Forums
May 04, 2024, 04:12 PM

Author Topic: dS Tours v3 - End of Season 2 / Start of Season 3 - Feedback  (Read 1284 times)

Offline TheKomodo

1st of all we would like to thank everyone for participating in the 2nd Season of dS Tours v3, again some great map records have been set!

With 1 week left to go until Season 2 Playoffs begin, the top 4 players are considerably close to each other in points:

Hurz - 81
spleen17 - 73
MarianRV - 65
Mega`Adnan - 63

While there haven't been any major rule changes there has been a few misunderstandings which we hope to make clear now:

Unmarked contact:

In an map where you must throw/land directly on the target without any unmarked contact from any other part of the map, it is only a void shot if it causes the worm to change course, if you "skiff" a part of the map before landing(when the drill seems to touch land very lightly without altering the course) then it's fine.

Rethrows:

No one is allowed a rethrow if they accidentally press space at the wrong time, if they lag, if they drilled at the start by mistake, or any other reason. The only exception to this rule is if the player had an emergency and missed their turn completely, or if they suddenly disappeared in the middle of their turn, for example, if they started to bounce against wall then suddenly just hung there immobile. Regardless of opponents letting you throw again, if caught your points will be deducted.

Rebounds:

For maps such as Wings of Beauty the rebound is usually the lesser of 2 scores if you bounce off 1 part straight into the water, however sometimes it's possible for example, to bounce inside "10" hitting both walls on the inside then falling back out, in situations like this you will receive the points for the area you touched.

Swooshes:

As for what counts as a swoosh, you can go as slow or fast as you like however I feel it should be one continous movement, for example XanKriegors turn where he contracted/extended/contracted the rope shorter/longer/shorter before releasing drill shouldn't count because I don't see it as 1 smoothly executed move, I will update the map rules for this if other dS members agree.

As for the point of release to determine a swoosh it has to be after the rope starts to point in the direction you are going, for example if you fire the rope when pointing left, it shoots left, when pointing right it shoots right, you can easily determine this by watching a replay frame by frame and looking at the structure of the rope, if you were to magnify an image it would look like an upside down staircase when pointing either direction, if the rope is completely vertical then it looks like a perfect straight line which would also be void in my opinion, it has to be at least 1 part or more to the direction you are travelling.

Tiebreakers:

Quote from: dST v3 S2 Rules
The map used for the tiebreaker map cannot be one that has already been used.

Good luck to those who reach S2 Playoffs!

We would appreciate any praise, criticism, and suggestions that would help us improve dS Tours even further, we will take into consideration all comments and possibly implement any ideas if we feel it would improve dS Tours for Season 3.

Thanks!

Offline MarianRV

Re: dS Tours v3 - End of Season 2 / Start of Season 3 - Feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 01:40 PM »
Maybe changing number of maps from 6 to 5 for 3-way tours?Maybe this was discussed before but I kinda forgot about it

Offline spleen17

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 03:06 PM »
Rethrows:

No one is allowed a rethrow if they accidentally press space at the wrong time, if they lag, if they drilled at the start by mistake, or any other reason. The only exception to this rule is if the player had an emergency and missed their turn completely, or if they suddenly disappeared in the middle of their turn, for example, if they started to bounce against wall then suddenly just hung there immobile. Regardless of opponents letting you throw again, if caught your points will be deducted.

Might be worth adding this to the official scheme page, particularly if Darts is in TRL soon. People who don't play the scheme often tend to assume they can rethrow if they waste their turn.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 03:34 PM »
Maybe changing number of maps from 6 to 5 for 3-way tours?Maybe this was discussed before but I kinda forgot about it

It was discussed briefly, from what I gathered we preferred 6 maps.

Might be worth adding this to the official scheme page, particularly if Darts is in TRL soon. People who don't play the scheme often tend to assume they can rethrow if they waste their turn.

MonkeyIsland has put dS in charge of maintaining and updating the official rules for Darts, so any decision made has to be carefully discussed and agreed in our private forums, we will definitely put up a thread discussing these latest adjustments / understandings in preparation for updating the official Darts rules.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 04:55 PM »

MonkeyIsland has put dS in charge of maintaining and updating the official rules for Darts, so any decision made has to be carefully discussed and agreed in our private forums, we will definitely put up a thread discussing these latest adjustments / understandings in preparation for updating the official Darts rules.

So what is the current rule for this in tfl / trl games? Is it different to dst?

I thought this had just not been covered in the scheme page, didn't realise it was a change.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 05:26 PM »
So what is the current rule for this in tfl / trl games? Is it different to dst?

I thought this had just not been covered in the scheme page, didn't realise it was a change.

It's not in the official rules because we thought it was obvious at 1st, the situation fits any scheme, if you fall in roper you lose turn, if you zook yourself in BnG, you lose turn, so it shouldn't be any different in Darts, I didn't think we would have to make a rule for this, but it appears we should.

The difference between Darts and schemes like Roper/BnG, is missing a turn doesn't really have an effect on the worms health etc, you can just take the turn against with the same parameters and situation as before, where in BnG the land has changed etc, and same with Roper, where the crate dropped etc changed.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 06:51 AM »
Omg! 12 June? Oh man, I wish I could qualify in POs, because my mid term exams gonna end in 12 June tho. :'(
Also, for the next season, shall we add "Maps + Records by Word Document" thing? :D
This gonna look pretty fancy in dST results by adding another attachment with RAR, and the use of Microsoft Word will become pretty popular. ;D

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 08:54 AM »
Excel would be fancier for this stuff xD

Offline Hurz

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 12:20 PM »
.txt files is enough imo

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 01:38 PM »
Excel would be fancier for this stuff xD

Yea sure, I wish Komito may design a page as it would be useful for dS tours, like map names, score table etc. :D
It's would be easy for dST hosters to copy+paste the map names and write scores with 1st map, 2nd map etc. , what do ya say? ;D

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2015, 01:42 PM »
I like to keep things as simple as possible, I don't see the need for this extra information, I also don't want to keep track of all this extra stuff while hosting, we could make it optional but I personally wouldn't do it.

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2015, 01:58 PM »
Maybe an overcharge will not be good.Simplistic seems ok to me,tho Excel maybe will  be needed when stuff gets too "fat".Just saying

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 06:03 PM »
Maybe an overcharge will not be good.Simplistic seems ok to me,tho Excel maybe will  be needed when stuff gets too "fat".Just saying

Ok I am confused now, what would we need Excel for? The way we handle results/standings right now is perfect afaik.

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2015, 06:06 PM »
It is just an idea for the future.Who knows,maybe Excel will have it's use.It's just a thought tho,not sure if will ever happen