Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:56 PM

Author Topic: Great Snooper | 3rd chapter  (Read 36032 times)

Offline XanKriegor

Re: Great Snooper | 3rd chapter
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2016, 08:54 AM »
I will try it later, thanks. These crashes-by-disconnecion are annoying as feck.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2016, 02:54 PM »
Yes, unchecking "Load games" helped. Gs stopped to crashing. Btw why we cant load games manually by hitting button Refresh while Loadiing Games is disabled?

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2016, 03:51 PM »

:o  looks cool
but I'd rather see those crashes fixed, cuz not being able to see games is not cool
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:56 PM by WTF-8 »
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2016, 04:09 PM »
GS doesnt crash if your connection is good.

But there is one thing to complain - 1.4.9 highlights a reason of Notificator's sound, for example - i hear the sound, do Alt-Tab to GS, and in few seconds i can see a message in the tray - it was a cpecific word, or a friend came on AG or anything. v 2.1 doesnt do that.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 04:12 PM by XanKriegor »

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2016, 09:41 PM »
Typing stuff into Notificator and then closing the window with either Close or X buttons wipes out all the stuff I typed
geezuz

I'd also like to see GS saving logs every 5 minutes or so instead of waiting to get closed and only then save those damn logs. This way there'd be less logs lost due to crashes and shit.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Tomi

« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2016, 08:02 AM »
I dont want to add such logging system, because it might (not sure about it, and cant test it coz i have ssd) cause little lag on some system every 5 minutes which i think they would not like.

I will look after the notificator problem one weekend, but i thought i fixed it last time.

Edit: ah ye i remember why i did it like that: imaginr a scenario when you edit things in notificator, but you want to undo it, then you can just close the window. To apply changes you should start notificator now. The solution could be a popup message when closing which asks if you would like to save changes.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 08:08 AM by Tomi »

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #156 on: February 23, 2016, 10:49 PM »
How about...

or even this:

_________

Just noticed that Notificator doesn't ignore messages from players in ignore list. This doesn't look like an intentional feature.

_________

one more edit k

Compare the same log viewed from different sources:

Quote from: Great Snooper
7:49:29 gitar: I can't get my freind to join ?
7:49:51 WTF-8`GS2: !can't join
7:49:59 gitar: joined the channel.
7:52:32 gitar: has left the channel.

Quote from: Great Snooper log file
(Channel) 26/02/2016 07:49:29 gitar: I can't get my freind to join ?
(User) 26/02/2016 07:49:51 WTF-8`GS2: !can't join
(Join) 26/02/2016 07:49:59 gitar: joined the channel.
(Channel) 26/02/2016 07:50:28 Help: Can't join a game? Do the seconds tick by but nothing happens? The host of the game you are trying to join may need to change some settings to get it to work. Tell them to look at http://worms2d.info/Hosting to learn how to make their games joinable by others.
(Channel) 26/02/2016 07:50:29 Help: If you can't join any game at all, it's most likely because you haven't updated your game. You can download the latest W:A update from http://wa.team17.com .
(Part) 26/02/2016 07:52:32 gitar: has left the channel.

Quote from: WebSnoop
** gitar ** joined the channel.
gitar> I can't get my freind to join ?
WTF-8`GS2> !can't join
Help> Can't join a game? Do the seconds tick by but nothing happens? The host of the game you are trying to join may need to change some settings to get it to work. Tell them to look at http://worms2d.info/Hosting to learn how to make their games joinable by others.
Help> If you can't join any game at all, it's most likely because you haven't updated your game. You can download the latest W:A update from http://wa.team17.com .
** gitar ** has left the channel.

Not sure what to say...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 12:09 AM by WTF-8 »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2016, 08:53 PM »
Today i was working on Great Snooper. Hopefully I corrected all the bugs reported here (except the ones below) since the last update, but I don't have time and strength to release it yet and I will need 3 more sentences to be translated which I will send the translators in private. When you are done I will release the bug fixes ;)

I haven't implemented logging in x minutes function but I added logging on crash function. So if an error occurs the messages will be logged.

But there is one thing to complain - 1.4.9 highlights a reason of Notificator's sound, for example - i hear the sound, do Alt-Tab to GS, and in few seconds i can see a message in the tray - it was a cpecific word, or a friend came on AG or anything. v 2.1 doesnt do that.

This version just doesn't show the tray popup message when game is on coz it caused lags. But I think we can live with this issue or is it really bad?

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2016, 09:03 PM »
No, it was poping up only after giving a focus to GS.

Ok, translation will be ready tomorrow.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2016, 07:22 PM »
Great Snooper 2.2 is out

If the snooper fails to start the updater then run it (Updater.exe or Updater2.exe) from the installation directory.
If the updater fails, then download portable version and overwrite files.
(Close snooper first in both cases ^^)

Changes:
- German language support by chakkman
- Reset settings bug fixed
- Order bug fixed
- Remember window state feature
- Notificator logic update
- Log messages on crash
- Other bug fixes
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 07:47 PM by Tomi »

Offline biscuits

« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2016, 07:36 PM »
Nice work mate!

If anyone is wondering on how to update - here's what I did... tried restarting GS and it asked me to update, I hit yes but it failed... so instead I just closed out of GS and went to the installation folder and ran Updater.exe and it worked. Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 07:40 PM by biscuits »

good game W:A Steam reviews

courtesy of "gloom" for allowing me to use this signature, it's the best ;)

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2016, 10:27 PM »
Updater.exe killed Great Snooper.exe and refused to ressurect it

Is that some sort of takeover?

Offline Tomi

« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2016, 09:39 AM »
Download portable version and overwrite great snooper.exe. i alwys forget to correct updater :D

Offline Buxnaman

« Reply #163 on: March 19, 2016, 08:36 PM »
Im sorry if this was already discussed but I didn't find it via search.

I have a problem with Great Snooper  :'( and such a great program... anyways...

When I host big maps.. like Big Tower Race or something along those lines what happens is that parts of the map become inaccessible.

Let me clarify. Part of the map can't be teleported to nor can I place worms there in the beginning of the game. This can be very frustrating when players need to start on "start" and can't do so.

This has happened many times and is not a map or a scheme thing. Recently I isolated the problem - Great Snooper. When I host the same map without the snooper everything is fine, but if I use it this bug happens. I'm using 2.1 version. Maybe someone figured a way around this?

Again I'm sorry if this was discussed already and thank you all for your time.
Great Snooper starts the game with the parameters required for hosting and nothing else, so this sounds a little interesting. I suggest you to open a topic about this in Tech Support forum, where the actual developers of w:a may answer this question, since I think I cant. Or with great snooper you can join #worms channel and there you can ask for help from StepS, CyberShadow or Deadcode. Or just use great snooper to start w:a and create the host from the game :o

What operating system do you use btw?

I'm using win10. This happened on any very big map. Every and each one. Specifically the bottom of the map gut cut of. What was strange is that you could walk there just couldn't  teleport or anything "click-wise". And that's not just me, but every player in the game I hosted. If others hosted those maps and I joined it was fine. It happened enough times for me to realize it's the bottom of the big maps and when I wanted to play something offline I didn't use the snooper and it didn't happen.

I thought that this was maybe a known issue when I posted it first. Since it was only me I took some time to reply. Now I tried reproducing this bug(v2.2) so I could give you a specific map this happens on(I usually loaded random one from wmdb). This time everything worked fine. I am sure I wasn't on drugs. At least not on any hallucinogenic ones. At least not every time. And you saying this bug of mine makes no sense f@#!s with my head.

Edit: Can you tell which options does Snooper use when running WA.EXE(run as an administrator, compatibility etc)? I'm asking because my friend sometimes looses all audio in a game(rarely thou) and if game is alt-tabbed when this happens you can't tab back. This used to happen to me but doesn't anymore and I think it stopped when I started using snooper. He won't use it because he's a stubborn bitch. Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 08:53 PM by Buxnaman »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2016, 06:52 PM »
hm I don't know what I have changed this time, but i am glad that it works for you now.

The snooper starts wa in normal (not administrator mode). As far as I know wa doesn't like running in administrator mode. Btw such errors can happen if you (or your friend) installed wa in program files folder and you are not admin user in windows. WA writes things in its folter (User folder) which is not possible in program files unless you run the game with admin rights.. -> solution: reinstall wa not in program files.