Forums
April 28, 2024, 08:54 PM

Author Topic: ea - Join-Up  (Read 56509 times)

Offline wza

Re: ea - Join-Up
« Reply #435 on: May 07, 2014, 09:01 AM »
Most of people thinking that you are a true rr lover.

IMO your reasoning is not good.

Yes it is true, I love ttrr. In fact i love Worms Armageddon. I play every scheme. I have always had love for the various aspects of the different game types (the only exception being hysteria, It's too frantic for me). And the fact that most of the schemes are player invented is awesome.

I am definitely a much better roper than elitist, but I've made the best sweat bullets and earn their wins. Elite doesn't really take up-keep to stay sharp at (with the exception of the bng aspect and time management). Once you learn strategy it is embedded in your brain (I'm in no way declaring to be an expert in elite as there is much to learn in the gametype). Roping however is a physical skill that takes practice to stay in the higher echelons, so yes, I've invested much more time into that aspect of the game/my skill bag.

Anyway I'm not too concerned about being denied entry into your group. I don't have much free time to invest in this game. I wanted to partake in that elite tournament as it will be good challenges and the amount of time needed is reasonable.

Can someone direct me to the Worms Addicts group?  :D I've never been one for segregation.  ::)

Just thought I'd clear up my stance on this for 'Most of people'.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #436 on: May 07, 2014, 09:19 AM »
Most of people thinking that you are a true rr lover.

IMO your reasoning is not good.

Yes it is true, I love ttrr. In fact i love Worms Armageddon. I play every scheme. I have always had love for the various aspects of the different game types (the only exception being hysteria, It's too frantic for me). And the fact that most of the schemes are player invented is awesome.

I am definitely a much better roper than elitist, but I've made the best sweat bullets and earn their wins. Elite doesn't really take up-keep to stay sharp at (with the exception of the bng aspect and time management). Once you learn strategy it is embedded in your brain (I'm in no way declaring to be an expert in elite as there is much to learn in the gametype). Roping however is a physical skill that takes practice to stay in the higher echelons, so yes, I've invested much more time into that aspect of the game/my skill bag.

Anyway I'm not too concerned about being denied entry into your group. I don't have much free time to invest in this game. I wanted to partake in that elite tournament as it will be good challenges and the amount of time needed is reasonable.

Can someone direct me to the Worms Addicts group?  :D I've never been one for segregation.  ::)

Just thought I'd clear up my stance on this for 'Most of people'.
Strong post, pwned IMO

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 07, 2014, 09:25 AM »
I'm sure ea has valid reasons for denying wza entry. I'm sure there's plenty of people that have shown more will to join and have put in more effort to do so.

However, I can't help but agree that the reasons chosen to be given publicly are awful.

I'm pretty sure there's a few already in ea that have more love for roping or bng than they do for elite. And scheme preference should by no means stop a player from offering a complete elite challenge to those of you that claim (conscientiously or subconsciously)  to be the elitists of elite.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #438 on: May 07, 2014, 11:44 AM »
Casso - a true Hysteria lover
DubC - a true Warmer lover
HHC - a true T17 lover
Joschi - a true Intermediate lover
Mablak - a true Intermediate lover
NAiL - a true rr lover
NinjaCamel - a true bungee lover rofl
barman - a true rope lover
chuvash - a true Intermediate lover

Most of them inactive. Cant speak of anyone else :) And not that its my concern or something, its just you seem to bind to someone things like the person should play other schemes instead as he prefers them, yet ea's concept seems to be open to elite enthusiasts that like challenges and are taking it seriously/maturely.  Just say already you dont like someone for other reasons instead "you are a true lover of other scheme" coz its ridonculous :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:00 PM by lacoste »
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline SPW

« Reply #439 on: May 07, 2014, 03:52 PM »
Well wza, its just about the replies from your voting thread. And best thing to get into ea: Play TEL and show some activity there and do your games fair, without flames, insults or other childish attitudes. People will see this and you get pro votes. Until now you didnt play TEL so I can understand why you failed the request. If you show activity and winning games, you even can get into ea also as a real rr lover. Like others did (check the nice list from lacoste). They all showed big efforts playing elite and also won some important games against tough opponents.

So its not just about being a lover of it. And since wza asked at public, I just replied at public. If someone's asking me with a pm, I just answer with a pm. Dont see the problem here, aerox.

Some examples of failed requests:

"I'm the best, I won 5 games vs ea player. I should be in ea, also won a trophy some time ago."

--> most of ea members dont like to see this and vote a no.

(ingame chat)

"fu lamer", "you are only lucky, shit noob", "no gg, bg! I dont play u again" etc.

--> most of ea members dont like to see this and vote a no.

Maybe this helps for some guys getting into ea someday. It needs time to get back karma, but its possible. If people didnt see any change of a specific member, they will vote a no forever.

So ea its not only about elite skills or being an elite lover. This is maybe 50% of it.

By the examples, I didnt call any names. But still without names maybe some guys will see their own face there.

by the way walrus, gtfo with your negative posts all day, at least in the ea area. Nobody gives a shit about it, at least not me. Thank you.

Offline Random00

« Reply #440 on: May 07, 2014, 05:11 PM »
Just to be clear: The main reason wza didn't make it in, isn't his behaviour.
So saying "Most of people thinking that you are a true rr lover." is just a nicer way of saying "Most of the people who voted don't think you're much of an Elite player".
And obviously, this voting procedure is highly subjective. But just a quick look at wza's Elite stats on TUS seem to emphasize this decision.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #441 on: May 07, 2014, 05:41 PM »
by the way walrus, gtfo with your negative posts all day, at least in the ea area. Nobody gives a shit about it, at least not me. Thank you.
By the way, champion, re-read my post.  The only one being negative here is you, old blowhard.  You are right though, no one is as sensitive about it as you, your sensibilities are as tender as a little girl's to be offended by my "negative" post.

Offline darKz

« Reply #442 on: May 07, 2014, 05:58 PM »
Are you gonna try and bring up a discussion about why you're not welcome here? Just move on Walrus.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline ANO

« Reply #443 on: May 07, 2014, 10:37 PM »
Corset is needed here.. these swiss are too angry xd

Offline wza

« Reply #444 on: May 08, 2014, 02:47 AM »
Ok that's an acceptable denial then :P

Although I would just like to mention (just for reputations sake  8)) that the two seasons I played on here were after a... 6 year or so break. It takes time to readjust to distance gauging/time management/bng and even the F-Combinations which are all very crucial to the 20 second turn.

« Reply #445 on: May 08, 2014, 08:27 AM »
I hope ea members will show some cool elite skills this year considering most of them are much more inactive than wza :)

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #446 on: May 08, 2014, 11:10 AM »
To sum up: Be active once you seek to join ea, quit worms after they accept you.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Joschi

« Reply #447 on: May 08, 2014, 02:33 PM »
Hi! I'd like to join ea :D

Probably I am too new in ea and not involved enough in TUS to get everything what is relevant to judge the current topic. But allow me one personal statement.

When I seek to join a community, but I am aware that people don't see in me the typical "elitiste", I try to convince them and to present myself. Or I am confident enough that at least admins are absolutly positive to my join.

Instead of writing long posts after the decision is made, he should have insisted on the point that he is addicted to the game and explain the community the benefits of a probable join.

"I'd like to join ea" isn't that convincing for people who don't know you personally.

PS: *thumbs up* for your comeback to worms!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:54 PM by Joschi »

Offline SPW

« Reply #448 on: May 08, 2014, 06:57 PM »
Hi! I'd like to join ea :D

Probably I am too new in ea and not involved enough in TUS to get everything what is relevant to judge the current topic. But allow me one personal statement.

When I seek to join a community, but I am aware that people don't see in me the typical "elitiste", I try to convince them and to present myself. Or I am confident enough that at least admins are absolutly positive to my join.

Instead of writing long posts after the decision is made, he should have insisted on the point that he is addicted to the game and explain the community the benefits of a probable join.

"I'd like to join ea" isn't that convincing for people who don't know you personally.

PS: *thumbs up* for your comeback to worms!

Good post and it hits the nail on its head.  :)

Offline Crazy

« Reply #449 on: May 08, 2014, 10:30 PM »
Good point Joschi.. Wza didn't exactly pour his heart out in his request to join :P He did however after his request was denied, it's kinda odd. I agree that the reasoning behind the denial of his request was not the best, and it might have annoyed wza enough to make a deal about it. SPW simply wrote what people had expressed in the voting-thread, and yes he should probably have rephrased it.

About half of the members in ea played actively back when you were tearing up pretty much everyone in roperace 10 years ago or so wza. The other half consisting of young sperm is either inactive or didn't vote. What I'm trying to say is, you were too good of a roperacer back in the day and because of this you actually have a handicap joining a community dedicated to the Elite-scheme today. You have more to prove then the average wormer to join