Forums
May 11, 2024, 02:40 PM

Author Topic: point and click games  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Husk

point and click games
« on: November 22, 2015, 05:19 PM »
so why are there still new point and click games been made... we r living in the year 2015

Offline TheWalrus

Re: point and click games
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 05:22 PM »
so why are there still new point and click games been made... we r living in the year 2015
I remember liking this shit:

But i haven't played one in years.  16-bit graphics games are making a comeback too, games like terraria and spelunky.

Offline Husk

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 05:30 PM »
well the older games were point and click because it was either impossible or very difficult to make anything better back in those days, their vision back then were games like skyrim and fallout 4 for example now... so why r they still using '80s tools to make games in 2015 lmfao

games like neverhood and monkeyisland are great, but I am sure the developers behind those games were imaging if one day they could make those same universes and plots play in realtime environments like in skyrim
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 05:33 PM by Husk »

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 05:33 PM »
Kyrandia 2 was great  :)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 05:33 PM »
well the older games were point and click because it was either impossible or very difficult to make anything better back in those days, their vision back then were games like skyrim and fallout 4 for example now... so why r they still using '80s tools to make games in 2015 lmfao

games like neverhood and monkeyisland are great, but I am sure the developers behind those games were imaging if one day they could make those same universes and plots play in realtime environments like in skyrim
im surprised they exist, link me to one?

Offline HHC

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 05:36 PM »
it's cool cause 2D and cartoony style.

Monkeyisland in 3d would suck ass.

Offline Husk

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 05:36 PM »
there's plenty new point and click games in steam m8

http://store.steampowered.com/tag/fi/Point%20%26%20Click/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

Offline Husk

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 05:40 PM »

ok, I'd be willing to pay for monkeyisland universe in 3d gameplay =P would be sweet to be able to move with ur keyboard and look around with ur mouse and stuff, that would be sweet game!

Offline Husk

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 05:43 PM »
what I am trying to say is... maybe all the point and click games in steam are just a nice cash grab from lazy game makers ^^

they know people will buy point and click games just for nostalgic reasons, and making a point and click game must be the easiest type of game u could do in game business... so easy money xD

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 05:44 PM »

Nah, I disagree man, if their vision was to have something similar to Fallout 4 / Skyrim, they probably would have made the games either birds eye view like SNES Zelda, or something similar graphically to Zelda 64.

If you ask me, the whole magic behind MonkeyIsland is the point and click system, choosing options, discovering items etc, it's nothing like Fallout or Skyrim, and like HHC said:

Offline Husk

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 05:46 PM »
k, but I think it's a dumb trend, many indie game developers are not making point and click games because they love the genre, but because it's failproof money grab

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2015, 05:48 PM »
k, but I think it's a dumb trend, many indie game developers are not making point and click games because they love the genre, but because it's failproof money grab

Well, I dunno man, indie games make virtually no money, it's not exactly a goldrush is it?

I personally think indie games are great, they focus on plot, gameplay, characters, instead of purely graphics...

However, there is a lot of garbage out there too...

Offline HHC

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 05:52 PM »
Don't agree Husk, it's maybe easy to make, but it's a common trend in Indie: make old-school games.

Partly because the creators wanna make a game like that, but also cause people wanna buy that shit.

Even I bought one the other day when it was really cheap, even though I never played oldschool p&c.

I like games like that. I have a PS3, but 90% of the titles available are the same type of 3D action-shooter-RPG kind of shit. I prefer simple addictive games over needlessly complicated superdoopagraphics 1.000.0000$ budget kinda games. That or sandbox games that let you manipulate/mod/create.

Offline Husk

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 06:32 PM »
yeah I know, I was just frustrated:

I think why I made this topic is because I usually buy humblebundles... and after I alrdy purchased the bundle I notice only then that all of the games were p&c and I really don't like this genre, so I end up paying from games that I am not going to play... so I have bad memories with p&c because of humblebundle... so I have been long annoyed whenever I see p&c games on steam

so is there anything we learnt? I shouldn't make new topic if I am annoyed? but it's healthy to talk about things... so maybe what we learnt is that I should check what games are in humblebundle before I pay for those games????

Offline HHC

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2015, 06:40 PM »
Who buys a humblebundle before checking what games are actually in it?

Seems to me you gotta play some more point and click games cause you obviously dunno what the f* ur clickin on.