Forums
May 03, 2024, 03:38 AM

Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 12415 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: Hearthstone
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2015, 04:18 PM »
Good tutorial HHC! I will try out your deck soon, I am generally pretty unlucky with getting elf cards though, not a single good green elf card for me yet. Still owning the hard AI pretty hard with my deck. Maybe we should make a new Magic Duels thread? I suppose not many will play it anyway(from worms), it is indeed less newbie friendly but also a lot more fun to me at the same time. :) I can already tell you though, if you HATE RNG and random effects in Hearthstone, come to Magic Duels, this cardgame has a LOOOOOT less of that, and it feels more skilled too, you have to anticipate more and do more complex math since the blocker can decide what he blocks. You can essentially build traps lol, or even bluffs like in Poker. :D

My general opinion on lands is that the ones that come in tapped are not good for rush decks, you NEED the mana every turn early on to build up pressure. I have had many turns where I wished "omg if it only was a normal land". Hence I removed all 4 lands that come in tapped and only kept the 2 special lands that come in untapped if you own land x/y. Much better mulligans this way. The early mixed decks generally use only 1 specific type of a land anyway, so that you can get away with just 1 forest and 3 swamp for example.

What I like about green/white is the insane value of flight buffs from white and good early minions (the 2 mana 2/2 that buffs +1/1 for a turn) and the 1 mana 2/1 which enhances your early rush on turn 1. I felt like playing a 1 drop is essential in these types of decks, so having more of them felt like a big difference in rushing the AI down. The white flight buff can only be countered by another flight creature, which you counter with your green elfs that can shoot down flying for free, it's a counter to a counter lol, pretty neat. Also flight often won me games because AI started to build a board and could only fly above the blockers. :D

Wildsize is probably the highest value card for green imo, you kill a card you deal damage to opponent (usually) and you draw a card, it's 99% of the times a two for one situation which is what you want early on to keep your board attacking face.

I am too lazy to post my list though, and I feel like HHC is the only interested in this anyway, lol.

P.S.: HHC, reset is at midnight, did the 400 gold cap yesterday night again. :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:20 PM by Anubis »

« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2015, 01:45 PM »
Decent news http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/968-new-card-reveals-from-gamescom-new-mechanic-joust

Finally some physical rewards for climbing ladder. Now they just have to remake the whole ladder system for a legit one and rebalance gold gains to consider game lenght or something :)
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Anubis

« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2015, 03:35 AM »
I saw a screenshot of a rank 5 treasure chest. It had 3 golden cards, a cardback and 5 dust.

« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2015, 08:56 AM »
Yep its not going to be much i bet, least all these rewarded cards are golden, and apparently the amount doesnt improve past rank 5.

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2015, 06:22 PM »
My first TGT pack, I dont even...

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline HHC

« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2015, 08:34 PM »
Least u started with a leggie  :)

I had only 1 rare card in 7 packs  :-[

*back to mtg goes*

« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2015, 09:07 PM »
3 legendaries (2 playable), 12 epics and about 1500 dust for getting rid of crap and duplicates. Good deal considering how unlucky you could be

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline SPW

« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2015, 03:05 PM »
Some of you bought a set yesterday with 5 extra packs? Obv it was a mess from blizz. You could order as many sets as you want. In the mean time, its iixed. But all those pre-purchaser got rek'd, so me. But tbh, I dont care and I am happy with all those lucky guys.

I didnt buy that set for about €3 with 7 instead of 2 packs. What a fail from blizz.  :D

Offline darKz

« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2015, 11:43 PM »
3 legends (also 2 playable), about 10 epics and only ~600 dust, didn't get as many rare duplicates. I'm still not sure what to build with that shit though. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Marko

• What is custom title lol

• Croatia Croatia
  • HCP HCP clan

• Heart wants what the heart wants
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2015, 10:02 PM »
Just got Tinkmaster Overspark :D