Forums
May 13, 2024, 03:54 AM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 42143 times)

Offline ANO

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2013, 03:39 PM »
I've done only 3 posts and I m already bored!!!

Try to do something,

you and Free vs Casso and Kaleu or other 2 pros.

little cup, if you win, you remove it, if not, you will join a community of hysteria uahuah

Show us how easy hyst is, come one, put the balls out if you have 2 big ones, it should not be hard!

« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2013, 03:54 PM »
Btw hysteria is not noob-friendly, 1 second usually scares new people. But average players have good chances (better than in  elite) to win it against anyone.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2013, 04:08 PM »
I found the thread for clan league playoffs season 1 (Jan '09) where SPW quoted the rules and Hysteria was already mentioned in them. I'm not sure if there was a poll or something earlier, I really can't remember either.

Edit: I found the thread. A stunning 14 people voted for it with 11 against it. Guess that's all it took. :D
Against is now leading 17-16 lol :P looks like people are voting now.

i remember a raw version of hysteria when lex? invented it back in the day.  it was a ton of fun, and for my first 5 turns or so i couldn't even figure out what the hell i was doing.  the one thing i wouldn't have ever thought in my wildest dreams is that the scheme had the capacity to be a league scheme.  I saw it as some bit scheme that was fun, but something i could never play competitively nor something that i could see myself continually playing.  Yet here we are, and that same made-up scheme has become a bona-fide league set.  It doesn't fit with any of the other league schemes.  If elite is the cadillac of worming, the strategic pinnacle; then hysteria is a beat up piece of shit car.  It's a fun scheme, but not for the thinking man.  Don't get me wrong, its fun.  But it still isn't a league scheme.  TUS can dress up hysteria all it wants in a disguise, but a turd wearing clothing is still a pizzasheet.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 04:53 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline Maciej

« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2013, 04:17 PM »
You still will have lost then, though.

I didn't say I will win only because it's too lucky scheme to talk about being sure. ;)

Offline Free

« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2013, 04:52 PM »
Just wow.

« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2013, 05:48 PM »
I didn't say I will win only because it's too lucky scheme to talk about being sure. ;)

Hear that, Random00? You're lucky! :)
So where's that alternative option?

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2013, 08:59 PM »
Facepalm
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2013, 10:00 PM »
Free, the thread about Hysteria on TUS is way too old. You shouldn't look at it that way. Those times TUS had other problems like getting community's acceptance/approval. The leagues were so young and we were trying hard to deliver something to satisfy the majority of the community. Hysteria got fit in nicely while Intermediate got us into even more trouble. Some popular comments like "TUS is shit, they allow Intermediate!" or some point of views like this game's chat.

A lot of threads about Hysteria got created since, but in my point of view, most started out of anger of losing. Hysteria is the most played scheme on TUS. Not one of the most, it is THE most played scheme. 17,191 single games as I type this. (followed by Roper 12,235 and TTRR 11,754, check seasons info for full statistics). Removing the most popular scheme from classic league is not that easy, even if you prove that the scheme is flawed.

Personally I don't think Hysteria is flawed. A flaw in a scheme is what makes the skill level lower, or allows noobs to beat pros more often. I fail to see such flaw in Hysteria. Our great Hysteria players (off the top of my head) are Gabriel, Casso, Random00. I don't think a noob could have ANY chance against these players.

I am really tired of engaging into scheme fights. We mostly like to argue theoretically. If someone is up for it and challenge one of top hysteria players and achieve like 40-50% winning percentages against these players, then I think it will open our eyes about how flawed this scheme is and helps us take further actions.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2013, 10:21 PM »
but you must agree with me, that hysteria is ONLY scheme in which you can do lots of mistakes and you are still in game, while in every other scheme, even in shopper, wxw or t17, 2-3 mistakes make you unable to win (of course if your opponent doesn't make them too)

Offline ANO

« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2013, 10:28 PM »
but you must agree with me, that hysteria is ONLY scheme in which you can do lots of mistakes and you are still in game, while in every other scheme, even in shopper, wxw or t17, 2-3 mistakes make you unable to win (of course if your opponent doesn't make them too)

and think that yu against Casso you will be never in game uhauhauha

Offline Maciej

« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2013, 10:37 PM »

and think that yu against Casso you will be never in game uhauhauha

shame on me ;x
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-75690/

Offline ANO

« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2013, 10:40 PM »
@I didn't play very well, I was angry about the BnG Game :-(@ and 1 game doesn t mean anything. btw, macjieji, yu are too angry, get a girlfriend!!! yu need to reset!

Offline Krezo

« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2013, 10:50 PM »
No signature.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2013, 11:00 PM »
lol ano, that's you who is too angry, you bring up ridiculous arguments which I just easy destroy giving simly reasons

Offline ANO

« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2013, 11:13 PM »
destroy??? uahauh
man, in my view yr arguing is ridicolous exactly as mine is for you. this discussion is sensless.