Forums
May 14, 2024, 04:23 PM

Author Topic: Dj Max Trilogy  (Read 15650 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Dj Max Trilogy
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 02:13 PM »
Actually I meant Amazing Difficulty not Expert, I play Frets on Fire which has an additional level.

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 05:56 PM »
This is a game that would suit you Kai.  The top levels are seriously insane and I've encountered places where my tap speed lets me down.

I played frets of fire too and I played many other music\bemani games.  This is definitely the most skill intensive and satisfying to play. 

Deset summed it up nicely and amusingly.  Glad you're having fun.

You unlocked 7 key already.  You must have been playing it a lot!  You got any SSS ratings yet?

Offline Anubis

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 06:36 PM »
I played it few years ago and the worst part of it is the music, I don't play stupid pop or rock songs on Frets on Fire. ^^
If I can't enjoy the music there is little sense to play a music-based game.

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 07:32 PM »
I played it few years ago and the worst part of it is the music, I don't play stupid pop or rock songs on Frets on Fire. ^^
If I can't enjoy the music there is little sense to play a music-based game.

Ah true.  I really like the music, there are dozens of songs that I could literally never tire of.

In this version there are 127 songs covering all genres.  There are some very heavy songs but not many.

Maybe only 5% of the songs in Dj Max would appeal to you.....freak lol.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 11:02 PM »
I just happen to like certain music, nothing freaky about it. I don't go around telling my mate that listens all day to rap that he's a freak. ;)

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 08:08 AM »
Nah, course not.  Was only joking :-)

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 07:50 AM »
Deset summed it up nicely and amusingly.  Glad you're having fun.

You unlocked 7 key already.  You must have been playing it a lot!  You got any SSS ratings yet?

hola, I'm inactive from worms atm as well heh.

Yeh, I unlocked 8-key pieces but still working on my 6-key to make it good. Up to lvl 12 6-key is fine (rating C-A) but there are the 4-key pieces that kick your ass sometimes :P

This mostly because I am not yet used to the 4x speed in all pieces, its simply impossible for me to follow that and afterwards expect a 5x MULTIPLIER which increases the speed further during the song.

So far I got SSS in 20-or-so songs, mostly 4-key ones, some 5-key and 6-key ones. Seriously though, the Missions are damn cruel! I've done some lvl 15 but there are some lvl 4-7 that I cant do :P

Conclusion: no non-robotic life form can really complain about lack of challenge with this game heh. Also, some songs are indeed too koreo-japanesy for me. Some ridiculous duck songs for example :P I like some latin-type and metal though.

PS: Mr John sir, I got a few q's though. I am still running the game in Korean, which is fine (some amusing English to be found for sure), but it simply says nothing about the equipment and their stats (auto, tech, def, fever etc) and all I do is think, "more expensive = better" and thats about it! Kinda annoying so could you please post somethings about these mofos?  Everything I've learned about the game is by trial and error (took me a while to realise there are more than one streak multiplier levels and let alone how these things seem to vanish for no reason :P) but I feel these stats could make a huge difference since some new Notes, Equipment and Characters have given me a whole new level of precision now. Thanks ya :)

PS2: I saw in your video some "chords" you were hitting and I'm pretty sure you're tapping differently than me in the 5-key setup, e.g. you use both hands for the middle button. Either that, or you have much more  independent movement with your fingers than I do :) Bottom line, I use my right hand to press the middle button and naturally I think this reduces my speed with the remaining 2 fingers when tough combos etc are needed and I just wanna see how you do it since you're at least a few notches more advanced than me heh

PS3: you're keeping me off worms atm  :P
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:27 AM by Desetroyah »

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 03:24 PM »
Also, for all you communists out there, there's the new Dj Marx, which is so addictive that once you start there's no Lenin go!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 03:34 PM by Desetroyah »

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 05:17 PM »
Did you get the Dj Max Launcher that was in the folder I sent you?

With that you can change the game to English as well as change the resolution and turn off vertical sync although I'm sure that's off anyway because worms requires it.

Because I have a keylock keyboard my 5 key set up is E D (space) G H.  So the left hand side is in a kinda vertical line and the right hand side is a horizontal one.  I use W for the fever button for 5 key.  I haven't found anything else which I'm really comfortable with.  The original Dj Max never had the fever bar so it was all a bit weird at first.   I like having the space bar as the centre note for both 5 and 7 key.  For 4 key I use ED GH with space as my fever.  On 7 key I use SDF (space) JKL with X as my fever button but that is really annoying me as I get keylock conflicts.  8 key also produces these conflicts so I think I need a new keyboard!

There is no ingame explanation for the various stat increases offered by the various gears and notes etc.

Tech is the one you really wanna go for though because it increases your accuracy so you get more 100% notes.  I have a +5 tech gear, a +3 tech note and a +3 tech character which means I can mistime slightly but still be given 100% max on a note.

The fever bar fills up when you get 100% max notes and when it reaches the top you can activate x2,3,4 and 5.  As soon as you activate fever the bar will slowly disappear so you must fill it up quickly or else it will disappear and you'll have to start again.  Missing a single note during a fever will pretty much f@#! up your chance of keeping it going.  Getting some 90% and 80% notes will make the fever bar reduce quicker but you should still be able fill it up in time.

Getting +fever on your stats will help you fill the fever bar up quicker which gives you more room for error.

Getting 5x fever is essential for score based missions.  You really do get a massive score for keeping x5 for the majority of the song.

+auto means that you can completely miss a note but instead of losing your combo, you will just be given 1% for the note you missed and the combo will continue.  Get +8 auto means you can miss 8 notes during a song before the notes will count as actual misses and stop your combo.

Spec on your gear is just the size of the energy bar.

Defub is how much your gear's energy bar will replenish itself.

------------

Choosing the speed of the song is a tough one.  Obviously the notes start falling faster once you get up to x4 x5 so you might wanna start off a bit slower to accomodate for the speed increase.

You can also use F3 and F4 in game to speed up and slow down the notes.  You know when the very first note falls down to start your fever.  I use this to test the speed and then quickly press F3 or F4 so get the speed how I want it.

You can't change the speed using the F keys whilst you're in a fever but you can at any other time.

Hope this helps.  Any favorite songs so far?

Any songs that you unlock will appear in Stage mode.  Then once you play them in stage mode they will appear in free mode.  

Any more questions then let me know man.

Oh and I've uploaded the whole unlock list for Dj Max Trilogy.  It is a great resource for finding out how to unlock all the songs.  And you're right about the missions.  Some of the low level ones are really evil and some of the harder ones are passable.

Now I've got tonnes of gears and stuff I can choose different gear for different missions.  Like ones which require combos I might wanna put on a gear with +auto.  Ones for score I might wanna do fever/tech.  It's quite cool to mix and match.

Here is the link to the unlock list.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/QlVqRE9sSWhBNkZ2Zk1UQw
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:23 PM by Cueshark »

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 12:22 PM »
aha, thanks for that list, although its not like I wouldn't keep on playing to see how many and what songs can be unlocked heh.

About your key setup: its f@#!ed xd its amazing you set such disparate key setup and so different from 4 to 5 to 6 etc.

I'm still trying to get better at the 6key setup and have neglected 7 and 8key atm.

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 06:06 PM »
aha, thanks for that list, although its not like I wouldn't keep on playing to see how many and what songs can be unlocked heh.

About your key setup: its f@#!ed xd its amazing you set such disparate key setup and so different from 4 to 5 to 6 etc.

I'm still trying to get better at the 6key setup and have neglected 7 and 8key atm.

Yeah, fair enough.  8 key took me quite a while to get the hang of.  Was pretty hard at first. 

But now I'm as good as this guy.....NOT!

All I can say is WTF.  Doing the final mission is no easy task.  What a psycho.  Obviously Asian!

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 06:56 PM »
Well guys, this video is the gg statement from Korea, the same song the other guy finished, they finish it in "blind" mode, where you have to memorise the notes and play them without any being displayed, so yeh...gg.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 06:58 PM by Desetroyah »

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 12:33 AM »
There's stuff I just played in 6key :)

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 12:58 AM »
Nice man, that's pretty awesome for having only downloaded the game a month or two ago..

Here are mine.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/QlVpQmtRaFJtNElLSk5Vag

Other wormers should get this game.  Deset will tell you what it does for taps!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 01:28 AM »
I played something like this before, but it's really boring for me compared to the original footpad DDR.

I know the stereotype that Koreans are just insane at computer games, but, you wanna know the really weird freaky thing about it?

American geeks - Fat useless ugly bastards.

British geeks - A mix of fat useless ugly bastards, and skinny average looking but annoying and boring spectacle wearing mother f@#!ers.

Korean geeks - Good looking, got the windswept jet black hair and the beautiful girls by their sides, they are f@#!ing heroes.

Where the hell did the rest of the world go, I shoulda been Korean :(