Forums
May 10, 2024, 11:06 AM

Author Topic: Intermediate scheme thread  (Read 5508 times)

Offline Koras

Re: Cup #64: Intermediate
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 11:05 AM »
lol TT cluster power have to be 2 star
Thx cap, that was a grotesque
rotfl its not discussion about my poor english, so typical for You :)
especially when U dont have arguments at all  ;D

If U want give me some free english lessons fix my upgraded version.
Cluster nade must have a power of two stars!*

Offline nappy

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 05:42 PM »
rotfl its not discussion about my poor english, so typical for You :)
Lol? I'm okay with your English, I'm well used to it. "Grotesque" is that ridiculous shit about cluster power.

especially when U dont have arguments at all  ;D
At least I'm not using arguments like "1hp SD is essential" or "TNL scheme sux, I dislike it, because I do" :) Well, anyway, arguing about this is pointless, as we won't come to agreement. So I'm just having fun, and you are doing the same :)

Offline Ivo

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 10:29 PM »
What's the problem with the argument "1hp SD is essential"? I pointed some reasons to justify it btw. If you think otherwise, ok. But this argument is totally valid.

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 11:39 AM »
1HP ftw, 1HP all the way, if you dont like 1HP, gtf away.

No reduction, YOU HAVING A LAFFFF???, f@#! no reduction that choice is SWAAAAAG!

I really think TNL should just use the onl scheme with reduction at SD. Seeing as most of the inter players are used to this way of playing, it makes sense to use the scheme that they are already acustomed to.

Why was it changed?  Oh yeh it was changed back when inter could be played as a league pick and a couple of people who had no clue about the scheme whined about reduction. Bad move, it really should be changed back.

Reduction can change everything, it also gives you another chance of winning if you've been unlucky with placement, especially on cave maps. Reduction makes things fairer, really!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 11:40 AM by NAiL »
worm and learn

Offline chuvash

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010, 06:29 PM »
My propose - to arrange the voiting, between participants of tournament. And my vote for ONL-scheme!

Offline chuvash

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 06:31 PM »
My propose - to arrange the voiting, between participants of tournament ("which scheme must be main?"). And my vote for ONL-scheme!

Offline nappy

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 06:50 PM »
couple of people who had no clue about the scheme whined about reduction
Who?

it also gives you another chance of winning if you've been unlucky with placement, especially on cave maps. Reduction makes things fairer, really!
Ye lmao, if you were unlucky with placement, you may get some luck back with SD. I love this kind of logic :D

if you've been unlucky with placement
That's why inter is played bo3 or bo5.

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 08:53 PM »
couple of people who had no clue about the scheme whined about reduction
Who?

no1 you know

Ye lmao, if you were unlucky with placement, you may get some luck back with SD. I love this kind of logic :D

So you agree, good.

That's why inter is played bo3 or bo5.

Ye, and what does the number of rounds have to do with the fact that reduction at SD can help you if you have an unlucky round?

Instead of being sarcastic, why not explain why you disagree with me?

There are arguments both for and against reduction at SD, I argue that it is better this way for reasons ive already explained.
worm and learn

Offline nappy

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 10:16 PM »
no1 you know
Apparently, no1 you know :)

Instead of being sarcastic, why not explain why you disagree with me?
There are two kinds of schemes: basically lucky ones (shopper, team17 (inb4 angry t17 fanboys bashing me for this), comet dodging) and those which pretend to rely on players' skills (ttrr, elite, bng). I believe that intermediate is the scheme from second category. It's essential (c) to develop the rules for these schemes in the way which reduces amount of luck, right? Another point is that you can't neutralize luck with luck. That means, if you put more lucky elements in the game, you shouldn't expect to get something more fair than it was before. Conversely, you'll get something even more luck-based. And 1hp SD is exactly that element of luck - you may calculate the time when round timer turns 0, but still SD may come that turn or the turn after that.

Offline Antares

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 08:23 AM »
Haha ... just saw a replay of Koras in OnL, and he chatted about new Inter cup at TuS ... came here and already having a deja vu. Same old discussions over and over, (@Nail) reminds me why there are, and should be separate communities in worms. :P

Offline Joschi

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2010, 09:44 AM »
Intermediate Tourney! When? Sunday, 30/05/2010 at 16 GMT.  NNN clan hosts his 32th One-evening-tourney at #RopersHeaven

Setted scheme is OnL scheme :p Except both players agree on TNL scheme (if they wish, they can also play shoppa instead of TNL scheme :p )

Offline Error

• Tool Assisted

• Ukraine Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2010, 10:07 AM »
Quote from: Koras
hehe no ofence Error.... but your opinion isnt valuable
hm... kinda more valuable than ur in about 9 points. go make it less... btw stil 9 after ur post lel.

ah well, i have noticed that most all-rounder players think neutral (or +/-) about both tnl and nnnl. but almost nnn clan (where 1-2 all-rounder players at all) snagin around when hear something about tnl... so i think imo there are 2 reasons: they deffending their scheme from all coasts... or just scary...

if 1st reason: omg why??? is there ne1 who wnats to destroy, annihilate or exterminate ur nnnl scheme?

if 2nd reason: why so f@#!ing pawning pros of intermediate scheme just kinda avoiding alternative scheme? cuz talks = avoiding (IMO!). eya! show ur skills.

btw, about me. yes i prefer tnl, but i NEVER talk something like "oh f@#! f@#! why do u use this lame schme from this damn site of sensless rr and noob shopper lovers? lets play true normal scheme" when my oponent ask me about playing with nnnl.... i just chenge it, and play... but all of u talk! i repeat imfo - talks = avoiding... so just lets play! this is imo kinda better ...
Of course, if you suck as roper, you will still suck using finger roll, but you will suck better, faster, harder and more creatively than ever before!

Offline Joschi

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2010, 10:31 AM »
lol Error, Koras ownes you in both schemes, TNL and NNN scheme. Doesn't matter which of this two schemes you pick. That's what he tried to pointed out, by calling your opinion 'not valuable'.

You wonder why we ask for playing NNN scheme? Humm... let's think.. Maybe because it's the scheme of our league and we play it all the time?! And we are the biggest part of Intermediate players at all?! Just an assumption. I don't know the participations list of last Intermediate tourney here, but I guess more then 80% played regular in our league, or at least is used to play NNN scheme when playing Intermediate.

And you still wonder why we ask for NNN scheme?!

Offline Error

• Tool Assisted

• Ukraine Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2010, 11:16 AM »
u answer me nothing...

ADDED: and u think that valueability depends on skills?
Of course, if you suck as roper, you will still suck using finger roll, but you will suck better, faster, harder and more creatively than ever before!

Offline Joschi

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2010, 11:34 AM »
ADDED: and u think that valueability depends on skills?
Shall I ask you, if forum ranks (popularity) decides about 'valueability'? Better not :D Sigh!

Yes, it depends of skills. Because good skills means also to know the issue. Koras has a considerably deeper look into worms strategy then you.

Maybe we should play a 'tourney' of NNN-luckless supporters versus TNL supporters. Doesn't matter which of this schemes will be played. Like a clan war. Someone wants to bet on TNL supporters for win?

u answer me nothing...

I tried to explain you the reason why we ask for NNN scheme. Or what else did you asked? No, it isn't the reason we are scared...

BTW. personaly I don't call for NNNL scheme as standard scheme. It's a TUS tourney and we all have to accept it, when we want to participat. No reason for complains, just wanted to clearify some things here.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 11:40 AM by Joschi »