Forums
May 09, 2024, 12:14 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] game #17048 dub vs phantonn  (Read 4961 times)

Offline Crazy

Re: game #17048 dub vs phantonn
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 07:54 PM »
I can`t watch any replay`s, sigh  >:(

Offline beer

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 07:59 PM »
I'm also behind Dub.
If you let these kind of things happen, TUS will lose its credibility.
Voiding the game is a mystake.
lol why? do not get ur point

drama queen iz back

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• You'll never walk alone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 08:05 PM »
There has been mentioned alot of good points 2 why, Beer..
THere is no disgrace in turning around and not voiding this game, Mods :)

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline Spaazi

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2010, 08:07 PM »
lol beer, as usual you're not getting it.
Have you read the other posts before reading mine?

Offline beer

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2010, 08:13 PM »
lol beer, as usual you're not getting it.
Have you read the other posts before reading mine?

u usual are not much here, so are u?
yes, first then u

drama queen iz back

Offline beer

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2010, 08:16 PM »
There has been mentioned alot of good points 2 why, Beer..
THere is no disgrace in turning around and not voiding this game, Mods :)

looks like.
rules must be sovereign, for evryone. even for the mods.
sad to say, but im sure this thead would be diferent if it was with other player but not phanton.

drama queen iz back

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2010, 08:32 PM »
Rules should not have to be the final say. A mod's choice is and he should judge what is fair. How a penetly or cow effected the game and use their experiences and sportsmanship in making the right choice. If the game is voided, its not fair against dub. The drill didnt effect the game, and as mentioned was more of a handicap on Dubc. Its a shame there isnt a set scheme on tus and the rules have not be defined since they were made when the league started. Phantom is probably not used to drills in shopper scheme and having unlimited zook. No one cares if you don't drill on a rope. It never changes the damage or the ease of the attack. As mentioned before. Its not like dub used no afr to his advantage if he was firing a bird or homing and making it easier for himself.

Mil2 was an example of a player who caused alot of problems with complaints and going by the rule book. But at xtc we at times did not follow the rules because of how lame and cheap mil2 was when it came to waiting to report wins to try and void loses by tricking players into late reports.

Sportsmanship and Integrity are important vitures of a worm player, and this is going against those values

Offline Rok

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2010, 09:08 PM »
MonkeyIsland and I had a long discussion about this, deciding whether we want to stick with the rules for every cost or allowing exceptions based on situations and our judgements. If you try to symphatize with MI, seeing how much effort it took him to make TUS what it is now, you can see that it's not an easy decision, trying to keep things in order and consistency and be fair at the same time. Still we all do wrong sometimes, so we reconsidered and took the sportmanship and common sense arguments into account, because as said so many times before, we do care what community thinks.

You proved us wrong. The game will stay as it is.

So we changed our mind. Don't let this thread make you think we'll do this everytime someone won't be happy with the decision, there are still rules to follow in general. But we will put some more common sense and thought into future decisions. Thanks.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2010, 09:22 PM »
V wise decision imo. And thats just how i want tus mod's 2 be.. U proved why u are mods :)

And im sure no1 will try 2 mess with the system just cause this game stands, they will find they only make a fool out of themselves! :)

-You think you are pretty smart, but is was not me, and you became dumb.   Phanton.    <3

Offline Crazy

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2010, 09:50 PM »

Mil2 was an example of a player who caused alot of problems with complaints and going by the rule book. But at xtc we at times did not follow the rules because of how lame and cheap mil2 was when it came to waiting to report wins to try and void loses by tricking players into late reports.

LMAO :D That`s my Mir ;D You for sure can make me laugh, Tom! Good decision anyways mods, I didn`t know the discussion actually was about a simple drill.. People drill all the time without doing it from the rope, it`s not like you need to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to use the drill from the rope  ???

Offline chakkman

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2010, 09:53 PM »
Sorry, but i dont agree with this... you already made your decision so see this as just small addition to this discussion. I ll quote Chicken23 for now as his post is kinda representative to me of how things should not be handled^^.

Quote from: Chicken23
Rules should not have to be the final say. A mod's choice is and he should judge what is fair. How a penetly or cow effected the game and use their experiences and sportsmanship in making the right choice.
Right in theory but didnt experiences told us that people's sportsmanship spirit is quite different? In my opinion rules are a necessary guideline that helps us not to rely on the in many cases non existant sportsmanship.
The drill didnt effect the game, and as mentioned was more of a handicap on Dubc.
Doesnt matter at all imo. A cow is a cow.
Its a shame there isnt a set scheme on tus and the rules have not be defined since they were made when the league started.
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-141/

I wonder if it has to be any more clear.  ::)

Well , i could go on like that but to sum it up, no matter if Dub-C was aware of he cowed or not, he did not attack from rope which is against the rules and he didnt take a penalty. And to pick up the argument that no1 will mess with the system due to this decision... doesnt have to happen but you should be aware that you opened the door a tiny gap to do so.

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2010, 12:42 AM »
Ya chakk, peoples sportsmanship are different. Thats why we have these mods that we all can trust have good sportsmanship, and let them be the judges :)

Offline beer

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2010, 12:47 AM »
Sorry, but i dont agree with this... you already made your decision so see this as just small addition to this discussion. I ll quote Chicken23 for now as his post is kinda representative to me of how things should not be handled^^.

Rules should not have to be the final say. A mod's choice is and he should judge what is fair. How a penetly or cow effected the game and use their experiences and sportsmanship in making the right choice.
Right in theory but didnt experiences told us that people's sportsmanship spirit is quite different? In my opinion rules are a necessary guideline that helps us not to rely on the in many cases non existant sportsmanship.
The drill didnt effect the game, and as mentioned was more of a handicap on Dubc.
Doesnt matter at all imo. A cow is a cow.
Its a shame there isnt a set scheme on tus and the rules have not be defined since they were made when the league started.
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-141/

I wonder if it has to be any more clear.  ::)

Well , i could go on like that but to sum it up, no matter if Dub-C was aware of he cowed or not, he did not attack from rope which is against the rules and he didnt take a penalty. And to pick up the argument that no1 will mess with the system due to this decision... doesnt have to happen but you should be aware that you opened the door a tiny gap to do so.

word chak,
as said, it had so many 'drama' into this cose was old player vs noob, otherwise the things woudl be diferent. its a shame in my eyes that most of ppl who posted into this, act like that. anyway its the reality

drama queen iz back

Offline Uber

• Sexmachine

• Norway Norway
  • ps ps clan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2010, 01:30 AM »
rofl beer. ur theories are really well considered.....

The thing is, i dont think any1 that has good values in this game or life at all would make a complain out of that, that beeing said; i dont have anything personal against Phanton at all. I just look at the case itself and state my opinion, as u do now. Only thing is u try 2 tell what every1 else means and thinks also..
I think u should stick 2 thinking for urself, not for the rest of us... :)

Offline beer

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2010, 01:44 AM »
rofl beer. ur theories are really well considered.....

The thing is, i dont think any1 that has good values in this game or life at all would make a complain out of that, that beeing said; i dont have anything personal against Phanton at all. I just look at the case itself and state my opinion, as u do now. Only thing is u try 2 tell what every1 else means and thinks also..
I think u should stick 2 thinking for urself, not for the rest of us... :)
thats what i think, and i was not realy talking about u, i agree with ur pont here, lol waste post by u.
anyway ill keep saying wtf i think about this game, about this league, if someone do not like can even make a poll to ban me or w/e.
easy

drama queen iz back