Forums
May 04, 2024, 07:05 PM

Author Topic: Dark Souls II interest check  (Read 8129 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Dark Souls II interest check
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2014, 12:54 PM »
Assuming that understanding the game mechanics is the mere basics at becoming good at the game and that you and your friend ignore plenty, yes, you're casuals, regardless of how many casual action games on extreme (unfair, not hard) you've played.

As for the rest, I don't care what you're trying to tell me, this is the typical argument timeline here at TUS, or any other forum for that matter.

I made the claim that dark souls takes more gameplay skill than monster hunter, because simply put, MH is a button smashing JRPG that pretends to play like an action game but doesn't, once you're down to the core.

You then started talking about farming mats and getting gear which I consider preparation and not actual gameplay skill.

Now you're talking about innovation

Next thing we know you'll be talking about the graphics.

You don't see me making medicine analysis do you? So why would you insist in doing so when you're a casual beyond all doubt?

I'm betting my TUS account I'd beat you and your casual friend 2v1 using no magic or consumables, just a sword and a dagger. Just in hopes you stop with the worms analogies and looking like a complete an utter fool. The only draw back of this all is your unjustified ego that won't let you enjoy as game because you think giving up to my more realistic insight would mean losing an argument about the only thing you're good at, so you rather take a very accurate statement I made and talk about everything in the world, if only to find a way out that would mean you were right all along, and that all these years invested in gaming at least give you something in return - the ilusion of being right in a message board.

My TUS account is still up for grabs if you ever feel ready to prove your big talk and make use of all that experience playing God of War on hard mode. Haha.

So you don't care about arguments others make and just try to impolitely brute force your points. That's commonly known here on TUS and probably every other forum you frequent. You might have played DS exclusively the past 2 or 3 years? So now that I think what you experience in DS can be experienced in mostly every other game you go crazy, okay np with that, you have to make sure everyone around you knows that you spend the time on a game that's so perfect and awesome with all new, unique combat mechanics that have never happened before. Though I would be surprised if you have clocked over 1k hours on the Souls series.

This is what you said:
Monster Hunter combat system has nothing on Dark Souls
And I disagreed on that knowing that the combat system is basically the same like in any other Action game, yet you ignore my initial statement. I don't care what you deem casual or hardcore, it does not even matter in this discussion to make accurate statements about it's mechanics. Mechanically all the games that I named are the same.

The only one switching topics right and left, are you, ropa. You bring in casual gaming, insults, TUS, PvP. Like wtf has that to do with your and my standpoint?

You even could be a better gamer than me. Though logically it's very unlikely since the game we both played for years I have surpassed you. It was a casual game, right? :D

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2014, 01:14 PM »
You've always been better than worms, but hey, just barely in stretches... and I still carried you to multiple league titles  8)

I'm still waiting to beat you and your friend 2 on 1 though. You can continue with the flame war if you want, it's reached the point where there's too much for me to lazily keep up with, my duel proposition still stands, if only because whoever wins at the game clearly wins at the argument... that's your point, right?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline taner

« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2014, 01:45 PM »
You've always been better than worms, but hey, just barely in stretches... and I still carried you to multiple league titles  8)

I'm still waiting to beat you and your friend 2 on 1 though. You can continue with the flame war if you want, it's reached the point where there's too much for me to lazily keep up with, my duel proposition still stands, if only because whoever wins at the game clearly wins at the argument... that's your point, right?

calm down warrior

Offline Anubis

« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2014, 02:04 PM »
Sometimes it's good to have an independent opinion about a topic. So funnily enough while I was watching Tornis he started to talk about Dark Souls 2, here's what he had to say about this:

http://www.twitch.tv/tornis/b/526069217

At around 1:00:43

"Well I played the first Dark Souls, the game is about correct timing when you battle.. well it's all about the timings, dodges and all that in the battle systems. And that's it." (What I was telling you)

"It's pretty much the same feeling as I was experiencing Witcher 2 (another casual action game!) prior to the patches when the battle systems was really arcade-ish, and really depending on the timings. Its not something I would call, you know, super hard for myself. Since I have reactions. (Wow, after 20+ years of gaming I have acquired reactions as well, ropa) I need something different though, where my brain is also being challenged. Because I don't want to become like an idiot. (lmao)

So yeah, famous russian hardcore gamer, german hardcore gamer tell you DS is not special, require basic arcade-ish reactions which can be found in every action game. Just because it took your months to learn a simple action game does not make you good at gaming, if anything it made you look like a fool thinking DS has the hardest combat system on earth.

That's all I have to say, if you wanna PvP learn a game that is not based around a simple console controller that has 8 buttons to press. Learn games that require twitch skills like a shooter or if you don't like shooting people learn to play games such as Chivalry or War of the Vikings.

Offline Husk

« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2014, 02:11 PM »
what about wow or LoL? o_O

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2014, 02:13 PM »
that casul is only talking about pve and is clearly casual

I'd probably beat your friend, you and him in a 3v1.

surely if it's all only reflexes you should easily beat me

you continue drawing casul analogies and echoing arguments from more casuls, whatever it takes to ignore my challenge i guess

bonus: here's an actal written piece from a respectful writter and not some idol of yours that streams from his basement
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/02/dogs-and-definitions-unpacking-the-difficulty-of-dark-souls/

bonus 2: dark souls idol
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/04/01/is-dark-souls-a-100-hour-waste-of-time/

of course this is all about the PVE, where skill becomes irrelevant, like in most games, with enough knowledge (cookie cutter builds, cheese strategies, MAGIC). This is why you can overcome skill with mundane things, like memory, a great analogy to the biggest flaw of an education based on an ages old industry.
That goes away in PVP, where knowledge only gets you so far, you need capacity of reaction, you need to be able to think, act, and react to a constantly changing enviroment that is completetly new to you. That's where the real gameplay skill of dark souls shines, that's where I beat you and all your friends alone having worse gear and stats. That's why Dark Souls is a RPG that takes actual skill, and Monster Hunter and such are all grind and preparation, like your beloved MMOs.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:22 PM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2014, 02:24 PM »
Okay now we are trolling.  :D

Stop with this shitty RPG PvP, if you wanna PVP play games that are completely targeted as such. I don't give a f@#! about WoW PvP, DS PvP or MH PvP if it existed. RPGs are not suited for real eSports PVP just a fun side activity in the game itself. Hell even Worms "PvP" is more serious than any RPG.

You wanna PvP? Learn the games that have at least a decent amount of eSports compatibility. Even Worms has that.

You probably love DS PvP so much because it's filled with PvE players that have no idea about PvP and thus you "pwning" them is what gets you going. Continue to do so and wreck those noobs all day, you certainly are among the greatest PvP players. It's like you feel so proud at being good at something that no real PvPer takes serious anyway, lol.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:35 PM by Anubis »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2014, 02:37 PM »
you will have to eventually face the fact that you're a casual.

and that streamrolling through RPGs with cookie cutter builds or raiding in modern WoW is not changing that a bit

as a casual, you enjoy playing games at your pace, reading guides and overcoming feats by being overprepared. Knowing you're ultimately facing a NPC that you can outwit (most of the time).

As a casual, PVP is out of bonds for you as the adrenaline rush and most imporant, the fear of losing overcomes your curiosity of trying. You chose to make things taboo in your life based on imaginary prejudices you build up in order to (worst of all), enjoy playing games.

Here's a video that might help you:

Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2014, 02:45 PM »
lol ropa, you are really on the losing side of this discussion. How many serious gamers do you know that would say wow DS best PvP game. What's dota, CS, CoD, SC2... let's go DS2 with it's awesome PvP matchmaking and skillful gameplay hell yeah it's so good you can earn 0$ by playing it. Surely there is the epicenter of pvp pros. Laughable, you have no idea about pvp ropa. Have you actually ever participated in a real pvp tournament with actual price money? Thought so. Noob!

3/4th of the moves in DS can be done in Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time. hahaha
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:48 PM by Anubis »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2014, 02:52 PM »
what a dumb question to make

how many harp users top the radio charts or lead in cd sales?

i've been platino since s2 in LoL not sure if the #1 esports game counts though. And yes, LoL takes quite a bit of skill, both in gameplay and in preparation. But it's mostly mechanical skill, one you learn and make automatic by sheer repetition. Dark Souls PVP is much more punishing but LoL is still much harder than Zelda, on all accounts.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:55 PM by Aerox »
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2014, 02:56 PM »
Get it over with already, contact MI to put me on ignore. And after 1 month you unblock me and crawl back to me and I will pet you like last time. :)

You are still my friend though, I like you, nothing will change that.  :-*

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2014, 03:00 PM »
i blocked you because you insisted on being a d3 casual

fast forward later you were doing all the things you said you wouldn't

i don't like you one bit i just comply to the fact we go back
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2014, 03:19 PM »
I just realized that you are the casual, you have 187hours on DS1 and 22 Hours on DS2 on Steam + the 100 Hours you told me 2 years ago on DS1 PS3 via PM on TUS.. wow you played DS1 around 300 hours... you know that's nothing? What a joke of a realization I thought you were actually playing. I am disappointed and want my time back discussing with you.

Btw this is your description of DS:

"It's a mix between rpg / action (casual) game with a mega hard ("hard") difficulty and it's all about abusing the game logic to become powerful and shit."

Abusing game logic is so suited for PvP indeed.

Also what I have noticed when you are not giving much thought into your postings you stop using proper punctuation and just write out of your ass, even Komodo used proper punctuation when he was mad.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:26 PM by Anubis »

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2014, 05:08 PM »
so if I tell you you're wrong with all your assumptions, like ignoring DS2 is also out on the PS3 and that I'm not mad you'd come with more bullshits in hope you're right about game dogma just because you misunderstood  that gameplay didn't involve the strategy in grinding and preparing and managed to drag it all to the point now you either want a pat in the back or the last word: you can have both.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2014, 05:25 PM »
relax, you both are non professional gamers => casual players xD

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win