Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:51 AM

Author Topic: EAC 2013 - Prediction Game  (Read 4183 times)

Offline Ray

EAC 2013 - Prediction Game
« on: August 10, 2013, 07:03 PM »
Am I the only one who's so amped about the prediction game, so much, that I start a topic about it? :D

Man, the standings are so tense, 67 points for the top 3 and even SPW on the 5th place is with 63, man... now I'm really nervous about it, because if I can't win the championship, at least I should get this one right. ;D

Maybe we could use this thread to like share our predicting strategy with each other? Maybe. I'll start, you guys copy me!

I personally (when I'm not doing it in the last 10 seconds) go through each player's TEL and TUS Classic statistics, looking for recent games, looking for breaks, trying to figure out how active they are in the leagues. I compare the statistics of the two players based on experience, recent games and believed knowledge (where I think they are on an imaginary ladder) and games against each other. I usually take playing style into account - for example, I consider myself a sort of a darksider, I like defensive gameplay, I like hiding and waiting out, but there are very aggressive players also, or intermediate players, like chuvash, who take this scheme in a totally different way.

Then I compare their current standings on EAC and TEL (if any) and current streaks, who they played against with what results and judge the outcome after that.

Considering that I'm leading the prediction game with HHC, I think this is a good strategy. :)

How do you predict? Just by guts or do you have any routine by which you make your predictions? Did I just give away the winning formula? :D I doubt, anyway, really good race we are having this year!

Offline HHC

Re: EAC 2013 - Prediction Game
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 07:11 PM »
i go by guts, apparently my guts are ALMIGHTY!

Offline SPW

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 09:26 PM »
100% instinct.

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 08:34 AM »
I predict all games score in 30 seconds, then click 'Save' and rarely change any prediction. But that's me. And to clarify - we've got 3 leaders atm. 8)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:37 AM by Dulek »

Offline SPW

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 09:19 AM »
I bet for franz ;/ And all gamblers gets point, hah :D

this is like you beat AK with QT xd

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 09:25 AM »
http://www.2013.eac-wa.com/index.php?page=prediction_game

To make it easier to find for those who don't have the eac site in their bookmarks ;)

Offline Ray

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 09:57 AM »
And to clarify - we've got 3 leaders atm. 8)
We have got the same amount of points, but HHC and me predicted more scores than you, so that puts us in front.

Offline HHC

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 03:48 PM »
Little reminder to predict the games for this week.

WIll be playing with Lales at 20gmt tonight, so dont wait till tomorrow ;)

Offline SPW

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 04:33 PM »
Im a little bit dissapointed about the generel activity in the pg. It cost about 30 seconds per week and you can win money for doing almost nothing. Human are so lazy  :-X

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 12:54 PM »
It costs at least 30 minutes for me, I put a lot of thought into it.

But, then again, like last year, I was too busy to remember it in time and I messed up and forgot. Good game. :(

Offline barman

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 01:17 PM »
In the future you should perhaps consider making it possible to predict all the matchdays before the championship starts, people are less lazy when they have an opportunity to get the whole task done within one sitting ;d
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline SPW

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 02:42 PM »
It costs at least 30 minutes for me, I put a lot of thought into it.

But, then again, like last year, I was too busy to remember it in time and I messed up and forgot. Good game. :(

Too busy? But you even made a topic for it this week so I cant believe you forgot it.  :-X

Offline Crazy

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 05:06 PM »
Lol Ray, bad luck.. I feel sorry for you, you were so enthusiastic about it

Offline Random00

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 05:57 PM »
In the future you should perhaps consider making it possible to predict all the matchdays before the championship starts, people are less lazy when they have an opportunity to get the whole task done within one sitting ;d

good idea, guess that would help quite a few players ^^

Offline HHC

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 06:31 PM »
only 4 points behind ray, and we're only halfway. 4 points is easy to overcome in a single matchweek. Hang in there bud  ;)