Forums
December 06, 2019, 12:50 AM

Author Topic: Worms Armageddon High Quality Music Pack  (Read 466 times)

Offline The_Brickster

Worms Armageddon High Quality Music Pack
« on: September 25, 2018, 08:32 PM »
DISCLAIMER: All music files here are ripped from the console version's of Worms Armageddon, and are not ripped from the composers website. Adding this here, since people have accused me of this in the past.

Hello everyone! Today, I present to you a High Quality Music Pack, designed for use with the PC Version of Worms Armageddon.

The old music files in the PC version were bothering me, since they were significantly worse quality than the console ports of the game, so with some tools, and loads of time and patience, a pack was created to replace the music in the stock PC version, with those High Quality console versions.

The pack itself is made up of a few sources:

Worms Armageddon (Dreamcast), which had pretty much all of the music tracks that were needed, except for 2 tracks.

Worms World Party (Dreamcast), which had suddendeath1-loop, a track that was oddly missing on the Dreamcast version of Armageddon.

Worms Armageddon (PS1), which had the best quality version of Stats that I could get access to.

Worms Armageddon (PC), which was the only version to have the "new" music files.

And I used the following tools to make this all possible:

GDIExplorer: To view the GDI dumps of the Dreamcast Worms games, and rip the audio from their GD Audio Tracks.

JPSXDec: Used for ripping the PS1 music to WAV.

Audacity: To split the music files of Worms Armageddon (Dreamcast), since the music was often clumped together in one long stream of audio.

IZotope RX7: To attempt to cleanup the "new" files.

With all the technical info out of the way, you can download the pack from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_dzYU3GeAduJ5uUxCFFXo-fNQymhkvjC

Make sure to read the read me in the archive, to understand how to install the pack.

With all of that out of the way, I hope you all enjoy this pack!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 11:22 PM by The_Brickster »

Offline Thewolensheep

Re: Worms Armageddon High Quality Music Pack
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 11:15 PM »
Oh, and, incase you wonder, I am aware that ingame-09-hell cuts off a tiny bit at the end. It was like this in both Dreamcast games, so perhaps this is another track that could be sourced from the soundtrack on Bjørn Lynne's website.
The PS1 Version has the whole ngame-09-hell and is in HQ.

Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline The_Brickster

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 11:45 PM »
I am aware of this, and may perhaps splice that small bit into the Dreamcast Track, as the Dreamcast track is overall higher quality, but the ps1 does indeed have that one tiny bit at the end that is oddly cut out of the Dreamcast track.

Offline maaR

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 07:52 PM »

Offline The_Brickster

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 11:16 PM »
The link to the pack has finally been fixed, and the pack has been slightly updated since the time it was last up!

Check out the post for the latest download link.