Forums
May 13, 2024, 10:41 PM

Poll

Do you want Hysteria to be in Classic league?

YES
NO

Author Topic: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE  (Read 42163 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: BAN HYSTERIA FROM DEFAULT LEAGUE
« Reply #375 on: February 21, 2013, 09:33 PM »
Perhaps they might when those TCB challenges are uploaded ;D

There are Darts TCB challenges??? Oh yeah, and where is this BnG challenge you were telling me and bar about? ARGUAGUA !

*** READ LAST PAGE, DARKONE POSTED ! ***

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #376 on: February 21, 2013, 09:50 PM »
While we're at it, why shouldn't we rethink other schemes as well? I have serious problems with BnG. To me it is a totally broken scheme. ffs we've broken the scheme down to *every 4 notches changes one worm sprite*. Is it me being so close-minded that I can't comprehend that a competition could be done on the sprite level and down to notching guides like a math multiply table? Isn't it the same others can't comprehend self-suicide/telepile could count as a form of competition too?

Where is the skill in notching? Where is the skill in telepile? oh god I don't know what I believe anymore!  :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 21, 2013, 10:00 PM »
While we're at it, why shouldn't we rethink other schemes as well? I have serious problems with BnG. To me it is a totally broken scheme. ffs we've broken the scheme down to *every 4 notches changes one worm sprite*. Is it me being so close-minded that I can't comprehend that a competition could be done on the sprite level and down to notching guides like a math multiply table? Isn't it the same others can't comprehend self-suicide/telepile could count as a form of competition too?

Where is the skill in notching? Where is the skill in telepile? oh god I don't know what I believe anymore!  :)

I wouls love BnG to dissapear from classic ! All hail MonkeyIsland !

Offline SPW

« Reply #378 on: February 21, 2013, 10:10 PM »
Some people are just sick of the game but cant leave it, forever. I guess this community is just sick. Too many years and life is going on. One game, many leagues in many many years.

Its interesting that most of the posts in this thread are not from the active players. So why they care so much about tus? I'm sure they wont play tus league if hysteria gets removed. Not the most of them. But we do lose a lot of active hysteria players. They wont accept an hysteria league, that just would be a joke to them.

You can talk about some changes but the schemes must stay, in my opinion.

And about this luck conversation. Where's the problem there are some schemes with more luck in it? Even Elite needs some luck like almost all schemes. Its the samplesize. You also can play poker on a competitive level even its luck based. But at the end, after many many games, the better will stay at top.

So its possible to play hysteria at a high competitive level, its a matter of samplesize.

Accept this 60:40 situation on votings. Those 40% has to respect this. Other schemes wouldnt get a better ratio, once again. TTRR would be about 50:50 and thats a 0% luck scheme! Other 50% has to respect that too (also me, and I only dont play classic league cause of that damn ttrr!)  ::)

Who cares? Nobody, its my problem! Too much egoists here..  :(

Offline chakkman

« Reply #379 on: February 21, 2013, 10:24 PM »
Some people are just sick of the game but cant leave it, forever. I guess this community is just sick. Too many years and life is going on. One game, many leagues in many many years.

Its interesting that most of the posts in this thread are not from the active players. So why they care so much about tus? I'm sure they wont play tus league if hysteria gets removed. Not the most of them. But we do lose a lot of active hysteria players. They wont accept an hysteria league, that just would be a joke to them.

You can talk about some changes but the schemes must stay, in my opinion.

And about this luck conversation. Where's the problem there are some schemes with more luck in it? Even Elite needs some luck like almost all schemes. Its the samplesize. You also can play poker on a competitive level even its luck based. But at the end, after many many games, the better will stay at top.

So its possible to play hysteria at a high competitive level, its a matter of samplesize.

Accept this 60:40 situation on votings. Those 40% has to respect this. Other schemes wouldnt get a better ratio, once again. TTRR would be about 50:50 and thats a 0% luck scheme! Other 50% has to respect that too (also me, and I only dont play classic league cause of that damn ttrr!)  ::)

Who cares? Nobody, its my problem! Too much egoists here..  :(

Top post, reflects exactly my view on this, once again.  :)

Offline Free

« Reply #380 on: February 21, 2013, 10:40 PM »
While we're at it, why shouldn't we rethink other schemes as well?

Amen. This won't never effectively happen with "everyone gets a vote" principle, it would work with a council of X amount of active, smart, top all-rounders with a lot of experience.

I don't see you taking these actions though, so whatever. :)

SPW, it's funny how you say that a hysteria league would be a joke for "them", with having nothing to base your argument on, it needs to be tested first.

« Reply #381 on: February 21, 2013, 11:25 PM »
Ok for starters shy, "you guys don't like hysteria the way it is" IS A FACT, it's the reason you are posting here in the 1st place... However:

Holy shit, you really can't go one post without your cocky this-is-the-way-it-is attitude, can you?

"you guys don't like hysteria the way it is" IS A FACT"' - It's not a fact, you're actually dead wrong... if it were a fact, I'd be making suggestions to change the scheme, not remove it from classic league and into the free league WHICH I'VE ACTIVELY PLAYED IN BEFORE.  I've said I've enjoyed playing hysteria before.. that's always been my stance; I can just recognize what schemes are classic league worthy... IT IS POSSIBLE to like hysteria and still want it removed. 

" it's the reason you are posting here in the 1st place..."  Once again, you're bullying the conversation by implying you know something to be true, and you know what, it's really f@#!ing annoying when you do that and talk for others like you just did.  The "reason" you think I'm posting is false, first of all, but to outright claim my motivations with such confidence is extremely arrogant.  I'm posting because I believe hysteria belongs in the free league, not because you think I don't like the scheme.  You're constantly shoving your inaccurate 'truths' down other people's throats.  You're downright toxic to any form of legitimate debate and if I were a mod you'd be muted by now...

Can't any mod see how Komo constantly bullies people with his 'matter of fact' assumptions and statements?  I've quoted like 6 of them in my last 2 posts... Can the mods not think for themselves and just realize Komo is just spouting bullshit and ban him from the thread already?  Jesus christ, I don't even care about the hysteria topic anymore, someone just needs to remove Komo because he can't for the life of him perpetuate healthy communication... In any other workplace scenario, someone like him would not be tolerated to speak if he's just going to put words in everyone's mouth EVERY GOD DAMN POST
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #382 on: February 21, 2013, 11:34 PM »
ShyGuy, if you want it to be removed, then you don't like it how it is, DUH !

« Reply #383 on: February 22, 2013, 02:38 AM »
sigh
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline Husk

« Reply #384 on: February 22, 2013, 03:01 AM »
that would be like saying if u like bungeerace like it is, then u want it in classic league?

Offline Breeze

« Reply #385 on: February 22, 2013, 05:58 AM »
I read up to page 23 and I've had enough.

Basically what I get from this thread is, ShyGuy is 100% right. (Free 80%)
And the rest of you are f@#!ing idiots with no valid arguements.

Hysteria was obviously put into this league because the creator was butt buddies with Monkey Island.

Sometimes you have to tell your friend that they're just simply wrong.

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ ALL OF SHYGUY'S POSTS, TO SEE HOW STUPID YOU REALLY ARE.

ALSO, KOMODO, YOU ARE A DOLT.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 06:00 AM by Breeze »

Offline Free

« Reply #386 on: February 22, 2013, 07:16 AM »
Hahahah :D

Maybe it's time to lock this thread. What's even more sad than not doing anything about Hyst, is that we, as community are getting more separated, this is just one of the prime thread examples of how some scheme/league issue is addressed and then it becomes a flame war.

In theory, let's have everyone vote and make a difference sounds f@#!ing great, it really doesn't work in our community, we got more than enough reference experiences over the years.

Have a council that makes decisions instead open polls/threads, maybe we stick tighter as a community then.

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 22, 2013, 08:21 AM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 07:53 PM by Doubletime »

Offline Breeze

« Reply #388 on: February 22, 2013, 08:32 AM »
That's not the point I was trying to address Free.
No one has listened to any of the valid points yourself and ShyGuy have said.
The best response so far has been, "you suck at it, so mad".  It is really rather childish.

Said it a million times, I'll say it again, hysteria comes down to 1v1, which is essentially a BNG and guess what.. we already have BNG.

Badmins running yet another league.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #389 on: February 22, 2013, 08:40 AM »
Breeze we don't talk like that here. It is your very first time here mate, I'm gonna pass.

Hysteria was obviously put into this league because the creator was butt buddies with Monkey Island.

If you're gonna come so strong, shouldn't you at least get your facts straight?
Hysteria is created by Run, the creator of WSE. I've never had even one line conversation with him. I haven't met him and he is not even registered on TUS. Hysteria got added to TUS, because of its popularity back then, which I haven't regret to this very day.

Doubletime,
Also bungee race is not luckless...The wind can make you recover faster after a fall and thus make the diffrence between first and second place...

What? Did you read that somewhere? See this is one of the common problems we have. People try to criticize the scheme(s) they haven't put enough time on. It reminds me of worms reloaded people who were claiming "who needs rope, it was ruining the game play anyway".

Getting back to topic,
If I'm about to summarize the flaws about Hysteria I've heard over the years, it is that you can suicide, gain advantage using telepile and no matter what, most likely it would be 1 on 1 at the end and a lucky shot wins the game. So for this to work, you need to tighten up your BnG skills to have more chance on the end lucky shot, nothing else is required.
I've begged for this, I will do this again, PLEASE someone illustrate this to me/community? Casso has already agreed to play. Someone please play with Casso and post the replays here? ShyGuy?

I want this topic to move on. It won't if we're just going on circles pointing the hypothetical flaws. Let's continue this with some examples?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.