Forums
April 27, 2024, 12:35 AM

Author Topic: Not a community, but an Attitude  (Read 3575 times)

Not a community, but an Attitude
« on: November 10, 2012, 01:09 PM »
The topic name must look familiar to nlF members. But since nlF has nothing to do with league games, I've never thought about registering it as a community.

I'm sure all of you heard about "fair play" in sports before. But since I started to play TUS games, I faced many situations of unsporting behavior and disrespectful behavior of some players.

Today I decided to collect all "fair play" rules in the one place - fp community. It's just my personal vision of WA "fair play", you can help me to improve these rules or you can just laugh and close this thread.

Please, read this page for more info: https://www.tus-wa.com/groups/fp/

I have many ideas regarding this community, but only you can help it to grow. If no one will be interested, I won't delete this tag anyway, because first of all, I made it for myself.

With best wishes.

Inspiring topics:
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/announcements/tus-current-state-and-your-help-17836/
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/leagues-complaints/http-www-tus-wa-com-leagues-game-128254-17870/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 01:54 PM by Statik »

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Peja

Re: Not a community, but an Attitude
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 01:25 PM »
lol i dont think it has anything to do with fair play if you put people in seperate standings related to your vision of an perfect behavior. sbaffo for example gets muted on a daily basis for insulting, but in my eyes he is one of the most friendly people i have met on wormnet. you could find many other examples. basicly i like the idea of this community but pls stop to pigeonhole people.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 01:27 PM »
Hi Sir-J Statik  :P

I am a addicted for Fair Play behavior. Even sometimes I complaints a lot about somethings what i really dislike, I always try to play following a commum sense. So, if You want my help ae, just invite me. Thx.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 01:40 PM »
Peja, I'm not trying to classify people. If I'll start to explain my point in details, it will take too long time hehe.

Well, since you know about nlF, you proably think it's just a bunch of "cool" ropers. But the initial idea was to find like-minded people, who enjoy warming and like to do unsual moves on rope (tricks). So when you see somebody with nlF tag, you can ask him to play warma with you and get fun.

Here is the same idea. I just want to find people with similar vision and agree to always treat each other well.

The group of people with bad sportmanship is not the kindest idea, but we need some bad examples, at least for start... once again, I didn't want to hurt anyone.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 01:56 PM »
TUS needs a reference to understand some aspects of the game like fair play and other stuff. Maybe fp can help sure.

About Sbaffo... Sbaffo is a troller but He is nice and friendly (at least he was with me).

There is a limit between "be a troller" and "be a stupid".

I guess even You, Peja, when You are only "Peja" and not "FoS`Peja, You are troller but cool.

Offline darKz

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 02:14 PM »
or you can just laugh and close this thread

Hahahah, closed.

Jk, I like where you wanna go with this thread. :)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Husk

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 02:18 PM »
happy birthday fp

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 02:22 PM »

About Sbaffo... Sbaffo is a troller but He is nice and friendly (at least he was with me).

Wtf why you talk about me lol

Offline Maciej

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 02:25 PM »
fp - fap fap xD

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 05:22 PM »
one of admins insulting ffie by every moment, leader of the greatest competition I ever had a chance to play, WormOlympics. Just because this "fairplay fan" keep cheaters on his clan. Another admin insulting me and trying to get me angry every time for what I hate him. Thats rather facepalm community than fairplay lmao

edit
And yeah. why you put on "Warned" list players like Avi or me? just cuz of trolling? What trolling do with sportmanship? Avirex never avoiding, or trying to get something not fair or maybe just cuz of points. He dont deserve to be "warned" just because you dont like him and dont understand so simple jokes.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 05:27 PM by Impossible »

Offline Crazy

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 06:05 PM »
I like your initiative about spreading the awareness of fair play to the league Statik, but I don't know if putting people in boxes such as "coward" is a really good thing. It sends out the complete opposite message of what you're trying to achieve. Even worse is profiling Professor as one of the frontmen of sportsmanship (since you put him as admin). Even how much he'd like to be a fair player, his credibility in the community is weak and it gives less credibility to FP.

In Norway the two captains of each team in our Premier League in Football have to shake hands in respect after each game. This is to promote fair play and I think you're in the same point of view with this community/attitude. I really like this idea, but I think you have to make some changes though
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 06:09 PM by Crazy »

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 06:08 PM »
Change "get fun" into "have fun", it sounds bizzare.

@impo, I like how self-contradictory it is.

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 07:43 PM »
All ideas are welcome, I know most of you have 2 communities and can't join, but everyone can be an "unofficial member", and maybe MI will agree to create a forum for us (there won't be private topics).

I'm not gonna create "fair play" rules by myself, all I can do now is to say what is my vision of it atm, because we need a start point... When all will agree on "rules" and will always follow them, ... actually I dunno what will happen :D I hope for good.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 08:34 PM »
Crazy, Statik did me as administrator because We talked and i showed for him my ideas about the community, such ideas He also has about fair play.

Obviouslly my English is not so good (still waiting Lalo's English Classes xD) and I have conceptions different of yours. I am a very strong man and when i talk about something, I do with persuasion and confidence. If You cant respect it, it is not my fault, mate.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 08:57 PM »
Professor will be good for this community, as much as I like to poke fun at him, hes a good sport and ive always enjoyed playing with him.  I like the ideas behind this community, but i dont think id be a good candidate, i like insult jousting too much :)