Forums
May 09, 2024, 04:13 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] game #17048 dub vs phantonn  (Read 4960 times)

Offline Random00

Re: game #17048 dub vs phantonn
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 02:07 PM »
wow, this is really difficult, imo.
I mean Dub actually played better, and made no real mistake except the cow and because of this won the game.
But a skip (meaning ctaching the crate and going back in his hide) could have changed the game. The thing is: it could. Which means Dub wins the game 100% if the breaking of rules in this case would be not important and (regarding the scheme and Dubs hide) he would win also at least 50% of the cases when he skipped, imo.
Plus the fact that he also had plenty of time for attcking from rope with the drill would make me say that Dub should get the win.

But I also can understand people giving arguments for Phanton's point of view. It remains a difficult case.

Offline Rok

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 02:33 PM »
Sorry for taking so long to reply, RL etc...

This is again the case when we need to decide wether we follow rules strictly or make an exception because cow didn't matter much result-wise. Dub-c and Uber have a point about common sense and discretion, Phanton OTOH has a legitimate (according to current league rules) right for this complaint. As I made decisions in favor of strict rules before, this is now hard to decide...  It's however different than for example when crash used skipwalking - Dub-c didn't cow intentionaly.

Well, still, as much as it sucks, I choose to follow the league rules, so game should be voided, sorry Dub-c :/
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 03:36 PM »
Travesty to the integrity of the league imo. I won't play another game on tus, it bothers me that much. 
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 04:09 PM »
if this game gets voided.. then phantom is a joke... and tus is aswell. The rules should be used as a guide to encourage fair play and sportsmanship. Dub did nothing wrong.

Rules are over looked all the time, like when someone accidently blocks in roper, and the enemy still attacks as gets a close crate. The blocker doesnt have to not attack..

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 04:16 PM »
@Dub-c and Chicken, it's not bad to think on our side too.
Leagues complaints board on TUS is the most active board and many people just check this board on daily basis.
You could imagine how many people would try to manipulate the system with 'my cow didn't affect the game'. Many people check complaints all the time to find such holes in the system. How many times have you seen somebody says: 'Is that so? Then I'll do it in all of my games from now on.'

Do you wanna alter the rules for such thing?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 04:26 PM »
So let them say it! We are that many "normal" and "fair" wormers in here, we wont let them have their way... I mean, I cant imagine any1 saying "U let the cow Dub do get "overlooked" so i will try 2 do the same".. Each case have 2 be dealt with individually, in a rules system like this there will always be some cases of "personal judgement"- Each case CANT be treated the same, its not like that in any rule system what so ever. Different types of "cows" in this case should have different type of penalties. In this case the cow was 2 Dub-c's own penalty. He made the game worse for himself, not any1 else.. Lol its obvious.. Pls show that ur not just robots reading a rule book..

Edit: Just so u understand what i'm saying; if the rules ALWAYS shall be followed like slaves, we dont even need mod's here.. U been declared mods cause people think u have the fairness, modesty and common sense to find what penalties or no penalties suits each complaint.. In this case a NO penalty is the best thing to do. u all know it :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 04:34 PM by Uber »

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 04:29 PM »
Ok, I see your point. Forget about whats fair and save yourselves some work.

If this was any other situation and happened against someone else I would not care. This kid was so proud of himself after the game that he was going to get out of the loss. "haha noob not know rules" "haha game will be erased now" etc pathetic. It was a drill that didn't affect the game. For all the reasons I stated throughout this thread this will be my last post and that bullshit my last game

p.s I dont want to sound disrespectful, thanks for all your work, it was a enjoyable league till now.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 04:35 PM by Dub-c »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 04:38 PM »

p.s I dont want to sound disrespectful, thanks for all your work, it was a enjoyable league till now.

if one fail crushes whole system lmao...
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 05:06 PM »
I'm really sorry if you feel that way. There's nothing I can do about this game. However TUS has been perfecting itself since its creation. If people really want such rule, we can add it, make our mods more and mods will have to decide if the cow case was intentional or not, or even affect the game...
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 05:15 PM »
Im with dub. He my brother on this game and will stand by his choices in the world of worms. And i also think this is terrible judgement from the mods here to void this match. Uber said it prefectly aswell. Your not robots which enforce the rules as they are writen. Your ment to use the rules as a guide in deciding what is the fairest outcome of a complaint. Your ment to look at each indivudial game and circunstances and decide whetever or not a game should be voided or not.

I made a complaint about being repeated in a bng. The game stood even tho the rules were on my side. I ask you to do the same thing, disregard the rule book and use your common sense like you did in that case.

Offline beer

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 05:16 PM »
and is there ppl calling me the drama? lol
cmn guys, it mattr so much? -.-

drama queen iz back

Offline Rok

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 06:12 PM »
Your ment to use the rules as a guide in deciding what is the fairest outcome of a complaint. Your ment to look at each indivudial game and circunstances and decide whetever or not a game should be voided or not.

I made a complaint about being repeated in a bng. The game stood even tho the rules were on my side. I ask you to do the same thing, disregard the rule book and use your common sense like you did in that case.

Yeah chicken23, we try to look at each game individually, that's why we didn't void that game because you tried to take advantage of the fact that someone added some lines to bng rules which we didn't know about (at least me) and NO ONE EVER played by. Unlike shopper where EVERYBODY plays with afr for years now and it's written in the rules from the beginning.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 06:27 PM »
Well fb it was no afr. Nor was it a rule in xtc. But the debate isnt it should be in the rules or not. Its about has this cow effected the game. It hasnt. Cows happen in wxw's and ropers often too. Sometimes people forget to touch the wall at sudden death and spike down. It would of not changed the out come of the game and people let it slide. No one complains about it. The rules should be used to help sportsmanship, not promote bad sportsmanship which is the case if this game is voided. Its letting phantom avoid a loss which he clearly deserves.

Offline darKz

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 07:33 PM »
lol are you mod guys f@#!ing serious? How could this incident be called a "cow"? It's a joke and a very cheap try to get rid of a loss.
I wouldn't skip either Dub, you did the right thing.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Spaazi

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 07:48 PM »
I'm also behind Dub.
If you let these kind of things happen, TUS will lose its credibility.
Voiding the game is a mystake.