Forums
May 13, 2024, 08:08 PM

Author Topic: ea - Join-Up  (Read 57085 times)

Re: ea - Join-Up
« Reply #270 on: June 05, 2012, 02:58 AM »
Well that's ridiculous, I'll gladly play with the caveat that I can't win any money, and I won't hold it against anyone. But still, you surely have no problem with current ea members only joining the cup to win money.

« Reply #271 on: June 05, 2012, 04:32 AM »
Mab, you don't understand. If you join, then chances to win money by other people will become 99% less :D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2012, 05:59 AM »

mab is the guy in the suit! hahahahah
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline nino

« Reply #273 on: June 05, 2012, 02:30 PM »
such a shame, a guy like mablak who always respected everyone in here, showed like noone his love for this game including elite , being recused in a community for such reasons.

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #274 on: June 05, 2012, 03:11 PM »
lol at drama :D

"But honestly, this cup is the only reason I'm joining"

thats not the right way to join a community imo. everyone who wanna join only cus of the cup, would get rejected. why there should be a difference if candidate is very good at the scheme? O:
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

« Reply #275 on: June 05, 2012, 10:29 PM »
Stat, I meant if I got 1st or something, the money would go to 2nd place.

lol at drama :D

"But honestly, this cup is the only reason I'm joining"

thats not the right way to join a community imo. everyone who wanna join only cus of the cup, would get rejected. why there should be a difference if candidate is very good at the scheme? O:

I said this because the impression I got from Random was that it was no big deal to want to join ea for that reason. Since that's clearly not how it is, let me reiterate that I will participate in other ea activities, and I love elite as you should all well know. Just because I like inter more doesn't mean I'm ineligible, I mean there are people in both b2b and ea for example.

Since there's some question about how greedy I am, I'm fine with either not being allowed to play the cup for money, or just not being allowed to play. So please reconsider letting me in  ;0

Offline SPW

« Reply #276 on: June 05, 2012, 11:34 PM »
If you would talk like that from the beginning, it would change a lot in my opinion. But your request was just short and disrespectful looking for me. And you said, you just wanna join cause of eac and not for community or scheme or anything around ea. It was honest by you, but imo dumb either. Why you even said this? It was like an own goal.

Well, I dont have a problem if ea-members wanna think about their vote. The are free to let the private talk coming up again.
And just saying again. If you would talk like that by the request, it prolly coming out to the other side.

By the way: There is no special rule for you. If you're joining ea (and eac after first step), you will have the same condition as everyone. So the winner - doesnt matter if its you or not - gets the $100 and the trophy. And maybe eac 2013 will work with different sponsors, than you are welcome by donating something. But this championship is 100% sponsered by me. :)

Lets see whats coming up next days. ;d

« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2012, 12:02 AM »
SPW, I just got the impression that ea was casual enough to let anyone in if they were interested in any aspect of it. It was a misunderstanding on my part, I do support having higher standards.

« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2012, 06:07 AM »
SPW, Mablak is one of the most respectful players around. The idea of EAC is great and I thought it was supposed to attract people to ea community. I don't join rM community not because I don't like roping, there is just no sense in it, every1 is allowed to play their weekly tournaments. Same with Mablak, I think there is just a big misunderstanding between you.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Ray

« Reply #279 on: June 06, 2012, 03:46 PM »
To be honest, from what I read in the private forums, I got the impression that people did not want you in EAC because that reduces everyone else's chances to win some good money.

Then again, my argument was, that we are not having a poll about EAC, that's EA leadership's decision, not ours. And that sentence:
But honestly, this cup is the only reason I'm joining, [...]
kind of put your application in a bad context. Well, let's see what's gonna cook in our kitchen. :)

Offline avirex

« Reply #280 on: June 06, 2012, 04:32 PM »
i did not want to post here, because then it looks like all of mm is coming to mablaks defense...

but from an outsides perspective, the first thing i thought was "these guys are scared they dont stand a chance to win the money with mablak competing"

then an EA member pretty much confirmed my thoughts, from what he read in the private forums- im not going to mention any names, but i will just clear the air, and say it was not a mm member.

and now, Ray confirms that.

so if you guys are basing your decission on fear, thats lame....

i will have to agree saying he just wants to join for the tourny was not the smartest choice of words, but its clear now that the money is not his motivation, mablak just likes to compete.

i believe you guys sponsor these tournies to promote a high level of skill, and competition in this community, and appeal to higher skill players.

well when you think of a high skilled, highly motivated, competition driven elite player... there may be 5 different names you think of right off the bat... Mablak is without a doubt one of them....

example: mablak has not hardly competed in ANY singles matches on TUS, he is just not motivated to do that, i guess... but when TEL came to tus, who was at the top of the charts??? played possible the most games, and won the 1st season???     the problem is, i think you guys are thinking of that as a bad thing, because you all want to win the money, rather then thinking of it as a good thing that such a skilled played wants to be a part of this community... its a shame-     and then it makes ya think.... whos the greedy one, mablak, or the rest of ya? :D

so maybe you guys should reconsider...  dont be scared;p

Offline Ray

« Reply #281 on: June 06, 2012, 05:01 PM »
Mablak can join EAC, but he has to play with 3 worms and Mole Bomb as super weapon, deal?

Offline Almog

« Reply #282 on: June 06, 2012, 05:45 PM »
why would people be scared losing money if mab said 2nd place will have the money incase he wins?

Offline Crazy

« Reply #283 on: June 06, 2012, 05:48 PM »
Can't lose any money when you haven't put any at stake :P

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #284 on: June 06, 2012, 06:40 PM »
What a bunch of eliteist bullshit. :D Literally.  SPW, you are acting like ea is Shangri-La, and its standards exceed the greatest elite player out there ::)