Forums
April 28, 2024, 10:11 AM

Author Topic: Great Snooper | 3rd chapter  (Read 36003 times)

Online Sensei

Re: Great Snooper | 3rd chapter
« Reply #165 on: March 31, 2016, 04:09 PM »
I'm thinking to downgrade snoop on 1.49. Afaik, that one was the most stable.
2.2 crashes a lot for no reason. Dunno if previous versions could do this but: when, for example, my net drops - snooper goes down. When net comes back few seconds after, GS can't retrieve itself. So i need to close it, and then start it again with other nickname. And, what's most important - noticed there are no saved chats after drop. Lost some important msgs few days ago when snooper crashed.

Is this somehow fixable or downgrade would be best option? Cause i really can't remember this stuff happened back then.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #166 on: March 31, 2016, 04:12 PM »
GS tends to crash with bad or too slow connection. I have good inet now - not a single crash happened.

Online Sensei

« Reply #167 on: March 31, 2016, 04:17 PM »
It's not the connectivity issue. Pls screenshot me your GS settings page and send on skype.
There might  be solution for this.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #168 on: March 31, 2016, 04:47 PM »
Read above, Load Games option is the reason of, at least, our crashes.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #169 on: March 31, 2016, 11:23 PM »
when, for example, my net drops - snooper goes down. When net comes back few seconds after, GS can't retrieve itself. So i need to close it, and then start it again with other nickname.
Sounds like that problem I have with #worms channel.  Sometimes GS simply fails to reconnect to it and loops forever, this usually happens after a long connection loss. No idea how to fix this.

Pls screenshot me your GS settings page

Tomi, how about an update to GS' system requirements list? "you must have at least 10 Mb/s stable internet connection"
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Online Sensei

« Reply #170 on: March 31, 2016, 11:33 PM »
Nah, I don't want to uncheck "load games" box. Snooper would lost it's purpose if you can't see/join hosted games.
Returned on v1.5 (beta). Still had it in pc so decided to give it a try. If it will reduce crashing, gonna stick with the old version!

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2016, 01:05 AM »
1.3.1 doesn't crash on disconnect, maybe give it a try?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Tomi

« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2016, 08:52 AM »
Did you trx new version? (2.2)

Btw i cant fix your issues like this.. when i develop everyone is in silence.. after i release then you comment.. let me know if anyone of you are up for helping to find out this bug as a tester and then we can fix it.. now i just modify somethimg and hope that it will work on your system
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:49 AM by Tomi »

Online Sensei

« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2016, 12:41 PM »
Hmm, I write here whenever there's some kind of a bug or problem with snooper.
Didn't experience any until 2.2 version.

Tested 1.5 (beta): disconnected from network and connected again. It managed to retrieve itself and saved chat. Practically all I needed, so, gonna stick to this one.
Can't host games tho, but it's better to host it with actual .exe file of the game anyway.

Online Sensei

« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2016, 06:15 PM »
Btw Tomi, crash happened 2 times in 2 days for the same reason: group chat.

I've made it with Xan and Spoon. Today Spoon and me both crashed after 1st message in group chat.
Can't remember what happened yesterday, but probably same thing.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #175 on: April 09, 2016, 09:08 AM »
Sometimes when I get a pm i get the sound but no msg appears. After a few msg's it sometimes does appear and I see all the previous msg's

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #176 on: April 09, 2016, 11:42 AM »
>  and I see all the previous msg's
Like this?

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #177 on: April 10, 2016, 02:10 AM »
No the players name that pmed me appears I click and see the last few msgs they already sent me that I recieved a sound but didn't not see the player name appear

Offline Tomi

« Reply #178 on: April 10, 2016, 07:49 AM »
Btw i cant fix your issues like this.. when i develop everyone is in silence.. after i release then you comment.. let me know if anyone of you are up for helping to find out this bug as a tester and then we can fix it.. now i just modify somethimg and hope that it will work on your system

Is energy save mode enabled for you?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 07:55 AM by Tomi »

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #179 on: April 10, 2016, 08:40 AM »
Yes

edit - Just happened again with energy mode disabled
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 08:53 AM by Rabbit »