Forums
May 09, 2024, 02:42 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] game #17048 dub vs phantonn  (Read 4962 times)

Offline Dub-c

Re: game #17048 dub vs phantonn
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2010, 07:43 AM »
MonkeyIsland and I had a long discussion about this, deciding whether we want to stick with the rules for every cost or allowing exceptions based on situations and our judgements. If you try to symphatize with MI, seeing how much effort it took him to make TUS what it is now, you can see that it's not an easy decision, trying to keep things in order and consistency and be fair at the same time. Still we all do wrong sometimes, so we reconsidered and took the sportmanship and common sense arguments into account, because as said so many times before, we do care what community thinks.

You proved us wrong. The game will stay as it is.

So we changed our mind. Don't let this thread make you think we'll do this everytime someone won't be happy with the decision, there are still rules to follow in general. But we will put some more common sense and thought into future decisions. Thanks.

Took a lot of balls from both of you to reverse your decision and I definitely respect that.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline Phanton

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2010, 09:15 PM »
Actually you are right's, Dub and also took 8 hp, but if elepulasse the time I'm sure it will affect the game, he would win anyway ... but at the point of view, I think it was with fear or with PRSSA posivel a turning point in the game, I have made many games continue with this kind of cow, and really friends, I could take this complaint, but he called me stupid and said something about a Brazilian who has nothing to do with debate now Dub, if you want that as claimed victory, may be ... But here you challenge the best of 3 play with me, and really show you who the Phantom really ... when you quiserX: D :P
Miss, old's players..... Miss, old's times :)

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2010, 01:15 AM »
Actually you are right's, Dub and also took 8 hp, but if elepulasse the time I'm sure it will affect the game, he would win anyway ... but at the point of view, I think it was with fear or with PRSSA posivel a turning point in the game, I have made many games continue with this kind of cow, and really friends, I could take this complaint, but he called me stupid and said something about a Brazilian who has nothing to do with debate now Dub, if you want that as claimed victory, may be ... But here you challenge the best of 3 play with me, and really show you who the Phantom really ... when you quiserX: D :P

I'm sorry, I couldn't understand what you said. I definitely never called you any names if thats what you are saying. Are you saying you want to challenge me to a best of 3?

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2010, 05:14 PM »
Well, to be honest I would  have voided the game.
Making a cow without knowing even if it's the slightest is one thing.
Phantom could have forgiven it.
But he didn't, and it's his right as lame as it seems when someone make a cow it's your right to claim for a skip.
And dub-c attitude was just to ignore him.
Dub-c did a cow, he got noticed to skip by his opponant he refused and continued to play and the cheap player is phantom. Sorry, but I don't get it.
You do think that skipping would have affected the game too much for that little cow. I would want to say two things:
First, as for any scheme skipping does not imply loosing. He could have failed .. who knows
Secondly, if it's your fault (you made the cow) you've to pay the prize for it. That's all.

We say that 8 hp doesn't affect the game. But in my opinion it's not only 8 hp, it's a retreat time also to get an hide and i'm sorry when the goal is to kill a worms 8 hp is still 8 hp.So even if it's not huge it sure does.

Mods are there to apply rules on delicate case. They aren't there to change them whenever they want to.
Being sportmanship and act like that is not a rule as far I know. Reason with people when they complaint about meaningless thin is one thing mods can do.
If i'm following phantom thoughts dubc insulted him, and he speaks about making a special case for him about sportmanship.

I do respect both player but as I read before, by making this choice you're altering the rule and opening a hole to the system.
So if you stick to this point, you should change the actual rules :).

Edit: Thanks chakman lol ^^
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 09:02 AM by zippeurfou »

Offline chakkman

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2010, 07:13 PM »
Well, to be honest I would not have voided the game.

;)

Offline darKz

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2010, 08:06 PM »
Yeah right, TUS should stick to the rules 100%. So if I happen to accidantly knock a worm in a T17 by 1 pixel, I lose by default?
What's up with you guys.. You should go and play Mil2 league.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline beer

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2010, 08:08 PM »
Yeah right, TUS should stick to the rules 100%. So if I happen to accidantly knock a worm in a T17 by 1 pixel, I lose by default?
it should not be like that, but i skiped cose of a 1 pixel xD
<3 rene

drama queen iz back

Offline Rok

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2010, 09:51 PM »
We did not void the game, can you please not turn this into another spam topic?

@zippeurfou: nice post, +1, but MI and I took everything you said into account, along with all the consequences and still decided like we did.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2010, 10:07 PM »
Dub-c did a cow, he got noticed to skip by his opponant he refused and continued to play and the cheap player is phantom. Sorry, but I don't get it.

If i'm following phantom thoughts dubc insulted him, and he speaks about making a special case for him about sportmanship.

You're just wrong on so many levels.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2010, 12:08 AM »

Dont have to look at it from your point of view only... you ll have to see theres ppl that would abuse a decision like this made by the mods. There is enough ppl who would do so :). And if we say now 8 hp damage is a tolerable limit for a rule violation now what will it be next time?

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2010, 09:21 AM »

You're just wrong on so many levels.
Actually, i'm trying to be not biased even if I know you a little and I know you're not the kind to do stupid complaint.And watching from the game comments you weren't insulting him in fact it was the opposite.
Well, let's not debate about this, it's my oppinion and since the mod have handle the game there's no point continuing the debate.

We did not void the game, can you please not turn this into another spam topic?

@zippeurfou: nice post, +1, but MI and I took everything you said into account, along with all the consequences and still decided like we did.

Thanks, maybe an announcement would be welcome in order to  restraint complaint like this anymore and stop the spamming here. :)

it should not be like that, but i skiped cose of a 1 pixel xD
<3 rene

I totally agree with you beer. It should not be like that because you loose part of the fun of the game. That's why rules has to change. But like chakkman said, mods has to be extremly cautious about it. :)

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2010, 05:06 PM »
Thanks to all people who cared and helped us with their opinion.

*Solved.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.