Forums
May 10, 2024, 06:53 PM

Author Topic: Intermediate scheme thread  (Read 5510 times)

Re: Intermediate scheme thread
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2010, 10:44 PM »
Hm well it's kind of silly to say one team is winning or has an advantage simply because of their health, especially when talking about intermediate with HP reduction. Not to mention that resources and number of worms are better indicators of who is winning than health, in inter.

More difficulty in seeing who's winning and who has an advantage makes a scheme more complex in any case, as that kind of judgment is a major skill. It allows for much more variety in your game in terms of offense / defense; simply sensing that you're going to lose way ahead of time if you keep attacking allows you better preparation for SD, and likewise, sensing early on that you're on the path to winning allows you to be more aggressive / take shorter turns.

Basically HP reduction just allows for more ways to counter your opponent's plans, and makes the scheme more complex and thoughtful to me.

Offline Error

• Tool Assisted

• Ukraine Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2010, 10:49 PM »
well... summary is that nnnl is good when u loosing cuz u can comeback and tnl is good when u wining cuz it protect u from hp red.

so choose nnnl against harder oponent and tnl against easier oponent! :D

ADDED: combine of this is nnnl with NUCLEAR TEST on sd... xD

Lets create 3rd scheme of intermediate!! :D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 10:51 PM by Error »
Of course, if you suck as roper, you will still suck using finger roll, but you will suck better, faster, harder and more creatively than ever before!

Offline nappy

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2010, 11:21 PM »
Okay, combining Nail's and Mablak's posts to answer: yes, the problem for me is that SD moment is unpredictable. Such a dramatic change of game situation can't be random. I may agree with the fact that it may spawn some interesting strategies and such. But, I guess you know about another aspect of this, pretty ugly one, the thing called "waiting for SD". Some players build the whole game in the way that they just jerk around, doing nothing special and wasting their time on purpose, and this really pisses me off sometimes.

Offline Ivo

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2010, 07:29 AM »
Waiting for SD, in NNNL scheme, is a part of the strategy and the game become interesting because the opponent of the player who wants to wait for SD is not interested that he can achieve this, than they will put the strategy in practice for it. And, with respect for you TT but, the "this pisses me off" argument is not the best one  ;)

But, since the majority of the people who posted here, the majority of the people who will play the cup (and that people, you know, are the top and best players in this style, so the ones who has the stronger and better knowledge from the style) seemed to prefer the NNN luckness scheme, why not NNNl scheme be the default and only if 2 players agree with it, playing with TNL?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 07:38 AM by Ivo »

Offline nappy

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2010, 11:52 AM »
the game become interesting because the opponent of the player who wants to wait for SD is not interested that he can achieve this
Lol, come on, watching how people just wait turn by turn doesn't make the game more interesting in any way.

the "this pisses me off" argument is not the best one
Well, I've heard the same from many people. Your friend Koras is one of them, btw.

But, since the majority of the people who posted here, the majority of the people who will play the cup (and that people, you know, are the top and best players in this style, so the ones who has the stronger and better knowledge from the style) seemed to prefer the NNN luckness scheme, why not NNNl scheme be the default and only if 2 players agree with it, playing with TNL?
Because this is the cup hosted by TUS. Host yours and play it with NNN scheme, why not?

Offline Koras

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2010, 12:19 PM »
It piss me off only when i have huge adventage and enemy wait for SD:) just waste of time....
Mablak You should sign up!

Offline Ivo

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2010, 12:38 PM »
the "this pisses me off" argument is not the best one
Well, I've heard the same from many people. Your friend Koras is one of them, btw.
So, if others say some stupiditys I can say it too. hmmm

Because this is the cup hosted by TUS. Host yours and play it with NNN scheme, why not?
Ouch. This is so open minded! Let me say what I think: "Me, TT, I'm the TUS boss. We will organize an "intermediate" cup. If it would not was the presence of ONL guys, this cup would be enven more sad than our TNL. But even that, we will play this cup with our TNL scheme! The majority of the players prefer the NNNL scheme, but we can not allow it to be the default scheme because we are TUS! The rival of NNN comunity! They are the enemy! Even if they have the well known of intermediate, and explained us that our TNL scheme is a crap, what I had nothing better to say that waiting for SD pisses me off, we can not allow it!! Because we are TUS! Because they are ONL guys! Because yes! Because this pisses me off! Because I'm the boss! Because, because, hmm... because what, btw?!?!"

Offline Error

• Tool Assisted

• Ukraine Ukraine
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2010, 01:10 PM »
because, because, because....

enemy :D
Of course, if you suck as roper, you will still suck using finger roll, but you will suck better, faster, harder and more creatively than ever before!

Offline nappy

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2010, 02:28 PM »
So, if others say some stupiditys I can say it too. hmmm
Sure, if you have no own head on the shoulders.

Ouch. This is so open minded! Let me say what I think: "Me, TT, I'm the TUS boss. We will organize an "intermediate" cup. If it would not was the presence of ONL guys, this cup would be enven more sad than our TNL. But even that, we will play this cup with our TNL scheme! The majority of the players prefer the NNNL scheme, but we can not allow it to be the default scheme because we are TUS! The rival of NNN comunity! They are the enemy! Even if they have the well known of intermediate, and explained us that our TNL scheme is a crap, what I had nothing better to say that waiting for SD pisses me off, we can not allow it!! Because we are TUS! Because they are ONL guys! Because yes! Because this pisses me off! Because I'm the boss! Because, because, hmm... because what, btw?!?!"
NNN members are so friendly :)

Offline Ivo

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2010, 04:55 PM »
Alright.
To have a real discussion is necessary to have an open mind and flexibility.
Not worth wasting time when a person decides to be against just because of stubbornness and pride.

Offline nappy

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2010, 05:49 PM »
Alright.
To have a real discussion is necessary to have an open mind and flexibility.
Not worth wasting time when a person decides to be against just because of stubbornness and pride.
It's funny how you did point out the thing which is fittingly applicable to you. :)

Offline Antares

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2010, 08:55 AM »
Hmm... ok! Wasn't my intention to add another post in this thread but:

@NNN members: stop it plz! ok? Obviously the discussion isn't going anywhere and my deja-vu sensation is present again :P
We have mature members that i'm sure will value the time spend on this endless topic, so let's forget it and play and kick ass like we did before  :P

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and sometimes conflict is very healthy to a community due to the fact that it brings changes and new stuff. Of course this isn't the case of tus intermediate cup discussion about TNL vs NNNL. Every community has it's particularities ... and it's a good thing imo.

Peace!

Offline nappy

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2010, 11:31 AM »
Thank you, Antares, you keep my belief alive.

Offline Kilobyte

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2010, 06:22 PM »
Some players build the whole game in the way that they just jerk around, doing nothing special and wasting their time on purpose, and this really pisses me off sometimes

these are the players who I play only once in this life :) playing with such "unlucky" opponent, is it worth to stop and discuss about reducing HP or not?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 06:33 PM by Kilobyte »