Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:39 AM

Author Topic: Worms Armageddon v3.8 Released  (Read 79647 times)

Offline Ledan

Re: Worms Armageddon v3.8 Released
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2020, 03:32 PM »
In a very tall map, any Mole Squadron mole that did at least 36.02 seconds (but less than 51 seconds) of digging, followed by reaching the ocean, would suddenly spring upwards away from the water at high speed.

Still the funniest OOC patch note I ever saw. Anyone got footage?

Online Sensei

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2020, 03:54 PM »
ctrl+escape will get you minimized totally, without game sounds. When it's your turn taskbar icon will start glowing.
alt+tab will let you do whatever you wanna do outside of the game, while being able to hear sounds.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2020, 03:54 PM »
"Auto-place worms by ally (checkbox) – When worm placement is automatic, group worms by team colour. May make automatic placement feasible even in Fort-style maps. Default off."

How exactly does this work?

Offline readyworm

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2020, 04:47 PM »
Yeah tried the reg key tweak, still no audio when minimised
The option does not affect minimization, only leaving the windowed game in background but not minimizing it.

Just realised it's the background (CD file) music track that stops playing when the window loses focus.  The other sound FX can still be heard.  When focus is resumed, the background music resumes.  I'm mounting the genuine CD image to play - blackpill no longer works sadly.

Offline readyworm

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2020, 04:57 PM »
ctrl+escape will get you minimized totally, without game sounds. When it's your turn taskbar icon will start glowing.
alt+tab will let you do whatever you wanna do outside of the game, while being able to hear sounds.

Alt-Tabbing out of full-screen (back to Windows) loses all sound for me. The blinking taskbar icon worked when it was my turn. Could switch back and fourth a couple of times in an online game then the 3rd time or so it just showed a black screen, no sound. Had to kill wa.exe. 

In windowed mode, losing focuses drops the background music (from mounted CD image files) but can hear the other sfx. Odd one. 

I've got WormNAT2, RemapKeys 1.2.1 and the new Super Front End HD wormkit modules running.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 05:09 PM by readyworm »

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2020, 06:26 PM »
i had immediate desynch when using 3.8 while other ppl using lower versions, playing online, while 3.8 game version working fine, alone. did i miss to use some stuff? or is it under construction?
Was this a RubberWorm game? If so, that's not expected to work - there is no network compatibility between the RW features built into 3.8 and the old WormKit module.

If it wasn't a RubberWorm game, please post your replay file. It would also help a lot if you could get the other parties' (who desynchronized) replay files and post them as well.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2020, 06:45 PM »
There is something weird I should point out. When e.g I play standard roper, and when game is over I just go back to host and choose roper again with edited rope settings. When that game is over, I go back to host (without going through AG), and load normal roper, but previous rope speed and other settings are still intact.

Is this normal? Or maybe I am just imagining things.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline generic goose

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2020, 06:46 PM »
its finally here!
God bless you

Offline StepS

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2020, 07:02 PM »
In windowed mode, losing focuses drops the background music (from mounted CD image files) but can hear the other sfx. Odd one.
This is by design, however I think it would make sense to have multiple levels of "Play Audio in background" in future updates. So you could make it include music streams and work even when minimized. With the default being the current option's ON state.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Deadcode

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2020, 07:18 PM »
[DC] Most in-game motion and animations are now rendered at the hardware refresh rate, rather than being locked to 50 Hz as before. The game engine still runs at 50 Hz, so "tweening" is used to accomplish this. As a result, most in-game motion that used to appear somewhat jerky will now look quite smooth. (Note, tweening of animations is still limited by the number of pre-rendered frames in Gfx.dir. The difference is that now, the available frames are used as effectively as possible.)

I think I asked this once before - can this be disabled? If not, will it be possible to have such an option in the future? I ask because people may prefer the old, technically inferior look because they're used to it.
Currently tweening is a conditional-compile option, so all I have to do is change it to a runtime condition. I have gotten other requests for that, so will probably do it.

In a very tall map, any Mole Squadron mole that did at least 36.02 seconds (but less than 51 seconds) of digging, followed by reaching the ocean, would suddenly spring upwards away from the water at high speed.

Still the funniest OOC patch note I ever saw. Anyone got footage?
Yep :-) 2014-08-05 20.39.00 [Mole Trampoline glitch] 0xDEADC0DE.WAgame

i had immediate desynch when using 3.8 while other ppl using lower versions, playing online, while 3.8 game version working fine, alone. did i miss to use some stuff? or is it under construction?
Were they using RubberWorm? RubberWorm 3.7.2.1 and 3.8 are not interoperable online, though you can view RubberWorm replays. If you weren't trying to use RubberWorm, please upload the recorded games from as many people as you can find in the match, for debugging. Thanks!
This was my thought as well, Hurz. Please do upload the replay file (I'll only need to see yours to know if the above hypothesis is the cause. If it isn't, then I might need others'.)

Offline readyworm

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2020, 07:37 PM »
This is by design, however I think it would make sense to have multiple levels of "Play Audio in background" in future updates. So you could make it include music streams and work even when minimized. With the default being the current option's ON state.

Ahh that clears that up. In 3.7.2.1 all audio could be heard when minimised from full screen or if windowed and no focus.  Yeah it would be good to be able to control the bg music volume independently too.  Cheers for the reply!

Offline SolidSunny954

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2020, 08:42 PM »
The update is unnecessary since the last time I played it. Can they just put the update to make worms world party compatible with worms Armageddon already? People are waiting for the update than this update.

Offline lolicon-guy

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2020, 08:58 PM »
The update is unnecessary since the last time I played it. Can they just put the update to make worms world party compatible with worms Armageddon already? People are waiting for the update than this update.

OMG, WWP Remastered was a mistake!!!
... Yeah, actually and thinking well, it shouldn't had been a thing at all