Do you agree with my idea.

Yes
16 (64%)
No
2 (8%)
I dont care actually.
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Banning map raping  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Triad

Banning map raping
« on: June 26, 2013, 03:07 PM »
just an idea but maybe lets put a limit to using same map per season. For example if its your pick, you can pick map A only twice per season. (Opponent can pick map A twice if its his/her pick. If both pick, no limit) So there wont be no map-raping.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:28 PM by Triad »

Offline HHC

Re: Banning map raping
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 03:23 PM »
2 seems a bit low. I could pick a random map from my list like I always do and happen to play on the same mablak roper map 3 times during one season. It happens.

I'm more for naming and shaming people who make maprape an art. Perhaps a public thread will do, with the ppl and the map they always pick. Like chelsea and his granny map ;D
If people refuse to play those maps against those guys mapraping will lose its effect.

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 03:32 PM »
I can change 2 pixels in map, and it's other map xDD

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 03:36 PM »
I can change 2 pixels in map, and it's other map xDD

Maybe you are that stupid to believe this, but the rest of planet Earth is not, k. :)

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 03:47 PM »
lol if 2 pixels are changed so it's OTHER map. If it's not same so it's other :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 03:53 PM »
lol if 2 pixels are changed so it's OTHER map. If it's not same so it's other :D

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 04:09 PM »
What don't you understand Komo? He edites it slightly, it's not anymore shown as the map he raped so hard. Being it visually more or less the same map as before doesn't change the fact it's not read by the system and it will be shown separately in statistics.

Offline Asbest

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 04:24 PM »
Rofl Chelsea and Komo xD

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 04:29 PM »
there is already rule made to prevent this about being agree on map, if chelsea put map you dont like force him to switch it, you have all rights to do this

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 04:43 PM »
Dulek - A few pixels doesn't change the fact it's the same map, I am fully aware "the system" doesn't have the intelligence of a human, that is where the players step in and file a complaint against him, which he will ultimately lose.

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 04:50 PM »
The sollution to this problem is very easy....Ban....Shoppa...Permanently...Many lesser skilled players will use shoppa as means of coin flipping...And that is inexcusable for a compettive ladder. Shopper is a disgrace and if we remove it we will take away peopls abillity to " map rape " although i would prefere some other way of wording...

We can get rid of many of the complaints by banning shoppa...We will force people to actually become more seriuos in worms...WxW and roper will suffice (Though WxW is kind of lame and roper is somewhat based on factors outside of the players controll). I think that the masses should not be allowed to make such important descissions..Get an elite team of ropers and let them decide on wheather or not to remove shopper or not..That would surely result in only one way..

On another note Komo..How many pixels would you need to chance in order to make it another map ? If i recolour the entire map then all the pixels will be changed...Unless we mean the location of the pixels as opposed to the actual colours..If i take a map and invert it should it count as a difrent map ? If i remove all the pixels from the art so that the same surface is left for the worms to interact with but the rest is empty (Removing about 90 percent of the pixels) Would it count as a new map by your'e standards ? When will a map count as new ? If i start moving around some of the pixels here and there..How many pixels do i need to move before it is a new map ? As far as i can see it is indeed a diffrent map as soon as 1 pixel has been removed or added somewhere..Though to us it seems the same..

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 05:13 PM »
I disagree with banning shoppa, it IS a skillful scheme if played on higher skilled maps, for example, cavern maps.

Put it this way DT, I will use a music related example, I take any #1 chart hit song, which these days is worth alot of money, if I were to change the sound of the main lead, let's say from a "square wave" to a "triangle wave" and try to release the song as my own, it's still the same song, with the same chords/melodies/feeling/theme/etc, I would more than likely get sued, and then trolled by millions of fans of the original song.

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 05:32 PM »
I disagree with banning shoppa, it IS a skillful scheme if played on higher skilled maps, for example, cavern maps.

Put it this way DT, I will use a music related example, I take any #1 chart hit song, which these days is worth alot of money, if I were to change the sound of the main lead, let's say from a "square wave" to a "triangle wave" and try to release the song as my own, it's still the same song, with the same chords/melodies/feeling/theme/etc, I would more than likely get sued, and then trolled by millions of fans of the original song.

Exactly, we humans so easily deluded by our senses need a subjective way to judge these matters..Now to make it more interseting..What if i take a large wxw map and make it 50 percent smaller..Will it still be the same map ? If i take a song and speed it up so it is only half as long will it be a new song then ?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 05:37 PM »
Large WxW map and make it 50% smaller, interesting, I personally think this would be acceptable, but it would depends if it makes parts unreachable, maybe worms would get stuck, but I would see no problem with that.

As for take a song and speed it up double BPM, no, it won't be a new song, but it'll sound funny :) And of course, illegal if you tried to make money from it.

Offline Doubletime

• Sweden Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 06:03 PM »
Large WxW map and make it 50% smaller, interesting, I personally think this would be acceptable, but it would depends if it makes parts unreachable, maybe worms would get stuck, but I would see no problem with that.

As for take a song and speed it up double BPM, no, it won't be a new song, but it'll sound funny :) And of course, illegal if you tried to make money from it.

But the song would be very diffrent..Michale jackson sped up with chipmunk effects is practically a new song based on our limited perception but only 1 factor has been changed. For example lets say i realized a really bad song only to make money, and next year i realized the same nonsence but double speed instead of normal speed..Then it is practically a new song..The beats and the voices are diffrent....So it would be a new song but at the same time it wouldn't ? Likewise with shrinking a map so it is 50 percent as huge, it will be the same map...while diffrent ???