Forums
April 29, 2024, 12:43 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] What happens if rope knock in elite?  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Spaazi

[SOLVED] What happens if rope knock in elite?
« on: May 20, 2011, 04:29 PM »
Probably didn't change the result of the game but...?

Offline darKz

Re: What happens if rope knock in elite?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 04:36 PM »
Isn't it the players' responsibility to play the game in #PartyTime? :P
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Spaazi

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 04:37 PM »
Hahhaha, MAY BE.  :(

Offline Rok

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 04:54 PM »
Depends whether it's clearly intentional or not, whether it changes the situation or not, etc... We'd need to check the replay to say for sure. I think we voided an elite game once because of a knock, on the other hand we let one t17 game stand.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Spaazi

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 05:19 PM »
Oh ok!, could you take a look at my replay when you'll have some time left?
It's on my 60hp worm at the end of SD!

Offline franz

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 05:23 PM »
this is similar to an old complaint:
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/complaints/52361-6246/

And if he landed on your worm's head? or piled it without moving it? It looks like you would still try to zook kill, right? I'm sorry, I don't see much advantage/disadvantage for either TheKiller or you from this knock.

I understand you getting upset/frustrated after your zook failed, but this is the risk of playing elite outside of #PartyTime.  I know it's annoying to change channel just to play elite, but if these little knocks are more annoying to you.. then maybe #PartyTime is the best channel to go.  Most people playing elite in #AnythingGoes know that these little knocks are possible.. and unless the knock is a huge difference, players usually agree to let them be ok.

Any other mods may post if they disagree.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 05:29 PM »
I don't think it changed the outcome of the game. With that nade your worm would plop either way.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Spaazi

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 05:31 PM »
Well, my estimation is that I had between 20-25% chance of living.
Question is: is that enough to void the game?!
Apparently it was intentional but he just didn't remember he couldn't do it....
I don't mind though, it's just to know in which cases it's worth a void...
Cause if he lived, I had it won though ;D

Offline franz

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 05:47 PM »
well, unknocked, a nade on your head or even below on your side will plop you, so I don't think 20-25% is fair estimation.
true, it sounds like from chat it was intentional and he simply forgot due to not playing much elite.. but bleh, you really want to void his win?

as for which cases it's worth a void -> I'd say when the knock clearly without a doubt gains an advantage with the attack.

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 05:53 PM »
Ima try to always play in PT. There are certain situations where a worm is blocked (for example by the entrance of a blowtorch tunnel). In PT it would be possible to pass through this worm without moving him, is this allowed?
worm and learn

Offline Spaazi

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 06:11 PM »
In PT it would be possible to pass through this worm without moving him, is this allowed?

I've done that many times in T17s, from the moment the worm don't move I think it's not considerated as a "knock" so allowed!

Offline Rok

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 06:18 PM »
In PT it would be possible to pass through this worm without moving him, is this allowed?

Sure.

It's also possible and allowed in AG, but in PT we don't have to worry if the worm will move.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline franz

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 06:20 PM »
Ima try to always play in PT. There are certain situations where a worm is blocked (for example by the entrance of a blowtorch tunnel). In PT it would be possible to pass through this worm without moving him, is this allowed?

I see no reason why it wouldn't be allowed.

of course the situation is rare because it's often not worth using a rope just to pass through,
but if you find a situation where it's a good idea, go for it.

Offline Joschi

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 08:11 PM »
Rofl, what the heck is going on here? Why you just don't ask me to void the round? I saied sorry and since you didn't reply, I could estimate that the case is closed ... I give a shit on the round.

Meh, how annoying!! Leaving the round without saying good-bye, just to open a complain thread in my back. It's not long that I started to play TEL and I already toke more then one negative moment out of this.

I wonder anyway what the knock changed here? Your worm was dead, with or without knock.

P.S. I thought I play against an honorable player. But Spaazi doesn't realize that I was just better this round. So give him the win please, I don't need to discuss this. And sorry for my knock, I just forgot about it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:16 PM by Joschi »

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 09:10 PM »
Joshci, everyone here has disagreed with spaazi's request.
worm and learn