Forums
May 03, 2024, 11:17 PM

Author Topic: EAC 2012 - Smalltalk  (Read 12177 times)

Offline franz

Re: EAC 2012 - Smalltalk
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2012, 12:22 AM »
what's the tie break order? wins->loss->head to head?

Offline Crazy

« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2012, 01:52 AM »
It's wins->loss->ratio franz. Almog has a 28 ratio, you have 27, Random 20 etc. This type of model is used in most major sports in the European countries. Ratio is more valued then head to head. In case of the same ratio, head to head will decide.

Did you play Worms during history lessons at high school franz? :P
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:39 AM by Crazy »

Offline SPW

« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2012, 08:33 PM »
what's the tie break order? wins->loss->head to head?

In case all having same amount of played matches:

1. Points
2. Ratio from Won/Lost games. 40:20 > 41:22  and 40:12 > 40:14 f.E.
3. head to head result

If not clear enough to verify every ranking spot (f.E. 3 players having same total points in the end), we do decide what happens then. It could come out to a (three)-way-final with bo"?" matches or we are throwing a dice. Personally, I would prefer outplaying it. But I hope we dont have such a situation in the end. ;)

Two guys with same total points is easy and gives 100% a winner.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:35 PM by SPW »

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2012, 06:46 PM »
C.O.P.S. is a point system with an overall scan from each matchday. It includes activity and spirit, behaviour, taking games serious, insulting opponents, default losses, fairplay bonus, skill by rank, prediction game activity, forum activity and some more. The higher the better and it works like an indicator for future ea events.

SPW I appreciate all that you have done for eac and its been an awesome way to end my worming, however, your C.O.P.S system is a f@#!ing repulsive joke.  How could I possibly have a lower rating then someone who has been warned? As someone who has never been late for a game (other then medical reasons) be rated lower then people who continuously have troubles getting games arranged and played? Say I want to come back and play in the eac next year, am I once again going to be jerked around by you for no apparent reason? This is really frustrating a has been bothering me. Your distaste for me for no apparent reason is really getting old.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline SPW

« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2012, 11:03 PM »
C.O.P.S. is just an indicator but when you worry that much about it (your current score is okay so far for following events), I can calculate your points again. Maybe there was a situation, which I judged different back to July/August than now.

I just see in my table, that you lost points at round #4 and #7. Last 12 rounds you got maximum points for each matchday.

Take it easy Dub. You know I dont like harsh comments and no-thinking posts so maybe better think twice before doing some action. You lost some points with your behaviour, still at the first half of EAC. Maybe we forget about things happening 3-4 month ago. But my table got updated every single round and didnt forget it.

If you want me to calculate your points again, just ask for it. I can do it on the upcoming weekend but not earlier.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 11:05 PM by SPW »

Offline Husk

« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2012, 11:57 PM »
I think C.O.P.S. is just another popularity contest that is not worth the breath

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2012, 12:40 AM »
If you are going to make bullshit lists, you should be prepared to back them up or just not make them. Don't mind my harsh tone, I just don't mend my words.

Perhaps rethink your reasons for deducting so many points (20?). And if you don't want your list to be complete bullshit maybe think about taking some points away from your friends who missed dates and had troubles arranging games.

#4 I am not going to address out of respect for Guaton and not wanting to rehash old feelings. Perhaps you were unaware of the entire situation.

#7 Only in your bizarro world does the person who shows up on time lose points and not the one who completely missed the date without giving notice. Maybe it is a language barrier situation but telling someone to not waste your time and give notice when you show up for a meeting, is not a bad thing to say. Its well accepted in Canada, and I would think in many other places, if someone says to meet me here at this time and the person doesn't show up or give notice, that they will be told to not waste there time in the future. He apologized, shit happens. We moved on without any problems. Why you, or anyone else, took offense to what I said leaves me bewildered.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Ray

« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2012, 07:31 PM »
I think C.O.P.S. is just another popularity contest that is not worth the breath
Strangely enough I had the same feeling.

Offline Ray

« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2012, 09:58 PM »
Hey, by the way, if I won something with my place, I'd like to donate it to EAC, server or domain costs or whatever, you figure it out. :)

It's been a pleasure to take part, great turnout, great games everyone!

Offline SPW

« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2012, 12:13 AM »
                                  Top 3 are known!

Congratulations to Crash for the win! $100 and a gold trophy goes to Poland! :)

Matches won: 17*
                            Matches lost: 1*
                            Game ratio: 51:11*

Total Points: 34*
                                           Lost against: Almog
                                                        * Crash still has one match left.

Second place goes to franz from the United States of America. Congratulations also!  ;)

Matches won: 16
                            Matches lost: 3
                            Game ratio: 53:22

Total Points: 32
                                           Lost against: Random00, Husk, Crash

And last but not least, 3rd place goes to Almog from Israel! He won his second trophy
now after silver at EAC 2011. Congratulation to you too mate.   8)

Matches won: 16
                            Matches lost: 3
                            Game ratio: 52:21

Total Points: 32
                                           Lost against: Random00, NinjaCamel, franz

Unfortunally Random00, winner of EAC 2011, finishing this year championship at
the unlucky 4th place. He also gained 32 points but with worse game ratio (52:24).
                                           Lost against: Dub-c, NinjaCamel, Crash

Thanks to everyone, you were all awesome! All finished this championship.  :)
You was a part of EAC 2012 and we never forget this. Stay tuned with ea, 2013 is coming soon...
8)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 12:15 PM by SPW »

Offline Almog

« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2012, 07:44 PM »
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo same ratio!! SPW I was counting on you :PP

gj franz & crash

thx SPW and Random for this cup , was great

See ya on the next tourney

« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2012, 12:57 PM »
yeah :) thanks almog, great games guys really

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:01 PM by Crash »

« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2012, 05:41 AM »
Congratulations!!
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2012, 03:30 PM »
EAC 2011 was good, 2012 have seen really good, lets keep on that way ^^
ty SPW, Random and all who made posible  this kind of competition ;)

congratz winners :)