Forums
May 18, 2024, 12:48 AM

Poll

After Sudden Death starts, should you w2w, cba, or have the option? (in the case a crate is still available)

1) When SD begins, w2w should be followed regardless.
2) When SD begins, if crates are available you must follow CBA.
3) When SD begins, If crates are available the player has the choice to CBA or w2w.

Author Topic: CBA or w2w  (Read 3754 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: CBA or w2w
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2015, 06:15 PM »
I think you guys blew this rule out of proportion. You made this minor rule loophole a huge behemoth with a poll when the best solution was to just update the current rule to be easy to understand. I was trying to help as well, but once I saw that it was just arguing over opinions I left the building, progress is done by doing not by talking. This rule does not need change, it works in all 3 approaches fine and fair so all it needed was an update of wording. :)

Offline nino

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2015, 07:54 PM »
Between CANT BE ARSED or w2w i preffer shoppa!!!!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2015, 05:10 AM »
avirex, the debating is fine. I meant Senator can update the rules without contacting me.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2015, 07:05 AM »
By the way, Senator are you a newer player or did you have another name before? I never heard or seen you until 1-2 months ago, same goes for a lot of people now lol.

Offline Senator

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2015, 09:43 AM »
By the way, Senator are you a newer player or did you have another name before? I never heard or seen you until 1-2 months ago, same goes for a lot of people now lol.

I played wwp around 2001-2003? under nicks Senator & OnCle (also WA for a short time before I quitted worms). I was in the same clan with Crazy (wwPd) and I also founded a clan called DoH (Drops on Head). From TUS members I remember Crazy, fada, voltage, Husk, noam... I also remember that I played a lot of RRs with BENSERV. I registered at TUS in 2008 but played mostly FNI tourneys around 2008-2010 (under nick Rantsi). Then I quitted again but came back in 2013 and have played TUS since that :)

I was in wwPd as well with Senator, i think the clan is older then ten years.. DJKris was our leader, we had Prodigy, AIF, Brux, RopeR and some more members. We had a tough time playing against clans like dwi, mash, hos, eq, susuii, iwc, ckc, top, we lost all games that we played. Literally, all games ::) But yea, nice to see him back again, he's a really nice guy like you said avi
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:47 AM by Senator »

Offline avirex

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2015, 04:08 PM »
I think you guys blew this rule out of proportion. You made this minor rule loophole a huge behemoth with a poll when the best solution was to just update the current rule to be easy to understand. I was trying to help as well, but once I saw that it was just arguing over opinions I left the building, progress is done by doing not by talking. This rule does not need change, it works in all 3 approaches fine and fair so all it needed was an update of wording. :)

its only you opinion that we blew it out of proportion. the people who got involved are all passionate about W:A, and want to make clear rules for everyone... you got involved too, but when you seen it was not going to be a quick, easy, right to the point debate, you backed off... im guessing because you are no longer as passionate about W:A as we are... if this debate was WOW, maybe you would still be involved, or if this exact conversation took place 10 years ago, i know for a fact you would still be involved.

im not saying you have NO passion towards the game, but you do not have as much passion as the active players... and you cant deny that, otherwise you would still be playing ;p

i agree, it was getting out of hand, but i wanted to give everybody a fair chance to get their thoughts, and opinions in, worms is a tricky game, there are infinite amounts of possibilities, for instance, it was not until a couple of pages into the debate, that we all decide option 2 was really not fair, and i gave an example of an in-game situation supporting that.

anyway, after i felt like everyone got their 2cents in, i made a poll, and after the poll was going stale, i PM'd the big boss monkeyisland to step in.

the fact that you think it worked in all 3 options fine and fair, shows you did not follow the debate... it kind of proves a healthy debate was needed, and that several minds are better than one... option 2 would be very unfair to someone in a certain situation.

Quote from: MonkeyIsland
avirex, the debating is fine. I meant Senator can update the rules without contacting me.

maybe senator should pick a team of people he wants involved, and who are interested in all of this, and he should make a community, and get private forums... so other people are not bothered by long posts, or 4 page debates.... but i really dont think this is a 1 man job, a team is needed to discuss all options, put their heads together, and come up with the best set of rules, worded properly (wording them properly, after agreeing on the rules is the most important part)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:10 PM by avirex »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2015, 06:48 PM »
I played wwp around 2001-2003? under nicks Senator & OnCle (also WA for a short time before I quitted worms). I was in the same clan with Crazy (wwPd) and I also founded a clan called DoH (Drops on Head). From TUS members I remember Crazy, fada, voltage, Husk, noam... I also remember that I played a lot of RRs with BENSERV. I registered at TUS in 2008 but played mostly FNI tourneys around 2008-2010 (under nick Rantsi). Then I quitted again but came back in 2013 and have played TUS since that :)

I guess we just never had a chance to play each other then or can't remember lol.

maybe senator should pick a team of people he wants involved, and who are interested in all of this, and he should make a community, and get private forums... so other people are not bothered by long posts, or 4 page debates.... but i really dont think this is a 1 man job, a team is needed to discuss all options, put their heads together, and come up with the best set of rules, worded properly (wording them properly, after agreeing on the rules is the most important part)

Yeah I agree with this, I do believe that myself Senator and avirex, with the help of Ryan were able to better understand this situation and the pros/cons of each option that we provided, I doubt Senator would have came to these conclusions on his own.