Forums
May 16, 2024, 11:43 PM

Author Topic: BnG - Inf teles  (Read 6093 times)

Offline Ramone

Re: BnG - Inf teles
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 01:33 AM »
I think that if U add all 3 things into tus bng: inf tele, shotguns and the unanchored mode (without retreat ofc), it would make not much difference in the bng way of playing in the present tense (year 2011).. It would make a slight difference, but the standings in league would stay the same.. in other words, it doesn't affect much the skills of any player.. it could only cultivate a scheme by a tiny bit.. so.. it should be no big deal or problem to add whatever..

After countless debates about bng in the history of worms, and after developing and bringing bng on the highest levels of playing with b2b crew (which gathers almost all of the best bng players among old and new wormers), I think we should somehow just get to conclusion that it's only the way of playing that makes a difference in bng.. the spirit in a game that makes bng good or bad.. And that is a thing that cannot be determined with any rule..

I think that in present tense only NrBnG could make some difference in tus league bng story... b2b/a2b have drained all of the rest already I guess...

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2011, 02:39 AM »
I think that if U add all 3 things into tus bng: inf tele, shotguns and the unanchored mode (without retreat ofc), it would make not much difference in the bng way of playing in the present tense (year 2011).. It would make a slight difference, but the standings in league would stay the same.. in other words, it doesn't affect much the skills of any player.. it could only cultivate a scheme by a tiny bit.. so.. it should be no big deal or problem to add whatever..

After countless debates about bng in the history of worms, and after developing and bringing bng on the highest levels of playing with b2b crew (which gathers almost all of the best bng players among old and new wormers), I think we should somehow just get to conclusion that it's only the way of playing that makes a difference in bng.. the spirit in a game that makes bng good or bad.. And that is a thing that cannot be determined with any rule..

I think that in present tense only NrBnG could make some difference in tus league bng story... b2b/a2b have drained all of the rest already I guess...

Unachored bng makes a huge difference like Komo stated. I don't like that idea.
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline darKz

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2011, 04:11 AM »

I actually agree. I can notch and if I could walk around I'd most likely hit 100% of my shots just like Komo said. And that's really no overstatement.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2011, 07:02 AM »
Lmfao darKz nice sig xDxD

but if Tele inf becomes Official wuld be good... and also shotgun, just be aware you won't play with a noob that tries to kill you with shotgun  :P

Well I am not even proposing this for TuS, but if MI did implement this I am sure we would add a "No use of Shotgun to attack/damage worms" rule, but so far I am actually surprised and quite happy so many people have backed my SG 1*pwoer idea, it really works wonders, and like I said, alot of people hate being pushed, but it's that much more relaxing if you can use SG and open a little to have angle, instead of having to tele/push/tele/push all the time, most a2b players I know usually host BnG funners with SG now.

Unanchored NrBnG, I would actually be ok with having this as an option, BnG (as it is now) or Unanchored NrBnG, but I am not going to go out my way to fight for it, i'd be happy with it, and play it, but it's not that big a deal for me.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2011, 08:02 AM »

I actually agree. I can notch and if I could walk around I'd most likely hit 100% of my shots just like Komo said. And that's really no overstatement.

Me and Chicken always picked unanchored bng to beat sca notchers.

Ramone: the biggest difference would be that games would be shorter and bng tournaments would benefit.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline darKz

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Me and Chicken always picked unanchored bng to beat sca notchers.

Yes I remember that, but if I'm not mistaken we still won more unanch BnGs than you guys, and I think I got a little better in the last couple years. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2011, 05:22 PM »
most a2b players I know usually host BnG funners with SG now.

Im using SG on funners everytime i host, also i cant see any disadvantage of it on a2b since its not that active + for me its still a funner with difference its fast paced and even in little percentage that win matters anything to me, but, imo, letting SG pass into the wild of TUS is not a good idea. I hope i dont have to elaborate it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 05:25 PM by lacoste »
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2011, 06:51 AM »
but, imo, letting SG pass into the wild of TUS is not a good idea. I hope i dont have to elaborate it.

I hope you do, because we've been through this thoroughly, there is absolutely no bad thing about having SG in BnG, there is no disadvantage to any player, how can you enjoy it for funners but not for League games? You don't even play BnG in a serious competitive way, you never want to win, so why you care about this puzzles me lol. I remember going over this with you like 10 times on IRC and at the Tournaments when I introduced it, in the end everyone agreed it was, and I quote "perfect addiction to BnG" except you, the only thing I think you could say now that I can't counter is "I don't like it cuz I don't like it, simples"

These were your objections the 1st time we discussed this and my counters:

"But I lose a turn" - No you don't, you would have to tele anyway.

You never said this one, but this is for people who forget that Leagues have Rules - "What if other player shoots me with SG" - We're mostly grown ups with intelligence here, it's a league, there will be rules, this will be forbidden, obviously.

"What if someone teles under cover and I can't hit them?" - This is a good thing, being able to make use of bad parts of maps (because some people constantly make maps without enough hides) by hiding under a tree, then opening with Shotgun adds to the variety of the game, lacoste you always said variety is important and most fun for you, shouldn't you be in favour of this? Out of all the BnG's you've played I could pick at least 100 times where SG would have been beneficial for you, probably close to like 1000 situations actually, at least almost everytime you were pushed/no hides left SG would have been useful.

"But then they get 2 turns" - No they don't, if they teleport under something, they can't you, you can't shoot them, they open next turn, they lose a turn, and you lost a turn.

The best thing I must stress about this in my opinion, is the fact you get alot more out any map using SG, you get pushed, you can either teleport or SG, sometimes you don't want to teleport because there isn't anywhere else to move to, this is what kills alot of 2v2 BnG's, being able to SG can ONLY make it better.

The last and most important - There is NOTHING bad about using SG in BnG.

If this persuades anyone into wanting SG for BnG fair enough, but that isn't my goal lol.

ropa, about your point unachored is easier to beat notchers, if you can beat a notcher on unanchored, they are not a proper notcher, I can literally hit 100% when I am notching in BnG, that's very very very lame, and I still hate myself a bit for starting out in BnG as a notcher... This is the 1st, and probably last time I will ever tell you, you are wrong mate xD

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2011, 09:38 AM »
teleporting under something even if you lose your turn is still darksiding.
You shouldn't allow this. Shotgun should be only used in situations were you are pushed into a potential hide, and in your next turn you open up with the SG, meaning your opponent gets a possible shot on your worm at all times.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2011, 09:41 AM »
teleporting under something even if you lose your turn is still darksiding.
You shouldn't allow this. Shotgun should be only used in situations were you are pushed into a potential hide, and in your next turn you open up with the SG, meaning your opponent gets a possible shot on your worm at all times.

No, darksiding is hiding where you can or can't be hit, seeing as you are opening your hide, it's not darksiding, it's just a delay.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2011, 01:11 PM »
No, darksiding is hiding where you can or can't be hit, seeing as you are opening your hide, it's not darksiding, it's just a delay.

So it isn't darksiding if you are only planning on darksiding for one turn?  ;D

I agree with ropa. sg should be for making more angle or opening up when you are pushed. Not for making really hard to hit hides. In my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:16 PM by Dub-c »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2011, 01:14 PM »

So it isn't darksiding if you are only planning on darksiding for one turn?  ;D

The intention isn't darksiding though, the intention is just to have a new hide lol, it IS technically darksiding, but just for one "acceptable" turn...

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2011, 01:21 PM »
But if darksiding is against the rules I don't think it should be acceptable for any turns . . . . get me?

Its like I go rape a girl and try to tell the police that it was acceptable because I only stuck it in and pulled out quickly.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2011, 01:23 PM »
Ok, you don't understand the concept of using SG in BnG then, the point is, doing what I said should be acceptable because it doesn't give either side an advantage or disadvantage in the game, none whatsoever.

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2011, 01:27 PM »
Ok, you don't understand the concept of using SG in BnG then, the point is, doing what I said should be acceptable because it doesn't give either side an advantage or disadvantage in the game, none whatsoever.

Ok  :P