Forums
May 02, 2024, 09:28 PM

Author Topic: Classic league is not classic!  (Read 6310 times)

Offline Ray

Re: Classic league is not classic!
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 10:16 PM »
Wait, so you are saying if anyone thought of the scheme 3 years before, it would have all the rights to be in the Classic League simply because the League is called Classic and the word classic in most cases involves the assumption that the matter we are talking about is old?

Offline JayX

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 11:22 PM »
Not old.. classic! :D

Hysteria is not a classic scheme in my opinion. Although I agree with most of the points you made earlier Ray.

But sure a Gameboy is classic, a Megadrive is classic!

a Xbox 360 is popular.. not classic

Offline Ray

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 11:35 PM »
Hysteria is in the Classic League. Note that the name has been given only because there was no better idea what to name that league... :D

But I do agree that it does stand out a bit, but due to it's popularity and the fact that each day, the game-play is being fined and tuned - not by modifying the scheme, but by some people coming up with new strategies - it does have a place between those other schemes. Sure, sometimes you might find it odd, especially if you are an older player, most of us are used to the old ways: you kill you win.

Hysteria is a little different, and I'm being very rough around the edges here, if you suicide, you win. ;D That could piss you off, sure... BUT! The scheme is still growing, there are endless possibilities, you could come up with a strategy which could beat anyone, simply because they haven't thought of it yet. And that's why it has a place in the Classic League. ;)

Offline JayX

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 01:08 PM »
Haha sure, I cant argue with the points you have made mate, back to my first post though

not a complaint and this is in no way asking for things to change, I simply like discussion :)

Its not worth changing the names of the leagues because of one persons thoughts on the subject. And I wouldn't expect that to happen or ask for it.

But my opinion remains the same, Hysteria is no more a classic scheme that Kaos, Boomrace, Big RR or any other number of schemes that have been around for ages (sometimes longer) and in the case of Kaos, at least at one point was far more popular than.. well any other scheme on WA!

Offline Ray

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 07:56 PM »
I understand it's not a complaint. And to be honest, I agree with you just as well as you agree with my points. :D Hysteria is not classic in the way the other schemes in the League. Absolutely true.

Offline JayX

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 12:40 AM »
And there we have it, our conclusion is complete.

The League shall be renamed The Classic except Hysteria which is popular but not exactly considered classic if you really break it down League.

I will be the first to admit that it's not exactly a catchy title

But ya can't stop change. Make it so TUS!

AG is gonna look great!

TCEHWIPBNECCIYRBIDL Anyone?

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 06:29 AM »
The League shall be renamed The Classic except Hysteria which is popular but not exactly considered classic if you really break it down League.
Classic response.   :D

Offline Ray

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 08:57 AM »
And there we have it, our conclusion is complete.

I will be the first to admit that it's not exactly a catchy title

But ya can't stop change. Make it so TUS!

AG is gonna look great!

TCEHWIPBNECCIYRBIDL Anyone?
This made me laugh like crazy. ;D

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 09:16 AM »

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline JayX

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011, 11:49 PM »
Wha choo talkin 'bout Stati?

Offline DumbBongChow

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 10:22 AM »
Um Jay. I think you are trying to help, but your complicating things that aren't necessarily important. Classic can mean many other ways after all.

I like making myself Feel(S) Good Man!

Our Community: (Our newest, updated schemes are at this site!)
http://wosc.tk/

DBC's Legendary Profile:
http://worms2d.info/User:DumbBongChow
http://worms2d.info/User_talk:DumbBongChow

Offline JayX

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 02:01 PM »
Haha, read the whole topic buddy.

I said many times I'm not looking to change / help or anything. Just simply making conversation and allowing people to discuss the matter.

These are discussion boards after all :)

Offline DumbBongChow

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 05:47 PM »
That seems even weirder that you started to post cause of that reason because it's such a trivial, boring topic, I guess I'll just step out.

I like making myself Feel(S) Good Man!

Our Community: (Our newest, updated schemes are at this site!)
http://wosc.tk/

DBC's Legendary Profile:
http://worms2d.info/User:DumbBongChow
http://worms2d.info/User_talk:DumbBongChow

Offline JayX

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2011, 11:24 AM »
Well the discussion was quite active so it cant have been that boring :)

Not every topic has to be so serious, that's the main problem that I have with TUS since coming here. People take it all so seriously, like winning TUS actually matters, it's just a bit of fun and a cool place for people to meet and get to know each other and play WA.

Who cares if it's a trivial topic mate, in case you hadn't noticed everything here is essentially trivial. Arguing over little pink digital worms is relevant? xD

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2011, 12:59 PM »
JayX I'm sure you know it already but I'd like to say it. If it was only pink digital worms for everyone, the game wouldn't get this far. All the "small" things you see that get spread around the world have actually been taken seriously by some no-life people. It's kinda a paradox taking this little game non-serious AND enjoy it on daily basis. ;)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.