Forums
May 14, 2024, 11:07 PM

Author Topic: EAC 2013 - Smalltalk  (Read 15253 times)

Offline Ray

Re: EAC 2013 - Smalltalk
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2013, 10:56 AM »
It's pretty bad that you would think the schedule is fixed Crazy. :( It's a script that randomly generates the pairings, nothing more, nothing less. Adding a feature that would create fixed matchdays or manually fixing pairings would be so much effort it would actually take days. I can't believe that you would even consider that someone like Random, who's been always known of his outstanding sportsmanship and respect towards everyone, would cheat in such a way. Besides, I don't think that between the 18 players that are in this championship, any schedule would be favourable for anyone.

I was trying to work out an algorithm myself too by the way, but it failed for some sort of weird programming reason that I still don't recall having found.

Offline SPW

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2013, 03:54 PM »
Nothing is rigged with that schedule. Like Random said, I was in ventrilo with him and we both was shocked when check first rounds. But it was 100% not rigged! Random and I would never do such a bad thing. Really never!

And like Almog said, this event was announced about 2 or 3 month before it starts. Its only Mablaks or Crash or anyone else problem if they not in shape when it starts.

I will talk with random about it but Im not on a yes to reschedule it. System generated it and we even did everyone knows about the launching time of the page. So everyone could just check page after 20 gmt to see the final schedule.

Sure I would prefer Mablak vs Random00 at last round. But the system didnt.

Random00 vs Mablak first round!!!  :D
To finish it off, SPW is facing Mablak in the last round, the way I see it as a last chance to help out Seb if needed.

You really believe I would even think about that? Until now, almost 24 hours later, I didnt even realise that I face Mablak at last round!

Offline darKz

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2013, 04:14 PM »
Bård were you sober when you posted that? Just wondering. :D

Also hi, looking forward to the replays of some great matches.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Devilage

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2013, 06:21 PM »
hey darkz is this you mate?

Smoking proud.

Offline darKz

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2013, 08:13 PM »
Damn I was hoping nobody finds that.. :(

On a more serious note, let's keep this thread about the upcoming EAC. You can PM me about my crossdressing fetish. ;)
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline HHC

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2013, 08:55 PM »
My debute against crazy  ;D nice!

How does it work with vacations btw? I see that I have matches planned for those weeks, are they postponed or played in advance?

Gl hf all :)

Offline Random00

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2013, 09:19 PM »
How does it work with vacations btw? I see that I have matches planned for those weeks, are they postponed or played in advance?

all matches during vacations will be dealt with seperately by SPW and me.
The most common way is that we will send you and your opponent a PM, where we suggest how to handle it. Usually the games just get postponed by 1 week or 2, so just wait and see, I guess :D

Offline SPW

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2013, 09:53 PM »
This is the plan of all known and / or possible absences. Before every matchday starts, we give an information about all matches which getting a new deadline cause of absences. Yellow blocks: Not sure, more coming up as soon as they know. Orange: There are some smaller chances to get it done in the deadline. Otherwise they will get some more time, probably just the deadline from the upcoming matchday. Red: Very sure those matches will have deadline from the upcoming matchday.

Sorry for the crap graph. Click on it for a better view.

If something change, please tell it to me and Random00 as soon as possible.

Offline Ray

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2013, 08:58 AM »
Why am I in an orange block? I already settled the date with chuvash. ???

Offline SPW

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2013, 03:39 PM »

cause of your reply on my pm. It wasnt sure then (hospital) and until now you didnt say anything about that task. So if you can play next two weeks I will remove that orange block.

Offline Ray

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2013, 11:26 AM »

cause of your reply on my pm. It wasnt sure then (hospital) and until now you didnt say anything about that task. So if you can play next two weeks I will remove that orange block.
Oh damn, I forgot to keep you informed about that. That's not going to happen, I'll be fully available.

Offline SPW

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2013, 08:33 PM »
okay, removed.  ;)

Offline Ray

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2013, 11:26 AM »
Such disappointing defeat in the first round. :( After a strong start in the first game and some shaky moves by chuvash, I was just not able to contain him well enough to turn the game in my favor, shame. I really feel like this could have gone either way, although I do believe his skills and tactical knowledge are superior to mine.

Nice games though, and crystal clear consequences: I need to practice. :)

Offline Crazy

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2013, 06:20 PM »
Did you finish all of the games Ray? What was the score? :P I need a correct prediction now, lol. Plenty of games left though, I felt dissapointed after the first round also, but you can't let it affect you in your next match. Heads up :D

Offline Ray

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2013, 07:18 PM »
3 - 1 to chuvash, that was the final score. We also had a draw in the first round.