Forums
May 14, 2024, 09:00 AM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] wxw game... should it be dt win? or a rematch.  (Read 6602 times)

Offline Senator

Re: wxw game... should it be dt win? or a rematch.
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2015, 11:13 AM »
How did you make the rules for schemes? They're pretty bad.

The scheme files have also changed over time and looks like the uploaders have not listed all the rules as they should be.

For example current Shopper scheme site doesn't say anything about CBA rule and Elite is the only scheme where using glitches is said to be forbidden.

Offline ANO

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2015, 11:22 AM »
If you are in match of any sport, if you cow, you pay.

Sorry but when was the last time in football or rugby or tennis or golf or badminton or hockey or whatever, and some guy yelled "COW!"? It's never happened lol.

I agree there should be punishment, but skipping and not collecting your crate is more than skip, you are giving the opponent an extra crate that they didn't earn/don't deserve.

The best way would be to write the exact rule, in roper for example, "if there is cow, the player who cowed must not attack their next turn, they can collect crate and return to hide, no changing hide, no pushing/knocking/piling other worms, no dropping mines on land." <--- Something like this.

When you go collecting the crate you can always "fall" more or less accidentally and maybe knock a worm, explode a barrel with a mine etc etc... You should not be allowed to move at all. And mods will also have less work to do.
Anyhow, of course you didn't yell COW auhauha

Offline avirex

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2015, 09:19 PM »
Komo, i have seen so many occasions of you using "sports analogies" so, don't like its a silly thing to do, now that it does not fit your opinion ;P

imo, your both right...

komo: it depends on the situation, if the cow consists of a situation that cost the opposing team less then 50hp, a skip involving collect cr8, and maybe even pile is fair.

ANO: if the cow consists of damage resulting in over 100, or even 150 in this particular case, the skip should be even harsher, for example no cr8, no move, no hide... just 100% skip.

i mean, look at this specific game... they did an illegal turn of over 150, and then their penalty is a "skip" that consists fall damage, piles, and barrels lmfao... rly??  i guess the most ironic part about this is, that if he actually took the skip when he was supposed to, MonkeyIsland would say this was a legal form of skip lmfao.. what a f@#!ing joke.

i guess this thread teaches us all one thing.. if you cow in a game, and you decide a skip will result in no chance of you winning....

f@#! the cow, dont skip your turn... just continue playing!!!! it will be your best chance to avoid a loss!! just go for the win (void) the draw (void) or the loss (oh well, chances are you would have lost anyway)

Offline Peja

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2015, 09:49 PM »
stop being idiotic, intentional cows with taking no punishment will be rewarded with an instant lose. anyone trying to abuse will get asskicked by monkeyisland. and stop crying cos of this wxw, you can be glad this dude was dumb enough doing an illegal move instead of an  simple minedrop. your team decided to hide in a risky spot near a barrel, despite knowing the others will have plenty of time doing the knock. be glad you came away with such crap and you did not lose :D
because actually you deserve it for mistakes like that.
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

Offline avirex

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2015, 09:56 AM »
ahhh here comes the pro peja, with his infinite wisdom ..

"be glad you did not lose after hiding there"   "that mine drop was easy"  "you deserve to lose after that mistake"

lmfao...  you sound like the idiot :D  even pro ropers will tell you that a mine drop is not 100% to send the worm where you intend it to go...   but, propeja must have more insight on mine drops, for him its 100% also, this is worms my friend, funny mistakes are in almost any replay you will watch... if everyone deserved to lose after each funny mistake, there would never be any winners.... just because my team "hid" in a place you consider stupid, does not give their team the right to cow us, and then never take a penalty.. your logic is "idiotic"

and anyway, its clear your missing the point peja, does not matter if its 100% chance it works, 100% of the time... the fact is its a cow... a cow is a cow, an illegal move is an illegal move, and that again is besides the point peja.. its what he did after that is the main concern.

so yeah, its not "idiotic" to say: next time you cow, if you feel it will result in loss, f@#! the penalty. play on!! go for win or draw. gg
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:58 AM by avirex »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2015, 02:55 PM »
The split points of view in this thread actually rests my case.

Cows can be different. From tiniest ones to the ones affecting the whole match. If two players cannot come to an agreement (like this game), a mod will kick in. Intentional cows just to take advantage will result in losing the game.

Some of you just like the afterwards drama more than playing the game.

@ropa,
Stop running after my posts. Go see a proctologist instead; TUS has been bugging you since it started, yet you can't let go. While you're on that, please come back with a witty response, I need a little push to go Kiros on your ass.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline j0hny

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2015, 03:27 PM »
If you wanna play cup or something, Im at the email: lukaszmok21@gmail.com sound on my phone.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) \(ツ)/ (╯°□°)

Offline avirex

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2015, 04:15 PM »
intentional cows to take advantage will result in losing the game...

but intentionally not taking your penalty to take advantage will result in void games??

that's an interesting concept you have there, MI...

but its good to know, everyone should be on the same playing field...

next time i cow, im not taking penalty.. ill just go for the win/draw.. void game beats a loss any day.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2015, 05:18 PM »
You can do that avirex. My reaction won't be the same as this game but you can try.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline ANO

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2015, 05:22 PM »
...so now you can look at the psychological side of wormers' mind just looking at their cow/turns and be able to see if they were cowing on purpose or not... and of course Avirex who has just declared it, it's an easy target. avirex, try to alias

Offline Senator

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2015, 05:31 PM »
next time i cow, im not taking penalty.. ill just go for the win/draw.. void game beats a loss any day.

I'm not sure why u think u could do that based on this case..

1. j0hny took penalty (according to the current rules it was a proper skip, only late)
2. u gave us approval to perform the skip late
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:10 PM by Senator »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2015, 07:38 PM »
...so now you can look at the psychological side of wormers' mind just looking at their cow/turns and be able to see if they were cowing on purpose or not... and of course Avirex who has just declared it, it's an easy target. avirex, try to alias

"Now"? I've been involved with loads of complaints for 6 years. There's nothing new regarding cows. Just some drama once in a while and most of the time with the same people involved.

It is a no-brainer, we had an even game, a cow and a late skip penalty which resulted in the win of the team who broke the rules. dt lost by a huge margin. Game's void.

Offline Senator

« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2015, 08:23 PM »
except it was a draw xd or are u referring to some old case?

Offline avirex

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2015, 09:58 PM »
yeah.. every time you mention this game MonkeyIsland, you speak as if dt was at disadvantage...

this was a DRAW game.. thats why im wondering wtf your talking about

if they had won, i would not question a single thing, it would just ask that the game is void..

but this was a f@#!ing draw... you should not be able to break rules, avoid penalties, draw games, and everything is fine.... are you even viewing the game MI?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2015, 06:18 AM »
I'm terribly sorry. I don't know how I missed the ending, I think I got caught by 14:45 by the huge advantage of TLaD. (How did you lose that game anyway?)

It's a win for dt. You can report. Glad I said the "no-brainer" line hehe. Again sorry :(