Forums
May 13, 2024, 10:18 PM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 42160 times)

Offline Free

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2013, 09:34 AM »
Won't even bother with Komo, ur just stating ur opinions and feelings, some of us actually here are trying to argue WHY Hysteria doesn't belong to classic scheme as it is. Btw, ur ridicilous by trying to compare how long it would take to master ttrr/elite compared to hysteria for someone who would just start WA. Years of learning compared to a month(s) even for someone who just starts WA for the first time.

Could I just get the f@#!ing approval for the challenge and I'll show you guys how easy its to become "f@#!ing great" in hysteria if you just bother with the lame, boring, but effective tactics Hyst forces you to use.

« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2013, 09:40 AM »
People are against hysteria only in tus classic. Personally I like hysteria and it was among my favourite schemes before I joined dt, but later I had to learn "tactics" (lol), and now all games have the same scenario. There are a lot of schemes in TUS Free league (and many old ones), but for some reason only hysteria became "classic".

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2013, 10:14 AM »
Won't even bother with Komo, ur just stating ur opinions and feelings, some of us actually here are trying to argue WHY Hysteria doesn't belong to classic scheme as it is. Btw, ur ridicilous by trying to compare how long it would take to master ttrr/elite compared to hysteria for someone who would just start WA. Years of learning compared to a month(s) even for someone who just starts WA for the first time.

Ok, you are trying to argue why it shouldn't be in Classic, where I am arguing why it should, what is the difference? What gives your opinions more value over mine?

What I said about what it takes to become a top player, is a fact, it is not an opinion, Casso etc wouldn't be so good at Hysteria if they hadn't spent years playing WA practising their BnG skills, it took ME years with alot of the time 16 hours a day @ BnG to become as good as I am, it took Mablak years to master TTRR, same with other top players in other schemes...

From someone who has never played WA before, it will take roughly the same time to become a top player for any chosen "speciality" scheme, whether it is Elite or Hysteria.

If you even try to argue against what I just said, I swear i'll probably die laughing...

Edit: Take the test and play against Casso 10 games, I will be surprised if you even win 1, the guy beat me like 8-1 in Hysteria, granted, I didn't play so well, but 8-1 and at the time I was dominating TRL:Hysteria by quite a large margin.

« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2013, 10:22 AM »
Barman beats me 10-0 in Chute Race, every scheme needs time to learn it. There is more logical place for hysteria in TUS, like for Kaos and other stuff, but what a surprice this discission is going nowhere as always xD

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2013, 10:30 AM »
Barman beats me 10-0 in Chute Race, every scheme needs time to learn it. There is more logical place for hysteria in TUS, like for Kaos and other stuff, but what a surprice this discission is going nowhere as always xD

Lol, my bad, I was talking about Classic, I thought that was obvious xD

« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2013, 11:23 AM »
I still don't understand why are you protecting hyst as a classic scheme. It can be in TRL, HAL, Free, people can play hyst cups. But it's just sad to see people picking hyst instead of elite for example, and I'm better in hyst than in elite :D

Offline Free

« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2013, 12:02 PM »

Ok, you are trying to argue why it shouldn't be in Classic, where I am arguing why it should, what is the difference? What gives your opinions more value over mine?

What I said about what it takes to become a top player, is a fact, it is not an opinion, Casso etc wouldn't be so good at Hysteria if they hadn't spent years playing WA practising their BnG skills, it took ME years with alot of the time 16 hours a day @ BnG to become as good as I am, it took Mablak years to master TTRR, same with other top players in other schemes...

From someone who has never played WA before, it will take roughly the same time to become a top player for any chosen "speciality" scheme, whether it is Elite or Hysteria.

If you even try to argue against what I just said, I swear i'll probably die laughing...

Edit: Take the test and play against Casso 10 games, I will be surprised if you even win 1, the guy beat me like 8-1 in Hysteria, granted, I didn't play so well, but 8-1 and at the time I was dominating TRL:Hysteria by quite a large margin.

I'm arguing with REASONS, your arguing with just your feelings and opinions.

And yes, I will take the test but only if MI agrees to do something with the scheme, I won't bother with the discomfort otherwise. Learning to BnG and learning Hysteria is totally different thing when it comes to general bng skills, thats why beginners win pros in hysteria. Get some logic in ur head Komo.

« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2013, 12:11 PM »
Your logic is not clear here, Free. Beginners win pros? I think you compare uncomparable. For example, Chelsea is not a "pro" elite player, but he can easily win one in hyst, because hyst and elite are different schemes. BUT let's assume Chelsea plays vs Random00. Will Chelsea pick hysteria or elite? The answer is obvious, but does Chelsea has better bng skills, or better jp skills or better tactics? I doubt it. What makes Random00 and Chelsea's chances in hyst rather equal then? I dunno...

Offline chakkman

« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2013, 12:43 PM »
How the f@#! you guys dont realize that Hyst is the most bullshit scheme default league has ever seen?

We have Aerial, do something about this already. Its not even worth of discussion. Jesus f@#!ing christ.

Worst thing to happen to competitive worming.

Orly?  :D

Well, hyst is the most popular scheme in classic league since 15 seasons. Enough said i think. This league can only benefit from its existence if it also makes beginners play this league. I didn't use to like the scheme in the past too, but then i get more and more tired of the endless change requests, and the never ending "reduce luck in schemes" debates. Can't be that bad anyway if there's still so much activity in this 14 year old game.

« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2013, 12:45 PM »
If hyst wasn't competitive, Casso wouldn't be dominating it. Simple as that. You can argue all you want about the type of play. I don't like competitive hysteria as its played, but it it's a fact that it is competitive. Until you inderstand that, Free, there's no point talking to you.
+
If people dislike Aerial but like Hyst, just give them their hysteria league, It's probably what the majority wants anyway, play their hysterias without getting owned in proper skilled schemes because of both players get to pick 1 scheme.
= we are done.

This image is a fact. You can look it up yourself. Hysteria takes skills. Proper skills and if it didn't, we wouldn't have this high a percentage in wins. If it's just about killing yourself, their percentage could never get this high. You have to look at Komo in BnG and Random in shopper to get this high a winning percentage (or slightly higher).

I suggest you take up your own challenge just to see how poorly you would do against the good hysteria players.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2013, 01:02 PM »
ok, let it stay, but don't make more shits in classic league as it uses to be done in TUS since start. I can't understand why in these all old leagues there was always standart classic league, while in TUS there are only changes. First of all added hysteria and intermediate (happily deleted quickly), then reduced girders in t17, and now I can hear about adding aerial (whatever it is) or other changes. Let's leave this alone. Classic league must be standart and can't be changing, or we can't call it CLASSIC league.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2013, 01:04 PM »

You are trying to lecture another human being about logic, when you can't even realise those things you call reasons, are nothing but opinions.

Really?

And lol, chakk already got that one :D

Offline Free

« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2013, 01:44 PM »
D1, you obviously didn't get the general message behind my idea, Random00 is one of the best overall players anyway so he doesn't get owned in proper skilled schemes. What I was trying to say that most of people that like hysteria (majority of beginners) would probably be more happy with just Hysteria league without getting owned by good all-rounders, your really f@#!ing the dot here D1. I took a quick look at maverick's played games also, mostly noob bashing.

The challenge is just to show that Hysteria really ain't as competitive scheme as you might think when you just have the patience to play the lame, but effective way. Darkz put it like I would put it, when I get bored enough, I try to go all-in. Dominating sides and keeping the worm advantage is pretty much what effective hysteria tactics boil down to until it goes to 1v1 and the map gets sliced from side zooking and/or sd is forced and here comes the 1-shot win.

I'm done with the talking because this is just like every other Hysteria thread, you want to keep the activity (let them have their own hysteria league) but forget about the opinions of competitive players who take this game seriously and are serious about balancing the schemes.

Also, doesn't anyone get the fact how prematurely this scheme was added as classic scheme?

And no, I won't take up the challenge just to annoy myself unless I will see benefit out of it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 01:48 PM by Free »

« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2013, 01:53 PM »
Did Random practice hyst for ages? I guess he just uses his weapon skills + simple hyst tactic. Casso does perfect zook & nades shots mostly. This scheme didn't introduce anything new to the classic league, but it's easy to learn and fun, perfect for TUS free :D

Offline Free

« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2013, 01:55 PM »
I really dont see anything fun when you play the effective hyst tactics.

Statik, you was talking to me or that its perfect for TUS free league?