Forums
April 28, 2024, 04:52 PM

Author Topic: Autumn/Winter for Gaming is awesome! Personal Top5.  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Anubis

Autumn/Winter for Gaming is awesome! Personal Top5.
« on: September 05, 2011, 06:02 PM »
So I was replying to the BF3 thread and kinda thought I wanted to put my top 5 of most anticipated games for Autumn/Winter.

1.: NBA 2k12: I own the 2k11 version and it was already near perfect, it's the most amazing NBA series you would ever get, beat NBA live years ago already and still improves with each sequel
2.: F1 2011: I own F1 2010 and it's by far the best racing game 2010 and the new sequel will just be as good with lots of community demanded features
3.: The Elder Scrolls, Skyrim: What do I need to tell you about this game, if you don't know what it is go google it damnit or you may miss out on one of the greatest graphical and gameplay-wise diamonds of modern gaming!
4.: Sword of the Stars 2: I don't own the first game but I love 4X (expand, explore, exploit and exterminate) genre a lot. It kinda reminds me of Total War in Space and since I am more of a Science Fiction guy this one is definitely going to be bought.
5.: Dead Island: Survival Horror with massive amount of gore and blood, some RPG elements and open world feel. Already pre-ordered and is coming this week, can't wait for the co-op!

What are you waiting on the most?

Edit: I just figured that all besides Sword of the Stars 2 are also coming out for consoles, so I changed the title to a more general topic instead of PC-specific xD

Offline angus

Re: Autumn/Winter for Gaming is awesome! Personal Top5.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 06:07 PM »
SKYRIM! I think i will totally lose my social life when that game come out.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 09:06 PM »
So I was replying to the BF3 thread and kinda thought I wanted to put my top 5 of most anticipated games for Autumn/Winter.

1.: NBA 2k12: I own the 2k11 version and it was already near perfect, it's the most amazing NBA series you would ever get, beat NBA live years ago already and still improves with each sequel
2.: F1 2011: I own F1 2010 and it's by far the best racing game 2010 and the new sequel will just be as good with lots of community demanded features
3.: The Elder Scrolls, Skyrim: What do I need to tell you about this game, if you don't know what it is go google it damnit or you may miss out on one of the greatest graphical and gameplay-wise diamonds of modern gaming!
4.: Sword of the Stars 2: I don't own the first game but I love 4X (expand, explore, exploit and exterminate) genre a lot. It kinda reminds me of Total War in Space and since I am more of a Science Fiction guy this one is definitely going to be bought.
5.: Dead Island: Survival Horror with massive amount of gore and blood, some RPG elements and open world feel. Already pre-ordered and is coming this week, can't wait for the co-op!

Edit: I just figured that all besides Sword of the Stars 2 are also coming out for consoles, so I changed the title to a more general topic instead of PC-specific xD
let me know how dead island is anus.  I  was thinking of getting that.  Im def getting NBA 2k12!  Loved 11 so legends mode is gonna be great.

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 09:12 PM »
Kinda hard to think of 5.. definitely waiting for Uncharted 3 and Trackmania Canyon though.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 11:29 PM »

let me know how dead island is anus.  I  was thinking of getting that.  Im def getting NBA 2k12!  Loved 11 so legends mode is gonna be great.

Sure I will probably do a review once I played through it with my mate. It's approximately 20 hours of pure story gameplay, but if you do everything with side-missions etc., well over estimated 100hours+. :)

And well yeah, NBA 2k12 if you played 2k11 you will just know that it owns. It's one of these games that can't ever fail. I just hope that they distribute patches evenly. In 2k11 I had to wait 3 months until a PC patch came out which console got a lot earlier. -.-

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 08:44 AM »
Rofl Anubis, you're a NBA 2K player?
2k11 is the game I've played most last year. I have so many association and my player saves it's not even funny
can't wait for 2k12
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 09:18 AM »
2k11 is the game I've played most last year. I have so many association and my player saves it's not even funny
can't wait for 2k12
I got annoyed with the myplayer saves on xbox.  People were hacking their players on the computer and then injecting them into memory cards for xbox.  I played against several 8' point gaurds with max speed.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 09:30 AM »
can't wait for 2k12
I got annoyed with the myplayer saves on xbox.  People were hacking their players on the computer and then injecting them into memory cards for xbox.  I played against several 8' point gaurds with max speed.
Yeah I never played online, it sucks too much. Only single player and hotseat.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 02:51 PM »
Im gonna have a ps3 from october, so looking forward to catching up on my console games. Cant wait for ssx deadly decents, wanna play god of war 3 badly too as its one of my favourite console series.
worm and learn

Offline Anubis

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 03:41 PM »
Yeah ropa! :D

I only did very few online games. And enjoyed myPlayer the most, so that's what I will do at the beginning.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 03:49 PM »
Yeah ropa! :D

I only did very few online games. And enjoyed myPlayer the most, so that's what I will do at the beginning.

my player does get boring though, once you figure out all the little tricks.
Like leaving your man a bit open so he went into shoot animation and then blocking him with your high vertical stat etc

I'm something like 30/20/8 with my Center on 4 minute quarters.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 03:50 PM »
And enjoyed myPlayer the most, so that's what I will do at the beginning.
The press conferences were a nice touch, I thought.  Loved getting my own shoe deal with jordan.

Also: wonder if this guy is gonna be in the new game:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 04:40 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 05:08 PM »
The press conference annoyed me the most lol!
Remember before the patch when the coach was constantly leaving and joining so every 2nd game you had to answer the same question over and over again. I got it on release date dunno about you but that bug was so f@#!ing awful. >:(

And yeah ropa, once you mastered the little tricks (for example Dribbling drill course is a 100% guarantee for Gold) and basically you could go A+ in the first 5-6 minutes just by making On/Off Ball screens, imo Def-Center was the easiest position to get A+. PG being a little bit harder than the other and SG/SF and PF somewhere in between. Just my experience. :)

Btw: They are adding a lot of great new features like:

Total Shot Stick Control – All IsoMotion offensive moves are now mapped to the right analog stick, providing for more intuitive control than ever before.
New Post Play System – Become a force to be reckoned with in the post via full 360 degree player movement, an innovative defensive counter system and a whole new arsenal of moves such as drives, step-backs, and aggressive back downs. Plus moves can now be queued ahead of time and combined together allowing you to dominate the paint in true big man fashion.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 05:16 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 05:51 PM »
ricky will be, he's with the timberwolves, also watch 2K give him stupid ratings (he sucks IRL)
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Breeze

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 11:58 AM »
Dead island was pretty good.
Completed it in 1 day though.