Forums
May 12, 2024, 01:34 AM

Author Topic: Nes re-release  (Read 1634 times)

Offline HHC

Nes re-release
« on: July 15, 2016, 02:42 PM »
http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/14/12187296/nintendo-nes-classic-edition-announced-price-games

Too bad it can't play original cartridges, but oh well, it's a nice idea. For 60$ it seems worth buying, even in this limited version :)

Hopefully it leads to other initiatives.
These old ones should be re-released with 'all' games on it, shouldn't be hard/expensive to make.

Offline Anubis

Re: Nes re-release
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 03:22 PM »
Kinda pointless in the age of emulators, especially if you can't even use cartridges. If it had ALL (not literally, but close enough) games ever made it would be worth it. But limited like that, gonna pass and use emulators. :P

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 03:29 PM »
well, i like that you can play it on HDMI on TV. Emu's require PC's, that are a bitch to play on without a really good controller.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 03:39 PM »
You can use your PC on TV's with HDMI as well, graphics cards support all connections, DVI, HMDI, DisplayPort, you name it. You can use your XboX360 or XBONE controller, there's no real disadvantage anymore. even for console players. Most games are multi platform nowadays. :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:41 PM by Anubis »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 06:15 PM »
Serious Dejavu!!!!

Really excited for this, Nintendo are the greatest company for gaming, and I much rather own official legit consoles than emulators :)

*Drools*

Offline Anubis

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 11:27 PM »
You can use legit consoles from Nintendo already. More games, less restrictions.

Found it: http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/eshop/virtual-console

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 11:30 PM by Anubis »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 11:29 PM »
That's not the same, and requires having a Wii U.

Plus it's a mini NES! It's cute as hell! F**k you for trying to ruin this :D :P

Offline Anubis

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 11:31 PM »
I am not trying to ruin it, I am trying to inform people that it's already been done, you are basically paying for looks. :x

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 11:44 PM »
I am not trying to ruin it, I am trying to inform people that it's already been done, you are basically paying for looks. :x

Lol, how simple minded of you :D

If I was paying for looks, I wouldn't be able to use it to play games for starters, buying the games legit on Virtual Console for Wii U costs about the same, except if you buy this, you get an actual console, and a NES pad.

I have a Wii U, and NES/SNES/N64 emulator, as well as actual SNES and N64 consoles, i've wanted a NES for a while, this seems awesome, and it's pretty damn cheap :D

You're trying, but you're failing ;)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 11:47 PM »
Geez, I couldn't care less what you spend your money on, calm down.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 11:57 PM »
If you don't care, why are you posting? I care, cuz I love Nintendo :)

Also, why do people always say "calm down" when i'm actually saying things in a positive mood lol, it cracks me up :D

You said something pretty stupid - "you are basically paying for looks.", I pointed out you were wrong, instead of just saying "ok, fair enough", you resort to implying i'm angry or something lmao, wtf is wrong with people on forums :D

I think everyone who were fans of retro gaming is fully aware of emulators, also, some people just like collecting stuff, like me :D

Was just throwing you some banter when I said "F**k you for trying to ruin it :D :P", you weren't supposed to take that seriously ;)

And besides the point, if I wanted to buy something just because it looks good wtf is wrong with that? I bet you wanted to f**k some girl at some point in your life just because she looks good.

Offline Triad

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 12:31 AM »
It is not a bad offer really. Original NES cartridges are expensive, and if you wanna play NES on original hardware instead emulated one, this is a good offer.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 01:37 AM »
Whatever Komo,  I was merely pointing out an information that you can already play old NES/N64 etc. on a Nintendo console that has more options and less limitations. Now you want to  make this an argument. I said I don't care what you personally do, but I still care to inform others about the possibility of already existing emulators that are less limiting. Buy/do/say what you want, I don't care about your gibberish.

Btw you are pointing out I am wrong without actually telling me what exactly is wrong with my sentence. Well played. You pay for looks, you even confirmed that yourself. "cute little console". Cute = judging looks.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 01:40 AM by Anubis »

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 01:49 AM »
I already have 2 NES consoles :)

If you buy this new console, you will miss out entirely on the blowing furiously on the cartridge when it wont work.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2016, 01:51 AM »
Buying a used NES console is far more worth the money, you can actually play all games if you want to. Most "AAA" games from back then are still dirt cheap because they were produced in masses. For rare games you probably will pay quite a bit more.