Forums
May 16, 2024, 06:31 AM

Author Topic: BnG - Inf teles  (Read 6081 times)

Offline avirex

Re: BnG - Inf teles
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 01:04 PM »
i was just taking a stab in the dark on what period of time that was...   im sorry if i offended you

edit: and ur right, u have not said anything about me in a while.. maybe i should cut u some slack, i will try my friend, i will try! <3

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 01:16 PM »
replace tele by jp ae

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 02:23 PM »
Agreed, I always use infinite tele's if I'm the hoster.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline franz

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 03:00 PM »
Agreed, I always use infinite tele's if I'm the hoster.

I don't play bng much, but when I'm forced to host, I do like dubc. I just use my old FB bng scheme, inf everything.

so yea, either inf tele or just unanchor, either way (though unanchor is probably too controversial)

Offline darKz

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 03:30 PM »
I do prefer inf teleports. And while we're at it, 1 star shotgun is also nice to have to open your own hide if needed.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 04:06 PM »
you know what makes much more sense than all this small changes, teleports... shotguns...

Just make bng unanchored with no retreat time.

It's the exact same thing, except you don't force players to lose turns.

bring unanchored bng back.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 07:43 AM »
you know what makes much more sense than all this small changes, teleports... shotguns...

Just make bng unanchored with no retreat time.

It's the exact same thing, except you don't force players to lose turns.

bring unanchored bng back.

I'd be happy to use SG in TuS, 1 star pwoer like we have on a2b, at 1st a few members on a2b were unsure, but everyone who has used it for a while now totally digs it, it doesn't give the person using it an advantage or disadvantage, you can hide somewhere totally covered in land, and open next turn, you don't have an advantage because you can't shoot until you open, and you are not at a disadvantage because the other player can't shoot you, so either way it's just like using a teleport except you are making more use of the land/map, it's extremely useful for both sides in 2v2 due to shortage of hides in long games.

As for unanchored BnG, that takes away all the tactics for me, I can already hit anywhere from anywhere, if it was unanchored there'd be no skill in pushing opponents, which for me is the most important thing in 2v2 Clanners, if it was unanchored and no one could push me, the "kill komo 1st" and "push komo" tactics would never work lol, which also means for me I couldn't push anyone, being able to push players and cost them a turn moving is one of the biggest things in my opinion that adds to the level of skill needed in BnG, being pushed and having no direct angle, and having the skill and knowledge to bank/double bank grenades successfully makes it so much more competitive for me and others.

I do however like Unanchored BnG in funners, I am not saying Unanchored BnG is bad, it's good, it's very fun, but in a League it's way way too easy to win for good BnG players, especially those who have mastered the wind, 3s, 4s FP, and 5s LG shots, this would be a good thing if everyone was great at BnG, but there are still so many players way below average in terms of skill in BnG, but then again, if everyone played this maybe it'd be more fun and more people would play? Who knows? It's a good idea none the less, but you would have to be able to select anchored or unanchored I think there will be alot of players who prefer one to the other.

Offline Husk

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 10:48 AM »
yeah, maybe we could play unanchored if both players agree?

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 12:38 PM »
But Komo, you'll find it harder (which doesn't mean it would take effort from your side but still) to translate shots because your opponent has the option of moving every turn.

Imagine you hit, now your opponent moves to a different hide and pushes you. Sure you can go back to your spot, but then there's a chance your opponent will hit you again. So unanchored bng allows the better bnger (IMO) to win always, as it makes it harder to use techniques other than feel (such as shot translation, notching, marking whatever).
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 12:43 PM »
But Komo, you'll find it harder (which doesn't mean it would take effort from your side but still) to translate shots because your opponent has the option of moving every turn.

Imagine you hit, now your opponent moves to a different hide and pushes you. Sure you can go back to your spot, but then there's a chance your opponent will hit you again. So unanchored bng allows the better bnger (IMO) to win always, as it makes it harder to use techniques other than feel (such as shot translation, notching, marking whatever).

Being able to move your worm makes it easier to shoot your opponent, it would definately makes it easier to notch shots, anyone who notches would have a ridiculous advantage. I am sorry but from my own experience (yes I played tons of unanchored BnG in my early BnG days)I feel the latter scheme is the superior in terms of competitive/skilled BnG, whether unanchored would be better for the people who just wanna throw nades in the easiest way for the win.

By the way I am not taking sides or anything, I just think unanchored BnG is far too easy takes out the fun of using the angle you are limited to for that turn and trying to find a way of hitting. I'd play it if it was accepted, it's fun. (Hmm lol, this seems to contradict what I am actually trying to say, I mean it takes out the fun for me in serious games, but I really enjoy unanchored for fun.)

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 07:03 PM »
ropa, remember unanch and sec retreat time? lol HoS were the most darksiding evil bngers ever at times!

I always use inf tele's when i host and request for it when not hosting.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 09:19 PM »
ropa, remember unanch and sec retreat time? lol HoS were the most darksiding evil bngers ever at times!

I always use inf tele's when i host and request for it when not hosting.

hiding on the side of the map basically untouchable and buildin a girder to bounce off the far end of the map was everyday's meal
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline K1NG

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 10:35 PM »
WTF is Unanchored?  :'( :'(

and well... I like infinite tele in every bng i host... most of the time i ask first " Tele Inf np? " to be sure there is not gonna be any complaint after the game ( you know, those who just want to *** you ) and most of them say yes, so np... but if Tele inf becomes Official wuld be good... and also shotgun, just be aware you won't play with a noob that tries to kill you with shotgun  :P

Offline darKz

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 11:24 PM »
Unanchored BnG is when your worms aren't stuck where they stand, you can walk around with them like in every other scheme. It was a pretty common alternative back in the day.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline K1NG

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 12:36 AM »
Unanchored BnG is when your worms aren't stuck where they stand, you can walk around with them like in every other scheme. It was a pretty common alternative back in the day.

=D