Forums
May 20, 2024, 02:58 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] ttrr time 135314  (Read 2238 times)

Offline OrangE

Re: ttrr time 135314
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 10:58 AM »
the timer stops, thats your final time. if your worm lands on finish or touches the back wall that time is valid. otherwise is not.

this rule is obvious and clear. yeah it's not automatic for newcomers but after some time becomes pretty easy to understand. the same happens with a bunch of other non-written rules in other schemes.

i really don't understand why you guys are making a drama out of this.

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 12:31 PM »
Also a worm can touch finish line and then plop. It counts too. Obvious? I remember even Komo asked about it on forums ;D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Prankster

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 12:53 PM »
Of course people learn the rules after a while, that's natural. What I don't understand is why are people against having the rules written? Investing energy into coming here to write such arguments as "sure, and also let's write: attack your opponents", like it's the same thing, or saying we'd making a scheme more complex by writing down its already existing rules... Then calling me an idiot, someone even smited me lol, because I asked for a harmless and easy to do thing that might even help some people... Questionning if a public league should have the rules written.

@Statik: that one is written on TTRR's info page. Did Komo have to go through the same for that as I do?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:56 PM by Prankster »

Offline chakkman

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 07:42 PM »
then calling me an idiot
Who called you an idiot? I only know that you said that i brought the bng argument to piss you off, which can't be a case as i don't know you really, thus i can't know which schemes you play. It's just that bng is a perfect example for a scheme which has to have many rules to allow fair league play.

Apart from that, let's say we write down the rule the way you want it. Then comes the next thing. As there is a Start block on most maps, it would have to be regulated where exactly to place a worm at start. Most games are being started not from the start block, but from the floor on which the start block is. :) Get what i'm trying to say? Making an easy thing complex. As it is the same for each player, it doesn't even matter where you place your worm, could start from the middle of the map, as long as it is the same for each player.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:45 PM by chakkman »

Offline OrangE

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 07:49 PM »
just use common sense guys.

anyway i think that this rule can be written down with no problem, maybe could help some newcomer in the future.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 08:10 PM »
Don't feel offended, chakkman, I'm talking about Dulek:
I can continue with showing examples of your brilliant logic of writing down unnecessary rules.

Alos, what is this if not a try to piss me? A bad try tho, I already explained the differences between a2b and TUS classic league.
Prankster, let's add 15th rule for a2b - 'attack your oponnent'. Can't see it and I'm quite confused now. ;s Also, when do I win a2b match? When health level bar goes down for how many hp? Dunno as well...

Also, I'm still not conviced. You are trying to talk about different things in the same way. Losing control of your worm causes a failed turn in most of the cases. But if you do it so that your worm lands on the finish, it gets you an advantage - according to unwritten rules. It's not trivial at all. Maybe starting your turn from the edge of the start box instead of the letters isn't trivial either, but that's not confusing, it's always the same.
What if people back in the day would have agreed differently on reaching finish after losing control? It's more a matter of agreement than logic. It could easily mean that you simply failed to finish your turn. The current agreement is actually an advantage for people who know about it.

However, I understand the logic behind it, but I'm not sure everyone would think the same (there's Riviva as an example), so writing it down could make things noticeably clearer.

P.s.: Also, yes, by the way, I do think every single rule/possibility of choices should have been written as this is a public league open for newcomers with less knowledge/experience too.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:19 PM by Prankster »

Offline OrangE

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 08:15 PM »
Losing control of your worm causes a failed turn in most of the cases. But if you do it so that your worm lands on the finish, it gets you an advantage - according to unwritten rules. It's not trivial at all.

Yeah, ending the turn on purpose before the worm reaches the finish needs skill. In these years TONS of challenges and tus rr's were played like this. It's tricky and it needs skill and makes rr's more interesting and creative.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 08:19 PM »
Losing control of your worm causes a failed turn in most of the cases. But if you do it so that your worm lands on the finish, it gets you an advantage - according to unwritten rules. It's not trivial at all.

Yeah, ending the turn on purpose before the worm reaches the finish needs skill. In these years TONS of challenges and tus rr's were played like this. It's tricky and it needs skill and makes rr's more interesting and creative.

I've added these to my post:

However, I understand the logic behind it, but I'm not sure everyone would think the same (there's Riviva as an example), so writing it down could make things noticeably clearer.

P.s.: Also, yes, by the way, I do think every single rule/possibility of choices should have been written as this is a public league open for newcomers with less knowledge/experience too.

Offline chakkman

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 08:31 PM »
Mh, i see now there's a FAQ in the TTRR scheme description. Could be added there then. :)

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2013, 09:01 PM »
Should we distinguish "rules" and a "scheme explanation"?

Look there: http://d1.worms2d.info/tutorials.htm

This site contains useful tips about where to start and how to choose a path (because there are usually no shortcuts in rr, instead you should know where to go if you face a "crossroad"). But I hardly can call it "rules". Maybe a guide...

Same with BnG. There are rules (no sitters and 1s nades) and "scheme explanation" (use open maps, place worms in different sides and kill enemies...).

For RR I remember 1 rule: don't knock worms, but now with /rs it's impossible :)

But whatever, I think it would be a good idea to have detailed schemes descriptions on TUS.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline franz

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2013, 10:13 PM »
I agree to add it, since Riviva is just one example of possibly more in the future

Offline ArsGoetia

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2013, 10:55 PM »
I've always have a doubt about ttrr, WHY, when we start, we place a worm on the corner without touching the ''start'' or something that represent it as a ''start'' BUUUUUUUT, if u want to FINISH a map , u MUST touch the '' finish'' so, wth ??? why we don't place the worm touching the start and finish the map when touch the finish...

i said this because when we place a worm on the corner we are saving at least 2 seconds :o
[GrW`AnGsT-tgH] hey, have you noticed that Komo always makes the maps a little smaller on one side?
[``GrW-ROp3Rz`] yes, I think that is cross-eyed

Offline franz

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2013, 12:02 AM »
It's just another habit AlbtrauM, and it seems fairly harmless. either change this popular habit (doubt it) or don't play maps where this is possible (not easy)

otherwise, if you go first, you can try placing your worm directly on the S, hopefully forcing them to. or just confirm it before lighting up.

Offline Husk

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2013, 12:31 AM »

Offline Alien

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2013, 09:25 AM »

almost thought the same and funny image husk.