Forums
April 28, 2024, 09:21 AM

Author Topic: Complaint / Question - Big BnG maps  (Read 3463 times)

Offline Kaleu

Re: Complaint / Question - Big BnG maps
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2016, 10:05 PM »
WA map editor doesn't allow large bit maps, and some people including me don't want to be dependent of an 3rd party mapmaker tool, how to proceed?

So..
3rd party tool is ok when you rope cheating with ahk.
It's ok when you play roper with transparent water.

But when you occasionally need to make 2 clicks in mapgen for bigger map it's too much work for you.

Point taken, I'm off this thread.

Seriously? You need proof to say those kind of things, I have transparent water in my nonsteam wa version for extracting frames and gifs, that gif was made for the cause (show sudden death water rise) for Korydex, anyway, here's my advice: Don't talk shit about things that you was not even here to witness, Do you see people talking about Anubis and Ropa's past aliases nowadays? Yes you don't, because it's called respect, so take your place as a f@#!ing newcomer aerial/bng player, use your free time to master an important scheme because this is a league. Anubi, Darkz etc were right, every topic is a noobfest with newcomers and their little willpower to show their point in every existing subject.

General consensus, I think, was that big maps are allowed in certain schemes, so I'd assume a host that picks a big map has all the right to pick a big map even if the other team is not happy with it, however,  the other team should be allowed to prepare for a bigger map to change resolution for example. So I propose the following:

1. It's the responsibility of the player(s) that join the host to check if a map is big or not in schemes were different sizes are allowed, such as: (insert schemes). When lighting up you agree that you are ready for the map!
1b.: When asked, the host has to answer if a map is big or not and allow his opponent to make preparations.

The map size rules are a mess. BnG is the only scheme where the rules say the map should be default sized. On the other hand, big maps have been used in some other schemes such as Shopper and WxW. How can you justify allowing big maps in Shopper but not in Hysteria, for example? I don't think you can.

Btw the map size of BnG was stated clearly in the rules earlier: "BnG map must have default width size (1920 pix), not more and not less." Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20150316151550/https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-992/ Having such a strict rule only in BnG scheme seemed stupid, that's why it was taken away from the rules section and left indefinite, hehe. I can put it back under the rules if you want.

In Shopper and WxW the map size has based on agreement so far and I think it could be like that with all the schemes. No one should be forced to play on a big map if he doesn't want, though. We will probably make this more clear in the rules. If you get accidentally into a game on a big map, you could request a normal map and quit.

So, when can we have rules updated and an official annoucement in the front page please?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:15 PM by Kaleu »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Sensei

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2016, 10:26 PM »
What's up Kaleu.. Skipped some meal today?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:28 PM by Sensei »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2016, 10:29 PM »
I might have f@#!ed up in the past but I have paid back and done things for this commmunity more than you can imagine and I won't f@#!ing accept a newcomer to accuse like that.

-Made 400+ TTRR and some other maps
-Translated Worms Armageddon to Brazilian Portuguese
-Translated and currently translating TUS
-Translated Wheat Snooper
-Trusted by Deadcode and CS to have my own Tool Assisted to help in complaints and challenges.
-Brazilians (the noobs you see everyday), I can assume most of them are playing because of my popular worms video
-If you join #Help with brazilian or portuguese flag you will be redirected to a help group managed by me.

What have you done for this community other than irritate people in forums?

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline Sensei

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2016, 10:47 PM »
Well, cause you asked:

- Made 100-150 bng maps that ppl use in clanners on daily basis.
- Made dozens of schemes, hosted cups, challenges
- Translated TUS site on Croatian language (with clanmate Marko)
- Helped and teached dosens of newcomers on wormnet to get familiar with game and it's rules/accesories.
- Showed this site to dozens of new players, some of them now have their own clan.

But, it's true... I admit. Main purpose of my existence here is to butthurt you and ppl similar to you.

Now advice:
Don't give ppl advices. You'll never be taken seriously, doesn't matter how much you tried. For that, you need to able to get in, like walrus said before, the big boy pants. Atm you're far from achieveing that goal.

Offline avirex

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2016, 11:03 PM »
Senator how come some times you follow the rules, some times you dont??

in my complaint, you, or MI (not sure who) clearly said bng is the only scheme big maps are not allowed in, it is even mentioned in the rules... there for all other schemes big maps are allowed it both agree...

now a big map is played, and your going back on that?? this game should be void, it was a game hosted against TUS rules...

do i agree with the rule?? not reall... in my honest opinion, bng is the ONLY scheme that should allow bigger maps, its ironic that TUS has it as the ONLY scheme that does not allow it lmfao... how twisted are the rules???

i said it myself last week, after my complaint, it would open up a can of worms if you did not fix the rules (which i been practically begging yall to do) next week we are going to see someone host a big roper map... and the week after that, there will be big t17

you need to state what is acceptable in the rules, and whats not.... but as of todays date... big maps are not acceptable in the rules, and the game should be void.

ps: Kaleu, nice OP :D

Offline ANO

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2016, 11:32 PM »
I don't want to post a replay, or mention any names, because my opponent went into a complete rage when I said I would find out if this is legal or not.. lol..  so, I will save him some embarrassment for now.

See Kaleu, you want to sound mature and polite, but this is how you opened this thread, which already got 3 pages of dramas.
Just saying...

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2016, 12:23 AM »
I don't want to post a replay, or mention any names, because my opponent went into a complete rage when I said I would find out if this is legal or not.. lol..  so, I will save him some embarrassment for now.

See Kaleu, you want to sound mature and polite, but this is how you opened this thread, which already got 3 pages of dramas.
Just saying...

The OP is pretty much a parody of avirex's big shopper maps complaint.  :)
Lol yea, you warned me ingame, my fault!!
Lot of worthless posts not even from FUB members, decided to mute some users.

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2016, 12:45 AM »
tus forums are great lately... keep it up guys
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2016, 12:47 AM »
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline avirex

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2016, 01:13 AM »
tus forums are great lately... keep it up guys

this is not tus forums, its not a place for chat, its not a place you really even have any business, if your looking for some nice peaceful tus interaction.

this is the COMPLAINT thread... people COMPLAIN here.... so, hate to break the bad news to you gabriel, but everyone is surely going to keep up the complaining, in the complaint thread.

Offline Senator

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2016, 08:58 AM »
Hey avi :-* I was talking to Anubis about the rule changes, I haven't said a word on this case.

Offline ANO

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2016, 09:09 AM »
this case was agreed during the game.. it's not a complaint...
Anyways, let's clarify this thing of the size...
I have never cared about the size of the map honestly, I have also played mini wxw and mini ttrr.

Shall we add a section about this for each scheme? or maybe a general rule?

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2016, 09:55 AM »
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural