Forums > Gaming Central

PC console

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sensei:
Desktop PC is all you need. Not laptop, not console.
Console is great for sport games like Fifa and NBA if you have few buddies that plays it. (main reason I've got ps4)
Laptops is a must have if you're a traveller/bussinesman, but buying one for few thousands $ like Komo did is a total waste of money. (let's be honest, Komo, if you're doing everything from home, I don't see a point in having laptop that's worth that much. Just my opinion) Not to mention spare parts for laptops which is hard or even impossible to replace(!?).

Do what Skunk3 said. Find few IT shops and build configuration by yourself that will suit you. Good advice is to ask someone on local NL forums where and what to get to make a best possible rig for money you'd like to spend.

For 600-700€ you can build a PC that will run every game on highest settings for next 1-2 years.
And if you choose good processor you'll only need to change graphics card in a few years.

That's what I did last year. Only mistake I made was to buy RX460 which is low end gpu, and I already want something better. For everything else - this PC is a beast. Got it for ~600€.

TheKomodo:
I do actually take my laptop about with me, so yes, it's very important that it's mobile, you could have asked 1st though, cuz the truth is, i'm going to be getting rid of my desktop PC soon, and replacing it with a laptop, I just like them better, i've had pretty much no issues with my laptops where I constantly have issues with desktops.

And the worst thing about having a desktop, is cleaning it, I hate that, laptops are insanely easy to keep clean.

laptops take up less space, I don't want to have to pack/unpack PC everytime I move house/change things, which is quite a lot.

There are many advantages of laptops you may not even realize...

Anyway, neither is a waste of money, all comes down to personal taste, same with consoles, it's really just a waste of your breath complaining about what other people like, unless it's dangerous or illegal.

"For 600-700€ you can build a PC that will run every game on highest settings for next 1-2 years."

I don't believe that, please convince me otherwise with evidence, i'm patient.

Sensei:
Go into triad PC thread and you'll find lot of great rigs for about the price I've said up there.
I'm not gonna search web and build components to prove you it's possible - cause it is.

TheKomodo:
Sorry Sensei that's not how it works lol.

It may or may not be true but I would need evidence, not hear say and speculation, Triads thread doesn't show any footage of top games played with equipment for that price, not to mention we can't predict what is possible in next 2 years...

I have no doubt you can buy a pc for that price, and have it run the best games fine, but no way is it gonna play every single game at top settings, definitely not as comfortable as possible with no stress on the computer, let alone for the next 1 or 2 years lol.

Sensei:
:)

It's ok man.. You don't have overpriced laptop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version