Forums
May 14, 2024, 11:14 PM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 42335 times)

Offline ANO

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #255 on: February 13, 2013, 11:17 AM »
So don't read that sentence, nothing changes in what I wanted to say.

Offline ANO

« Reply #256 on: February 13, 2013, 11:21 AM »
anyway.. it's enough. I said what I had to say.

Cya

Offline Husk

« Reply #257 on: February 13, 2013, 11:45 AM »
Well said ANO, i'd rather take my chances relying on skill @ shooting opponents in Hysteria than what crates i'll get in a T17 or Roper etc anyday.

However, I like all schemes anyway :) I just don't have time to perfect everything :(

+1

« Reply #258 on: February 13, 2013, 01:07 PM »
Twisting your words, Free? I literally quoted you, you can look it up. It's not my fault you're not making sense.
MI predicted you'd respond to the results of the poll like this. Well, that and a few other comments that haven't been made yet :) Let's see if those will still come with time, though.

I can't see anything constructive coming out of this thread anymore.

Because you discard every constructive comment ever posted if they don't fit your view that Free's opinion is fact.

Offline Free

« Reply #259 on: February 13, 2013, 01:58 PM »
Twisting your words, Free? I literally quoted you, you can look it up. It's not my fault you're not making sense.
MI predicted you'd respond to the results of the poll like this. Well, that and a few other comments that haven't been made yet :) Let's see if those will still come with time, though.

I can't see anything constructive coming out of this thread anymore.

Because you discard every constructive comment ever posted if they don't fit your view that Free's opinion is fact.

Yes, I was talking about I dont see value hosting cups because none of the cups hosted so far around changing hysteria hasn't done anything to chance Hysteria as CLASSIC scheme, and then you bring up how changes were made in TUS.

And what does my reaction to the poll have to do with anything? Even an idiot could predict the poll results as Hyst is the most popular scheme, it still doesn't mean that there's something very wrong with the scheme.

I don't see anything constructive coming out of this thread because half of the posts are flame, and my challenge wasn't accepted even though even Casso suggested there's no way I can come up with 40% win ratio in few weeks so I don't want to torture myself with the scheme any more than I really need to.

Also, you still dodged my question which I asked twice already and there has been no opinions on what about making a separate Hysteria league and how it would perhaps benefit the majority of TUS players = Reason why I, personally, don't see anything constructive coming out of this thread anymore, not because of your deeply thought psychologic analysis.

Darkz said it the best IMO, and I rest my case.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2013, 02:14 PM »
Free, not so long ago you were posting threads about some magical drugs that make you one with planet Earth or something, everything is beautiful, I don't understand why you are getting so upset about something that brings so much god damn happiness to so many god damn people...

« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2013, 02:31 PM »
(most voters are beginners/average players with not enough experience)
I could say the same thing zipper, I'm pissed that you guys only think about the popularity instead the top players wanting to have the most balanced schemes possible.
There is the problem here Free, you don't think of the majority but only about yourself. On one side you want to promote this league in order to have lot more new people joining on the other you do the opposite and want to make the league even more elitist (which in fact seems to be wrong since lot of people tell you hyst need skills) by removing the most popular scheme. I don't know when you started playing league game but let's say back in wl days. Would you have liked that hhc remove shopper from the league because it was too luck biased (which with the old scheme involved much more luck).

none of our oldschoolers opinions matter

Do you really believe that ? D1,me and some other aren't we oldschool enough for you lol ? I even made a komo post about it (<3 komo). Try to quote  from me another komo post. You'll see it'll be hard. I made several suggestion about how we could handle it but well it wasn't in your way of thinking so I guess it wasn't worth considering it.

« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2013, 05:51 PM »
40% disapproving of the scheme is still a major population...  If you asked about the other schemes being league-worthy, I don't think there would be such a high disapproval percent.  Of course, only 98 people have voted in the poll... Worms is way more active than 98 players, so you're never going to properly gather data about the scheme by just posting an optional poll question...

If you're really serious about gathering data, you'd force people to answer a short survey on hysteria or else their tus account will be banned... Give them a reasonable time to do the survey, then analyze those results.  I know it sounds harsh forcing people to do the survey, but if you want real stuff to work with, you need to be ambitious about it like in the real world...
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Husk

« Reply #263 on: February 13, 2013, 05:58 PM »
no need to ban any accounts.. but maybe prevent them from reporting unless they have done the survey?

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #264 on: February 13, 2013, 09:23 PM »
I heard fly shoppa is very funny and skillax scheme! In fact some years ago it used be possibly the most hosted scheme for some time. Therefore adding fly shoopa is the only logical way to go.

Nowadays I see people hosting PX HIGHLANDER over and over again. PX Highlander Classic or ban me. Or even better - ban everyone!

Raise popularity, to the stars! $$$ :)

Edit:
PS. I rarely see people hosting ropers and very few people join it when I host it. I'd rather see that antique crap removed from classic. Just a lil suggestion.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:28 PM by Bonhert »

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline SPW

« Reply #265 on: February 13, 2013, 09:53 PM »
To me it was obvious that hysteria would win that poll. And as Shyguy said, dont think other schemes would get that amount of yes votes.

try it again in 10 years. ^^

Offline Ray

« Reply #266 on: February 13, 2013, 11:26 PM »
Free is getting upset because of the simple reason that he is right, he knows he is right, others know he is right, yet everyone dresses up in their outfits like it is democracy time and pretends that this topic is a vote or discussion of any sort. ;)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #267 on: February 14, 2013, 12:08 AM »
Free is getting upset because of the simple reason that he is right,

Shutup man, it's an opinion, please stop trying to state opinions as facts.

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #268 on: February 14, 2013, 10:13 AM »
I read this topic like a comic book :).

It turned out quite clear that disliking hysteria is rather not welcome and meets a great opposition just like not approving homosexual orientation nowadays.
Even my ironic post, that was only meant to ridicule some logic, has hurt someones feelings, but that's not the case.

I highly respect people who have courage to have an opinion that isn't mainstream and say it aloud.
On the other hand I admire the passion of some hysteria lovers here, however I somehow see only few of them posting in this topic. Perhaps it's just my impression.

To conclude things up. A great solution would be the idea, which I, Husk and possibly some other people have been already talking about, that is:
banning two schemes (1 by each player/clan) before starting playoffs schemes picks for each round.
Then also hysteria lovers could remove another scheme from the pool.

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline Breeze

« Reply #269 on: February 14, 2013, 10:25 AM »
Only people enjoying this are the noob bashing scum filth of this community.