwards as it sounds, maybe we should add an option to delay processing input by a frame or two? You will obviously be at a disadvantage compared to someone who is used to the optimal settings, but then the controls may feel closer to the previous versions.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:06 PM by CyberShadow »

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2013, 01:10 PM »
it was possible by setting it up on nvidia drivers
This is new information to me. Why haven't you mentioned this before!? Of course you won't get the same result if you enable Vsync in the latest version!

Have you tried enabling Vsync in game, but forcing it to "disabled" in nVidia's control panel?