Forums
April 29, 2024, 01:54 AM

Author Topic: Roper Tournament 2Day Midnight!  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Crazy

Roper Tournament 2Day Midnight!
« on: May 23, 2010, 03:15 PM »
Hi!

Inspired by Darkone, I`ll do a pre warm-up for his TTRR Tournament by hosting a Roper tourney today. The tournament will be held in #RH, and sign ups start 15 minutes before midnight. I want a minimum of 16 participants, otherwise the tournament will be canceled. Short announcement, but everything can`t always be planned into every tiny detail, can it?

Be there!

Offline Crazy

Re: Roper Tournament 2Day Midnight!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 03:41 PM »
Lol, I joined AG and found out there`s already a Roper Tournament today, at 8 GTM hosted by ESL. I`ll still hold my tournament open though, as this tournament is not held in any channel.

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 04:09 PM »
Not the best time, but i'll see if i can make it  :(

Ty for ESL reminder.. that tourney is at 8 CET btw, not GMT.  ;)

Offline Csongi

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 04:11 PM »
aw... that's 2 late for me  :(
btw. what is ESL ?  :o
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline Crazy

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 07:24 PM »
Sorry to hear Csongi ;/ This is ESL; http://www.esl.eu/eu/wa

Offline Csongi

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 07:41 PM »
ye.i checked that,pretty impressive stuff  8)
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 08:49 PM »
midnight but... what time is it right now in Norway ?

Here it's 22H50 :0

Offline Csongi

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 08:52 PM »
i think he means gmt midnight,not norway's timezone ^^

Offline THeDoGG

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 09:02 PM »
Hm lol ! Then when is that ? :0

I see your post is @ 09:52 PM, let's suppose those forums have GMT time.. that mean tourney is in .... 2 hours ?

So @ 1am in France =) maybe i'll be there !

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 09:17 PM »
@Thedogg

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc (Thanks DarkOne!)

It should start in ~40 minutes.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 12:44 AM »
Isn`t midnight the same for all? :D Anyway, the tournament took some time before it kicked off. At first we managed to get 8 players, but there were still a fair amount of players who wanted to join after that, and by half hour after the sign ups opened, we had 16 participants. The results:

Round 1:
Crazy vs Unique
Fada vs Alcoholico
HHC vs Ramone
Skunk vs Katie
Knightz vs Jamb
Dark vs Wuzzy
Dibz vs Taz
Twyrfher vs Csongi

Quarter-finals:
HHC vs Skunk
Dark vs Jamb
Dibz vs Twyrfher
Unique vs Alcoholico (Alcoholico did not turn up as he had some friends coming over to his house, apology accepted)

Semi-finals:
Unique vs Dibz
Skunk vs Dark

The Grand Final:
Unique vs Dark

I usually hold an Award Ceremony after the tournament is finished, and here it is:

The Dumbest Player Award: Crazy for pairing himself up with Unique, whereas both players were not able to host. This caused the other players to have to wait for them to get finished. The game ended ironically in a draw, rest is history.

The Funniest Guy In The Tournament Award: Wuzzy! Unkown German that sounded rather disoriented, ask Dark for details.

The Best Sportsmanship Award: Jamb! The Quarter-Final game between Dark and Jamb might have been one of the longest lasting games for quite some time. Dark ended up winning the game in the end, but for some reason he had to do some pumps after killing Jamb in pure joy, which he soon would regret; the fall damage killed him. Jamb showed great Sportsmanship letting Dark go through to the next round without any dazzle.

The Most Crate Raped Award: Dibz! Tough match between Unique and Dibz in the Semi-Finals. Unfortunately for Dibz, crates were not really on his side in this game. Unique played his game well though without giving the opponent any kind of sympathy, good job!

The Worst Tactical Move Award: Unique told Dark before the Final Game to change the map, as he was not satisfied with it. Dark changed the map, and against all odds, it was the same map Dibz was crate raped by Unique! Very clever, but in the end, it proved to be Unique`s Armageddon.

The Award For Keeping The Game Up: Avirex and Skunk! While the tournament was on-going, Ropersheaven was, like it always is, very dead. Avirex was the rescue, as him and Skunk held a conversation there which actually gave me problems to see if Dark and Jamb had returned from their game or not xD

The Kindest Player Award: Zippo! Who would have thought, ae? Zippo stepped up and hosted for me and Unique in the Round 1 game. Unfortunately, Unique had fallen asleep behind his keyboard and never joined the host. I came back to #RH, where I later found out that Unique had gone to #AG and joined Zippo`s host, who was still waiting. Zippo and Unique came back to #RH, where Zippo hosted up once again for us. HHC though, had already hosted a game for me and Unique. Thanks to Zippo for keeping his head cold here, many players would have been a tiny frustrated here, but Zippo took it with a smile :-[

Thanks for everyone participating, and congratz to Dark! The tournament looked kind of f@#!ed for quite a while, but it turned out nicely in the end, like it almost always does.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:26 PM by Crazy »

Offline ZiPpO

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 12:48 AM »
omfg!!

oh motherf@#!er...no congratz for me for host 3 hosts for u and unique?

q bitch! XD

peace!

nice torney

i want to play the next...aplaudd.!

Offline Crazy

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 12:50 AM »
Oh, forgot it in the rush, I want to go to bed :D I`ll add you Zipp, you deserve without doubt an award!

Offline ZiPpO

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 01:06 AM »

The Kindest Player Award:[/b] Zippo! Who would have thought, ae?

Lol! why all hates me??

i'm a dumb but i'm still loving all XD

Offline Crazy

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 01:10 AM »
Hehe, I like you zippo and you know it :-[ That was just a small joke. I gave you an applaud two minutes ago so you were down in -529, but I see now that someone already smited you again, lol