Forums
April 28, 2024, 11:01 AM

Author Topic: Playing games that aren't W:A!?  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Sensei

Playing games that aren't W:A!?
« on: December 04, 2023, 06:57 PM »
Just curious if anyone is doing any other online games? Maybe we could organize some games/tournaments if enough people? We did this in the past couple of times..
But some ideas were never brought to life.. For example Pokerstars tournament on private table.. That could be great. Friendly buyin, 5$ max.. Lot of ppl wanted to play, but their country doesn't allow Pokerstars.. Others just couldn't agree on time so it got forgotten.

My list would be:

ShootersPool - already managed to get some W:A players to buy this.. Cueshark, Hollow, SiD... Pretty cool and most realistic billiards simulation out there. Lot of variety, 8ball, 9ball, 10ball, Snooker, Carom, Blackball... etc. A must have for any Billiard fan out there.. I'm always up for a few.. Even 2v2 matches.

Counter Strike 2 - highest rank achieved was, i think, master guardian elite.. But most time spent in gold nova 4.

Rocket League - highest rank achieved was Champ 2.. Now diamond probably.

PUBG - around 130 hrs spent in game, few years ago.. Would love to do some duos, squads in this game.

Trackmania Nations Forever - free on steam, old game.. Thousands of maps.. Good stuff. Lemme know if anyone is willing to do some time trials.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 05:40 AM by Sensei »

Offline TheWalrus

Re: Playing games that aren't W:A!?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 11:43 PM »
Strategy or RTS for me for the most part, if I'm not playing on xbox

XCOM series

Starcraft 2

AOE 2 & 4

Did Starfield for awhile

Whatever newish squad based co-op PvE shooters there is - L4D style, typically

But mostly hunting xbox live achievements, I'm a completionist:

https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/IrishBeatdown/games?complete=1&titletype=Game

The full list of 100% games

So mostly wasting my time on worms cups or hunting meaningless achievement points!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 11:46 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 12:55 AM »
That's an impressive list, Walrus. Didn't know you're that much of a gamer. Wp!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2023, 03:05 AM »
Some nice games on that list James, a few of my favourites for solo play! I especially enjoyed Dead Rising games.

@Sensei - I also reached Champ 2, Div 2.

Though that's when I discovered myself getting more and more frustrated being paired with randoms. From that point on, I feel like you need to be part of a stable and consistent team to reach higher ranks or at least, enjoy it more. Not saying other people suck, but nobody is psychic, and people clash a lot because they just aren't used to playing together and not everyone can adapt fast enough.

Anyway, won a bunch of Tournaments at Champ level, the last time I played Tournaments properly though was S9:

I've been playing again a lot in the past few weeks and got my flow back. Though haven't played with my main account since Season 9 there so it's probably back down to Diamond 3.

Anyway, other games, if we're talking multiplayer/co-op these are the ones I've enjoyed most over the past 5 or so years:

Rocket League
World of Warcraft
Warthunder
Borderlands 2 / Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel / Borderlands 3
Riders Republic
Monster Hunter: World
Sea of Thieves(Haven't actually played yet, but installed recently, was dating a girl and played at her house, but no longer dating her so didn't play with anyone online yet)
theHunter: Call of the Wild
Sons of the Forest
DayZ
The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR
TrackMania Nations Forever
Forza Horizon 5
Descenders
Grounded
Insurgency: Sandstorm
Planet Coaster
Steep
Wreckfest

Offline sock

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 03:47 AM »
Counterstrike since 1.5 through CSGO and a little bit of CS2

Played about 2,500 hours of pubg, don't play anymore. Had fun but not that into it anymore.

Played Rocket League a bit with Kradie and Komito.

L4D2- sometimes play

Nevada Online Poker 1/2 cent big blind or 5/10 cent blinds
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 03:55 AM by sock »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 04:52 AM »
Played Rocket League a bit with Kradie and Komito.

Did we play?? I thought you were trying to install it while we were streaming WA with M3ntal? Then I started streaming it but it didn't download for you...

I was only a LITTLE bit drunk, sure I'd remember that!

I'm absolutely down to get a serious WA team down for RL 3s, Champ or above rank, I'd ideally like to reach Grand Champ but don't have the patience to grind the game that long myself with so many teams running over each other.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2023, 05:12 AM »
Counterstrike since 1.5 through CSGO and a little bit of CS2
Played CS 1.5 with StJimmy some years ago, but now the server seems really dead :/

Offline Sensei

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2023, 05:48 AM »
Rocket league is cool.. I love when there's a chemistry in 2v2/3v3's but don't wanna be too serious about it. If you guys want some laid back competitive matches going, I'm up for it. Mindlessly chasing ranks there is just not that appealing. For me at least.

Didn't know you and st.jimmy also played counter, kory.. Would be cool to gather wormers and organise 5v5 game. Pretty sure game allows hosting private matches!? At least Cs:Go did
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 05:50 AM by Sensei »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2023, 07:10 AM »
Rocket league is cool.. I love when there's a chemistry in 2v2/3v3's but don't wanna be too serious about it. If you guys want some laid back competitive matches going, I'm up for it. Mindlessly chasing ranks there is just not that appealing. For me at least.

Well, chasing the rank isn't to actually have the rank alone...

With higher ranks, you get put up against better players, and I'm at that stage where I like to be up against MUCH better players so I can learn from them and get better experience. I find more fun in the challenge and improvement.

Generally speaking, I'm very competitive... With Rocket League it's kinda chill, as in, I only play for a few hours here and there, not 8+ hours a day like I used to play video games.

I like a cross between casual chill vibe, like friendly, having a laugh, maybe even few drinks/smokes, talking smack... Though absolutely with the intention of playing our best, working as a team, and destroying other teams and trying to win.

I cannot stand being in a team that deliberately throws matches or doesn't actually try, it's pointless to me.

Edit - Also, I've never actually tried CS:GO, could try it though if a team of you are down to play.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2023, 09:00 AM »
Sometime I play CS2, Rocket League, L4d2, and GTA V. I only play for fun and I am very laid back.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2023, 09:29 AM »
There is only 1 game worth to play instead worms and it is WITCHER 3, all other games are just waste of time. Or maybe I remember there was metal gear and ultimate stuntman, and big nose saga on pegasus. was good too

Offline melbo

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2023, 11:21 AM »
Hi,sorry for the disguise: I verify some guide and something is wrong (Ctrl v ctrl c) and the other (ctrl v ctrl o) correct. Can you verify that in the attachment mode? Thanks for the solution.
Restore!

Offline melbo

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2023, 11:41 AM »
Try that:
Open the game,close the game WA directory and discuss. All resolved now. Fix problems.

After close the window,remap worms (remak) and close the directory.
There are two simple passages to overwiew worms armageddon ,thanks. Sorry again for the disguise.

Now I explain a lot better : (Ctrl v ctrl c +esc) and ( Ctrl v ctrl esc +f).I have finished all,thanks.

I remember that these are two kind of different types.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 11:49 AM by melbo »
Restore!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2023, 12:33 PM »
melbo, wtf lol? I'm pretty sure I'm not high right now so it has to be you??

Offline melbo

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2023, 12:42 PM »
Sorry,I've just resolved with friends,thanks.
Restore!