Forums
May 09, 2024, 04:02 PM

Author Topic: The minimum quantity of players in tournaments  (Read 1215 times)

The minimum quantity of players in tournaments
« on: April 20, 2011, 05:09 PM »
Creating tournaments, I have come up against a situation: in many schemes no more than 8 players are registered.

How you consider, whether is interesting to play such tournaments?

I suggest to enter some restrictions in tournaments:

- The minimum quantity of players - 16

Of course, it will be heavy to collect minimum 16 players, therefore it is possible to use deadlines.

I consider that it is possible to create tournaments lasting many days which will allow to collect more players.

What do you think about this idea?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 05:34 PM by Dmitry »

Re: The minimum quantity of players in tournaments
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 06:24 PM »
This is called a cup. Stop hosting the same scheme every 2 days and you may get more people if the tourney is only once a week.

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 09:17 PM »
Dunno if that really helps Maul.

Would be nice if normal tourney mods could add players after the pairings... but I guess most often they are playing games themselves.

I don't mind 8 player tourneys really... better than 128 player ones IMO. but oh well.

Offline darKz

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 11:06 PM »
Now that darkmaul almost said it, there are way too many tourneys and cups hosted imo. If I participate in a tourney and win I wanna have a feeling like it's something special.. That's just not the case if you know the next tourney is in like 2 days. lol

Imagine they were holding football world cups 4 times a year instead of once every 4 years.. The players certainly wouldn't be as happy about winning.

Sorry for posting off topic but felt like throwing that in.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010